Will D&C be on the 02 DVD?

snapper

I seriously can't see how this can be on the DVD. To me it seems beyond repair, it's not like it can be fixed with an edit because the song never fully recovers after the trainwreck at 7min.'s 30sec.s, it just fizzles out. My guess is it will be left out but will be included in the full production rehearsal bonus disc (praying).

Funny how nobody in the audience noticed any "trainwreck" at all. And I can't imagine that show without Dazed and Confused, and neither could they, as Robert said when introducing it.

It's Zep live. It'll be on the DVD.

I don't believe they'll release the complete show, BUT I hope so. How could Jimmy fix it?? Maybe with a different camera angle. But hard to imagine.

Hopefully, Jimmy will not overdub so much of the audio. He should put the original audio on it, no repairs like on all the other official live-stuff.

what? what is this? Is my bootleg different or something? Honestly, I understand they messed up but to call it a train wreck is just to far. This is no where near the Live Aid gig where pretty much nothing good happened, to leave out this song (or any of the songs) would be a major mistake.

I seriously can't see how this can be on the DVD. To me it seems beyond repair, it's not like it can be fixed with an edit because the song never fully recovers after the trainwreck at 7min.'s 30sec.s, it just fizzles out. My guess is it will be left out but will be included in the full production rehearsal bonus disc (praying).

Can't see why he would leave anything out. It'll be Zeppelin fans who buy the DVD and all of us know what happened. If anything, the recovery showed just how honest, classy and professional the band really is.

Funny how nobody in the audience noticed any "trainwreck" at all. And I can't imagine that show without Dazed and Confused, and neither could they, as Robert said when introducing it.

It's Zep live. It'll be on the DVD.

Ok. if you say so. Personally, I don't think D&C would have been missed had they not played it. I also doubt it will be on the DVD without edits/inserts of some sort.

Ok. if you say so. Personally, I don't think D&C would have been missed had they not played it. I also doubt it will be on the DVD without edits/inserts of some sort.

It's not if I say so, Plant said so. He said when doing a gig like that, there was one song that had to be included. Then they played it. It was the only song all night he said was essential.

Where does the notion come from that Zeppelin were EVER perfect live? It's no wonder Plant doesn't want to tour again, given the impossible and unrealistic expectations. Personally I think it would be as boring as hell if ANY band played perfectly throughout the show, note for note like the album--where's the risk or excitement in that?--the risk and excitement of improvisation that Zep were always known for.

Can't see why he would leave anything out. It'll be Zeppelin fans who buy the DVD and all of us know what happened.

I've never seen or heard the performance. Bits and pieces here and there, yes but I haven't seen the entire performance.

It's not like they've never made mistakes in concert before.

Exactly! Compared to, say, the amount of fucked up "Kashmir"'s they played in the old days, the 02 D&C screw up pales in comparison. Normally the mistakes leap out at me...I barely noticed the one in D&C (granted, I was higher than a kite the first time I heard the show :P )

I say, put the whole damn show out, warts and all, or don't bother at all. Four or five tunes on a compilation disc featuring all the acts would just be a teaser (not to mention a bit of an insult to the legion of fans who couldn't make the gig)

Exactly! Compared to, say, the amount of fucked up "Kashmir"'s they played in the old days, the 02 D&C screw up pales in comparison. Normally the mistakes leap out at me...I barely noticed the one in D&C (granted, I was higher than a kite the first time I heard the show :P )

I say, put the whole damn show out, warts and all, or don't bother at all.

Should they leave the feedback in too? The show needs some 'fixing' here and there and there's nothing wrong with that.

Example: IMTOD where the drums first come in Page's volume is turned down and misses the first 2 chords, that will be fixed, as it should be.

My problem with Dazed is that the mistake happens at such a crucial part of the song and never seems to fully recover after that. I'd prefer they 'fix it' (if possible) rather than leave it as is.

Obviously it seems to bother me more than others, not trying to cause trouble here.

