Paul Rodgers To Be Joined By Jason Bonham On U.K. Tour

luvlz2

"Shooting Star" - Paul Rodgers with Howard Leese from Heart on guitar, Lynn Sorensen on bass and Jason Bonham on drums playing at the Eastside Cannery in Las Vegas, NV. April 2, 2011.

Cadillac would not do it for me. Seemed like a throwaway song to me. Just filler. It just happened to be a song JP used a bow on. They had better material than that.

I saw him perform this live with the Firm. He did not use a violin bow. It was the Lake Placid Blue Fender Stratocaster with liberal use of the tremolo arm and some added guitar effects. He used some similar tremolo effect on the beginning solo to In The Evening. He pushed down the tremolo to lower the pitch of the strings, then strike the strings and the return the tremolo back to normal position.

This is great for Jason! What a great drummer and what a good singer Paul is. I hope they bring this to the states os someone records a show.

The first Vegas gig(vids I posted above)had my name written all over it, if I would have known a little earlier, I would have made the trip for that. I am shooting myself in the foot now for missing that.

Is Paul still doing really short concerts? This is why I haven't gone to see him this time. Last couple of times I've seen him he has done a really short set, about an hour before encores. With the price of tickets, that's just not on, especially when people travel a long way to see him. He'd be better having an interval if he feels he can't do a long stint in one go anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Legendary rock singer Paul Rodgers has just released the first of three new songs and accompanying video footage from rehearsals and performance at the Cannery in Las Vegas, Nevada, taped in April 2011 prior to Paul's U.K. tour dates. The "Mister Moonlight" clip can be seen below (produced by RogueHD).

Band lineup in video:

Paul Rodgers - Vocals, Guitar

Howard Leese - Guitar, Vocals

Jason Bonham - Drums

Lynn Sorensen - Bass, Vocals

Markus Wolfe - Guitar

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160156

The last stop in Birmingham on 28/4/11 was taped for a forthcoming DVD release.

The Manchester show on the 21st April is being put out as the official audio cd. I was at that show B)

Archived