Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
cheesehead1204

Favorite Led Zeppelin Riff

183 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Riff?

for me your question is brilliant

if you are specifying a single not run riff... Trampled Underfoot. 'Tis a beeyatch to play right, it has unique form, is recognizable and a signature to JP. Heartbreaker #2. Good Times Bad Times #3

if I may interject that Page uses chord structure as "riff" as in Kashmir, Black Country Woman, That's The Way et al. #1 for me is Battle of Evermore. Masterful expansion and growth.

Your question cuts to the heart of engine of what draws people to Led Zeppelin.

for me your question is brilliant

if you are specifying a single not run riff... Trampled Underfoot. 'Tis a beeyatch to play right, it has unique form, is recognizable and a signature to JP. Heartbreaker #2. Good Times Bad Times #3

if I may interject that Page uses chord structure as "riff" as in Kashmir, Black Country Woman, That's The Way et al. #1 for me is Battle of Evermore. Masterful expansion and growth.

Your question cuts to the heart of engine of what draws people to Led Zeppelin.

Battle Of Evermore, what an interesting choice ... it's indeed masterfully made, and a very Underrated Piece. Good Choice Mr.knebs.

Black Dog riff written by John Paul Jones; Who would have thought!

Never under-estimate the riff monster that JPJ is!

voted kashmir. apart from ocean,whole lotta & heartbreaker, the rover too has an awesome riff that plays through out the song.

I voted for The Ocean, but I'll probably change my mind in the future. ><

The Lack of 'The Rover' on that list intrigues me.

Gonna have to go with Either 'Heartbreaker', 'Whole Lotta Love' or 'The Ocean'

There are just too many good riffs to choose from.

I guess The Rover is covered by the "Other" bracket.

In My Time Of Dying has a pretty decent riff too...it was stuck in my head this morning.

Heartbreaker with WLL in second. I have listened to Heartbreaker for over 30 years and I still always get the hugest grin on my face when it begins because it's just SUCH a loose, fun, cool riff. I will never get tired of hearing that song kick in.

(WLL is my favorite Zeppelin song and my overall favorite rock song; one reason being the bad-ass riff.)

You break my heart, will you marry me?

This was a tough one! I love the Black Dog riff,and of course Kashmir is epic.

All that being said, I went with Custard Pie, it's just such a fun song!

My vote is other, as in: Hot's on for Nowhere. Not only my favorite riff but a damn hard one to master...probably his most difficult riff IMO.

So many great riffs, hard to pick one, but I went with Whole Lotta Love. It is an iconic riff that shook the world, one of the best known guitar riffs of all time.