I've never seen or heard the performance. Bits and pieces here and there, yes but I haven't seen the entire performance.

It's on Youtube. No matter though, in the scheme of things, I think the mistake is a non issue when you look at the show as a whole.

Should they leave the feedback in too? The show needs some 'fixing' here and there and there's nothing wrong with that.

Example: IMTOD where the drums first come in Page's volume is turned down and misses the first 2 chords, that will be fixed, as it should be.

My problem with Dazed is that the mistake happens at such a crucial part of the song and never seems to fully recover after that. I'd prefer they 'fix it' (if possible) rather than leave it as is.

Obviously it seems to bother me more than others, not trying to cause trouble here.

No worries, Snapper...I'm just a 'warts and all' kind of guy. I'm sure every officially released concert DVD/live album has some post production tweaking; the 02 gig will be no exception.

It's not if I say so, Plant said so. He said when doing a gig like that, there was one song that had to be included. Then they played it. It was the only song all night he said was essential.

Where does the notion come from that Zeppelin were EVER perfect live? It's no wonder Plant doesn't want to tour again, given the impossible and unrealistic expectations. Personally I think it would be as boring as hell if ANY band played perfectly throughout the show, note for note like the album--where's the risk or excitement in that?--the risk and excitement of improvisation that Zep were always known for.

Agree to that.I still remember Robert saying this as the only intro.

I don´t have a problem JP taking off feedbacks but whole parts of a song.

He took off Roberts fantastic intro of "How many more times" at the BBC session and the middlepart

during "In my time of dying" (Earls Court).Why ???

These are parts of magic moments.

I absolutly agree with what you said about the live improvisation.

and for this reason do not understand the reason of Jimmies way of producing now.

Sometimes he wants to please everybody I fear.This is not the Zeppower without compromises.

He turned the greatest tube sound of his guitar into a flat one during the BBC session mix.Why ?

This is horror for me.It is as if Russ Meyer would have made a film starring "Paris Hilton".

Personally I think it would be as boring as hell if ANY band played perfectly throughout the show, note for note like the album--where's the risk or excitement in that?--the risk and excitement of improvisation that Zep were always known for.

It's been about fifteen years or so since I last played a gig myself but -as I'm sure any other musician on this board will testify to- I don't think we ever had a show go off 100% perfectly. I don't think anybody does...even a band like The Eagles -notorious for their note-for-note reproductions of the album versions, which is indeed boring as hell- hits a few clams here and there. Bad notes, broken strings, flubbed lyrics, other technical difficulties...it happens to everybody. Sometimes an improvisation can go sideways on the band and leave you all looking like a bunch of idiots. :D Of course, objectivity can be an issue when, after an absolutely crap show, you get members of the audience coming up to you and saying, "You guys were awesome tonight!" Me and the other guys in the band would usually laugh and say, "Actually, we sucked tonight, but thanks anyway!" I don't recall every having any onstage trainwrecks, but I've forgotten my share of lyrics and missed or played a few bad notes on the ol' bass (how McCartney can sing and play those killer basslines at the same time I'll never figure out!)

I mean, we look at a gig like the "Eddie" show as an excellent performance; indeed, it's damn near flawless. For all we know, as soon as Zeppelin got backstage, they were all like, "Man, we totally blew it tonight!" Perfection is in the eye of the beholder. And, quite frankly, I'll take less than perfect over perfection anyday...at least when things go wrong you know you're listening to actual people and not a bunch of backing tracks or something.

They can fix everything up until when they come back in too quiet. Even that they can smooth over. It's digitally multi-tracked, so they can add, subtract and clone parts. The drum fill is there, the guitar is there, the bass, the voice, everything except the return in unison on the main descending riff. Not to mention they may have played this the night before at the rehearsal, and if they did, it was also multi-tracked. The show before the show gives them a second chance on everything that got away the night of the show. I think this is gonna hit somewhere between really good and amazing.

Archived