Will D&C be on the 02 DVD?

snapper

I did.

And it was publicly acknowledged by one of the guys responsible.

That "trainwreck" did happen..

It sounded like a total disaster to you at the time, a real trainwreck? And one of the band agreed with you? As opposed to just acknowledging they made a few mistakes?

Then I must have been at another show with another bunch of people watching a different band. The people around me were still pinching themselves trying to believe they were watching Zeppelin after all these years, OMG Jimmy's got the bow out, not "well, that sucked, try harder with the next one." So it wasn't note-perfect, I didn't meet a single person that night who gave the slightest inkling of a damn. :D

If they don't include it, we all still have our bootlegs - or access to download one - don't we? Plus, an official release with stuff on it that isn't on the copies available currently! It's all good everyone!!! :thumbsup:

Can any of you imagine what it would have been like if there were internet forums such as this during Zep's heyday? Nearly every gig would have been torn to shreds by fans for some perceived error - actual or not. Any magic or mystery would quickly been destroyed by calculated opinions and "rational" viewpoints. Like comedy, one cannot dismantle magic without ruining it.

I imagine it would turn into a major troll-fest with pointless arguments, petty comments and juvenile insults. Oh, wait a minute... :slapface:

Can any of you imagine what it would have been like if there were internet forums such as this during Zep's heyday? Nearly every gig would have been torn to shreds by fans for some perceived error - actual or not. Any magic or mystery would quickly been destroyed by calculated opinions and "rational" viewpoints. Like comedy, one cannot dismantle magic without ruining it.

I imagine it would turn into a major troll-fest with pointless arguments, petty comments and juvenile insults. Oh, wait a minute... :slapface:

You're absolutely right !

The show was fantastic and the DVD will be amazing, no doubt. But, anyone who thinks that Page is going to let that mistake go on the DVD really isn't interested in reality.

A concert you see once, a DVD will be viewed many times over, big difference.

And, that, folks, is why I'm actually kinda glad that they didn't undertake a tour after the 02 gig.

I wonder if people would say even half the things they said online if the Zep guys actually attended here (or any other Zep forum) Just sayin' B)

I usually skip the first two songs (GTBT and Ramble on). Really not at their best. The rest of the show is pretty much spot on.

A lot of that had to do with the sound mix at that point and not their performance.

• 5 weeks later...

I've only recently listened again to the live performance of Albert Hall 1970 where in 'I Can't Quit You Baby' on Coda it is credited as a 'rehearsal' but it's obviously from the concert - the reference to 'Jimmy Page guitar' taken out amongst other things.

As well as the old and new 'Soundtrack from the film the Song Remains the Same' containing many bizarre edits and changes (like the flanging effect on his guitar in Stairway) I would think there will be many 'creative solutions' to Dazed and any other track's requiring adjustment - even though there was only one gig - although didn't they have rehearsals at 02?.

You would have to listen to unofficial & official versions side by side to get the full picture.

Archived