5 Tracks That Robert Plant is Listening To

The Pagemeister

I love that particular photo of Robert. Just Sayin... I got turned on to the Black Keys through Robert and now I have to see them live. And Adele, another singer he raves about. She is amazing. And Arcade Fire also. Great stuff. I have to check out the ones above. I don't know any of them. Listening to regular "radio" is so "mindless". Robert is not just ahead of HIS time but EVERYONE's time at any age!

Robert has better taste in music than some of his fans. At least he's willing to step outside of the box so to speak, and listen to artists/genres that don't necessarily jive with what people think he would like to listen to.

Black Keys, Arcade Fire, Adele.....all amazing.

I remember back in the 80's on MTV, probably around 1983 or 1984, when they'd have certain artists play some of their favorite songs and Robert was one of them. Don't remember the name of the show, but Robert did a good job. I think MTV certainly had their say in this as a lot of the songs were from bands such as Depeche Mode and Duran Duran. Lot of the New Wave artists. Stuff Robert probably liked, but I'm sure he would have liked to include some of the eary blues artists as part of his personal taste. But I guess this didn't fit into MTV's format for the show.

Can anyone provide more info on this?

I listened to Early Spring Till by Nathaniel Rateliff, and it's good but I did not like it; too cynical for me.

Lines In The Sand by Mona sounded good, a little bit like U2 on the vocals.

I've always liked Rumble by Link Wray.

Ticket Taker by Low Anthem was nice.

Home In Your Heart by Solomon Burke is another good, likeable one.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed he likes to listen to Link Wray's The Rumble.

Incidently that is one of Jimmy's favourites too as he talked about it in It Might Get Loud.

I remember reading in the George Case biography, 'Magus Musician Man', that Pagey is a fan of the band KoRn. It did make me giggle a bit tongue.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived