Bonham Named Greatest Drummer

I always look out for Sabbath's Bill Ward in these lists, but he barley seem's to appear. Fantastic drummer IMO!

I think to be recognized in these drummer lists you need to have a pretty big personality, which is something Bill Ward never really had. He always just came across to me as the kind of JPJ type. Kept himself to himself/easygoing kinda guy.

And also, I suppose Big Personality can be swapped for "Big Wanker" in Stuart Copeland's scenario.

File this poll under "no shit". B)

Yeah probably, but there are a lot of great drummers out there. Haven't seen you on the board in a while. Welcome back! Always enjoyed what you're had to say in the past.

Yeah probably, but there are a lot of great drummers out there. Haven't seen you on the board in a while. Welcome back! Always enjoyed what you're had to say in the past.

Thanks! :)

And yes, you're right. There are a lot of really talented drummers out there. I have to admit bias here, of course. But I just can't imagine anyone better than Bonzo.

Thanks! :)

And yes, you're right. There are a lot of really talented drummers out there. I have to admit bias here, of course. But I just can't imagine anyone better than Bonzo.

:wave:

As long as Bonham is #1 its a good list. Bonham is the best fuck the rest.

Kinda weird no Mitch Mitchell I must say though.

Dave Grohl & Ringo do not belong on the list also

Definitely agree there. There are many drummers out there with better chops than those two..

Happy to see Bonzo still #1. The only other note of interest is Ginger Baker way back in the top 10. After publicly slamming Bonzo I'd love to hear what he says now!

Also, if get the chance to see the RUSH documentary on DVD, you will see Neil Peart break his 22" bass drum from playing too hard.

That vid of Jason Bonham doing the Led Zeppelin experience is embarrassing. He should be stripped of his last name. He's not really a good drummer at all.

Any great drummer list, featuring rock drummers, that doesn't include Danny Carey, is a sham.

He has played on more no. 1 hits than any other drummer in history and influenced more drummers than anyone, barring Moon or Baker in the '60's and pre Bonzo.

I would think Benny Benjamin has Ringo "beat" on both counts from the same era, but that's just me.

Archived