Has anyone heard of...

Drei

Has anyone heard of Warehouse Republic?

I like their music and they name LZ as one of their main influences so as a loyal and curious LZ fan I went to see what the fuss was all about - I was blown away and The 100 Club was rammed! Its been so long since I've had butterflies at a gig and although I don't think the LZ influence is obvious I did feel connected to the music and I considered that this was due to my love for LZ... but who knows.

Here's their video for their December release Revolver but for more songs see their website www.warehouserepublic.com

Let me know what you guys think.

Drei

I can hear some LZ in the arrangements....maybe the vocals edge off :):)....overall good band :)

Yep that's what I thought.

It feels good to have some validation sometimes hehe.

I appreciate the input :)

I listened to another song on their website and I liked it better than Revolver......really a good band :):):)

Where are you from?

In London and the UK in general there is a real musical void and a lack of solid mature bands. What do you listen to apart from LZ? :)

Where are you from?

In London and the UK in general there is a real musical void and a lack of solid mature bands. What do you listen to apart from LZ? :)

I'm from Australia, but working in the EU (between Italy-Belgium and sometimes the UK)....I assure you the music is much wimpier in ...say...Italy than the UK, man:):):).....I listen to many kinds of music except disco and commercial dance crap....anything from Elvis to Lights Out with NOTHING wimpy in between:):):)

Lady GaGa list's Led Zeppelin as an influence.....OK, so they liked Led Zeppelin, that's cool but it don't mean that they sound anything like Led Zeppelin. I'm a musician/singer/song writer and hold Led Zeppelin high as a driving force in the music industry but I am my own person and keep great bands like Led Zeppelin (and many other's) as a group that I like but I never try and be like.

Just my option.

I like.

Under Music (which I assume is influences) they list:

The Beatles, Blues, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Robert Johnson, John Mayer, Simon and Garfunkel, The Doors, The Velvet Underground, The Strokes, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holliday, Mozart, , N.W.A. The Rolling Stones

Zeppelin, Simon and Garfunkel, The Strokes, Louis Armstrong, Mozart and NWA.

Gotta love that.

Archived