Favorite Led Zeppelin Riff

cheesehead1204

183 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Riff?

for me your question is brilliant

if you are specifying a single not run riff... Trampled Underfoot. 'Tis a beeyatch to play right, it has unique form, is recognizable and a signature to JP. Heartbreaker #2. Good Times Bad Times #3

if I may interject that Page uses chord structure as "riff" as in Kashmir, Black Country Woman, That's The Way et al. #1 for me is Battle of Evermore. Masterful expansion and growth.

Your question cuts to the heart of engine of what draws people to Led Zeppelin.

for me your question is brilliant

if you are specifying a single not run riff... Trampled Underfoot. 'Tis a beeyatch to play right, it has unique form, is recognizable and a signature to JP. Heartbreaker #2. Good Times Bad Times #3

if I may interject that Page uses chord structure as "riff" as in Kashmir, Black Country Woman, That's The Way et al. #1 for me is Battle of Evermore. Masterful expansion and growth.

Your question cuts to the heart of engine of what draws people to Led Zeppelin.

Battle Of Evermore, what an interesting choice ... it's indeed masterfully made, and a very Underrated Piece. Good Choice Mr.knebs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Heartbreaker with WLL in second. I have listened to Heartbreaker for over 30 years and I still always get the hugest grin on my face when it begins because it's just SUCH a loose, fun, cool riff. I will never get tired of hearing that song kick in.

(WLL is my favorite Zeppelin song and my overall favorite rock song; one reason being the bad-ass riff.)

You break my heart, will you marry me?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived