I would easily pay 500 and even 1000 dollars for two....

Grawbad

I know why people never want to release a real definitive work, because its like saying, this is all we got, the whole shebang and releasing anything after this is pointless. But dang it I WANT it.

Dream this:

"The" Led Zeppelin Box Set.

A definitive collection of all that is Led Zeppelin.

**Every album ever released on Vinyl (Preferably 180-200 Gram) We are talking each album in its own sleeve and plastic wrap inside the box.

**Every album on CD for the heck of it.

**Every song like you can get in The Complete Led Zeppelin from iTunes or the like on a hot rodded Led Zeppelin flash drive.

**Every single video they have ever done on Blue Ray and DvD

**A new BD/DVD video of the surviving members sitting down for a chat amongst each other with questions from someone else thrown in every now and then.

**A Tell All hardcover book that covers each member and each song and everything in between all the way down to a science. Like what amp was used for what song, or what sort of tin can did they set the amp inside to get the sound they did for the song "Houses of the Holy".

**A trendy Robert Plant belt buckle. ;) ROFL

**A T-Shirt of course, its customary for them these days.

Throw all kinds of other stuff in there like tickets and whatnot, you know what I mean.

So much you could put in this mammoth box its not funny. An experience just opening the thing is what I am going for. lol

And with a set like that you have to have TWO so you can collect and display one, and the other rip open and experience with your unworthy hands.

Got anything you think should be included?

And hello all, my first post. Long time fan, short time forum user. ;)

Sadly never saw them in person because I had the unfortunate luck of being born to late. 31 years old this year.

I know why people never want to release a real definitive work, because its like saying, this is all we got, the whole shebang and releasing anything after this is pointless. But dang it I WANT it.

Dream this:

"The" Led Zeppelin Box Set.

A definitive collection of all that is Led Zeppelin.

Well part of me says, heck yes I'd love something like that belt buckle and all! But the more logical me thinks you were right with your first comment.

Do you remember that old saying, "Always leave them wanting more....?"

What I would like most is for Jimmy and the others to release at least one full show from their prime (not including RAH here), like Earl's Court for example.

And I want the Plantations, occasional out of tune guitar and all other footage included uncut. Clean up the video and make it 5.1 if necessary, but leave everything else as it was. That to me is the real concert experience as opposed to 2003 dvd which was a highlights show. And where was No Quarter and The Rain Song?

However, I am so excited (as you must be too) for the upcoming O2 release!

P.S. Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you 'round the boards!...................:) missy

Bull shit! They should make each studio l.p. into a massive box set!!!! This is how they should do it!! (No c.d. since Blu-Ray Audio for christsakes should become the new audio physical format.) They should include the music in stereo and 5.1 of course all taken from the original master tapes, the original studio l.p. recordings (ala music), demos, outtakes, instrumentals, (hell remixes however that would work for Zep), interviews from then and now (film and audio), (the original vinyl l.p. on 180 gram) documentary on the project and interviews with all sorts of people new and old, and everything should be in a big hardback book with a hard slip cover...and the cover and artwork should be of the original studio l.p. Of course it should include all the original artwork and new artwork and overload of pictures from that time period...and now...because I think that they should also re-record their songs and do all sorts of new versions...I would pay like you would. You MUST understand one thing...I'm not joking. (This should also be done for my other favorite recording artists Michael Jackson and Queen.)

Bull shit! They should make each studio l.p. into a massive box set!!!! This is how they should do it!! (No c.d. since Blu-Ray Audio for christsakes should become the new audio physical format.) They should include the music in stereo and 5.1 of course all taken from the original master tapes, the original studio l.p. recordings (ala music), demos, outtakes, instrumentals, (hell remixes however that would work for Zep), interviews from then and now (film and audio), (the original vinyl l.p. on 180 gram) documentary on the project and interviews with all sorts of people new and old, and everything should be in a big hardback book with a hard slip cover...and the cover and artwork should be of the original studio l.p. Of course it should include all the original artwork and new artwork and overload of pictures from that time period...and now...because I think that they should also re-record their songs and do all sorts of new versions...I would pay like you would. You MUST understand one thing...I'm not joking. (This should also be done for my other favorite recording artists Michael Jackson and Queen.)

Well, they'd have trouble re-recording their songs and doing new versions, wouldn't they? And Zep wouldn't find it much easier.

From what I understand Michael waaaaaay over recorded songs original and cover ones and did different versions. Of course certain things might need to be finiished in some form but as they say the term "finished" is ambiguous and could mean anything a from having a bunch done or a little bit. Then remixes could be done as well of them since it is pop and dance stuff, eh? As far as Queen they also have unreleased tracks and all of these things and totally pray and expect them to continue doing new things in the years to come as well.

Led Zeppelin definitely could! I can't wait! I'm so excited!!! (And on that note Robert Plant...well all of them as solo artists should also re-record a good number of Zeppelin songs as well in the studio. Especially with Plant doing them in blue-grass versions (whatever you want to call this genre of music he is doing now.))

Archived