CBS Yanks Two And A Half Men

Jahfin

From the L.A. Times:

CBS and Warner Bros. have announced that they are cancelling production of the hit sitcom “Two and a Half Men” for at least the rest of the season after star Charlie Sheen trashed the show’s executive producer in his latest radio interview. The show had been on production hiatus since late last month after Sheen entered rehab.

Earlier Thursday, Sheen called in to "The Alex Jones Show" radio program and took a shot at Alcoholics Anonymous and Chuck Lorre, the co-creator of his hit show.

Audio Clip of Charlie Sheen's comments...

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_audio/022411_sheen.mp3

I've never particularly actively disliked Charlie Sheen before, I even like movies like Major League.

But after listening to this audio, I have to admit he truly is a flaming prick, the absolute worst kind of Hollywood asshat that takes theirself entirely way too seriously.

All the war references - because he's been in some war movies??? Really??? - and insulting people's wives and kids, and people of religion in general, confirm he's a useless piece of shit who will undoubtedly wind up with his alcohol- and drug-soaked remains either scattered amidst the twisted metal of a DUI car wreck (hopefully not taking anyone else out with him), or slumped in a lifeless heap on a random hotel bed or bathroom floor.

I usually couldn't care less about Hollywood types until they go out of their way to be assholes, but he is going over and above the usual offensive bullshit to reveal what a clueless pantload he really is.

And believe me, it's not "hating on him" for his success.

I'm a firm believer in capitalism, and getting paid all you can if you can do it.

I just have a problem with an idiot who gets paid so much to do not a whole lot (acting) and then draws the conclusion that because he gets paid a lot, he suddenly is more important than the average guy on the street, and even worse, when they spout their pseudo-intellectual, horse shit opinions and remarks (phrases like "un-evolved mind/mentality" make me want to puke) as though they exist on a totally different plane of intelligence and awareness.

Fuck off, Charlie Sheen, you crossed the line from annoying to offensive.

And a year or two from now when you're on your "kiss and make up" media tour telling the world how misunderstood you are, and how tough it's been for ya, and you really are a good guy, and all the charity shit you do, you know what... you can fuck off then, too.

From the L.A. Times:

CBS and Warner Bros. have announced that they are cancelling production of the hit sitcom "Two and a Half Men" for at least the rest of the season after star Charlie Sheen trashed the show's executive producer in his latest radio interview. The show had been on production hiatus since late last month after Sheen entered rehab.

Earlier Thursday, Sheen called in to "The Alex Jones Show" radio program and took a shot at Alcoholics Anonymous and Chuck Lorre, the co-creator of his hit show.

Well we could see this coming with Charlies recent shananagans. too bad. Great show.

The script writing in the first few seasons of "Two and a Half Men" was phenomenal. It's now just a shadow of itself. I thought it was kind of humorous when Charlie showed up on the set and no one else was there. Who else could play themselves for a million bucks an episode ?

If it wasn't for Sheen and Lohan, who would Letterman have to talk about ?

I've never been a big fan but he seems to be in trouble right now and I hope he will get help. It's reminiscent of what was going on with Britney Spears a few years ago. Hopefully he will get help, for his kids' sake at least.

And hopefully Christina Aguillera will nip whatever's going on with her in the bud, too. She is far too talented; I hate to see her go down that road. :(

Sheen may be alot of things. Stupid is not one of them. I just have to believe he is totally aware of the outfall of his actions. Maybe the booze and drugs have more of a grip on him than many believe. I mean, binging is one thing. But if you are truly addicted,, its tougher to walk away from it. As for the playboy lifestyle, he is not going to change that anytime soon. And he may have burned his bridges with not only the network, but many of his fans and some in Hollywood too I am sure.

Sheen may be alot of things. Stupid is not one of them. I just have to believe he is totally aware of the outfall of his actions. Maybe the booze and drugs have more of a grip on him than many believe. I mean, binging is one thing. But if you are truly addicted,, its tougher to walk away from it. As for the playboy lifestyle, he is not going to change that anytime soon. And he may have burned his bridges with not only the network, but many of his fans and some in Hollywood too I am sure.

He's got his limits. He realizes that he can handle non-opinionated goddesses easier than aggravating wives. And he needs to stay calm, so he chooses relationships that inspire trust, the smooth sailing kind. He has a short fuse around women, so he's better off with those who are skilled at keeping him relaxed. Much easier on the hernia.

I've never been a big fan but he seems to be in trouble right now and I hope he will get help. It's reminiscent of what was going on with Britney Spears a few years ago. Hopefully he will get help, for his kids' sake at least.

And hopefully Christina Aguillera will nip whatever's going on with her in the bud, too. She is far too talented; I hate to see her go down that road. :(

I agree with you, Virginia.

I have never understood why people watch that show.

Charlie does not set a good example in life or in the show in his treatment of women as sex objects.

I think that his recent behavior is borderlining on mental illness, i.e. mania. Will the depression follow soon?

It is too bad that people are encouraging him by watching all of his interviews and following him on twitter just to see what outrageous thing he is going to say or do next.

If something really bad happens to him, then the public, press and media will be partially to blame for encouraging his escalating bizarre behavior.

I hope that he will recognize that he needs help, and accept it. But the way things are going now with the media essentially rewarding him with all of the attention for his crazy rantings, he probably thinks that he doesn't need it, and will continue until something drastic happens. You would have thought that having his show cancelled would be the stimulus to wake him up to recognize his problems.

I agree with you, Virginia.

I have never understood why people watch that show.

I first started watching it because I thought it was funny. It also pushed the envelope as far as innuendo. I'm still amazed at what they got away with. I'm guessing a lot of that had to do with having to compete with cable where there is no restriction on language.

Charlie does not set a good example in life or in the show in his treatment of women as sex objects.

For one, people shouldn't be looking for TV characters to set good examples or serve as role matters to start with. Secondly, I look at his TV character (where he's pretty much playing himself anyway) the same way I looked at Archie Bunker on All in the Family. In the end it's up to the viewer to decide but Archie Bunker was never meant to be a role model either. His character was clearly written so that most viewers could tell that he was making an ass of himself, mainly by way of his bigotry. The "Charlie" character on Two And A Half Men is written the same way except applied to his treatment of women. If anyone gets anything out of his character on that show it only means they haven't been paying attention.

For one, people shouldn't be looking for TV characters to set good examples or serve as role matters to start with. Secondly, I look at his TV character (where he's pretty much playing himself anyway) the same way I looked at Archie Bunker on All in the Family. In the end it's up to the viewer to decide but Archie Bunker was never meant to be a role model either. His character was clearly written so that most viewers could tell that he was making an ass of himself, mainly by way of his bigotry. The "Charlie" character on Two And A Half Men is written the same way except applied to his treatment of women. If anyone gets anything out of his character on that show it only means they haven't been paying attention.

Hi Jahfin,

There are alot of young kids that watch this show including the re-runs. You can imagine kids who don't have a good male role model around to teach them the proper way to treat women and they grow up thinking that this is how all men act toward women. They don't know anything different. Adults who have "learned" different behavior know that this show is not portraying the usual way that men and women interact, ala the Archie Bunker reference. But due to the show having the young boy in it who is observing his dad and Charlie interacting with women, then this show does indeed influence young people. I personally am glad that it has been shut down. No offense meant to those who like it.

Hi Jahfin,

There are alot of young kids that watch this show including the re-runs. You can imagine kids who don't have a good male role model around to teach them the proper way to treat women and they grow up thinking that this is how all men act toward women. They don't know anything different. Adults who have "learned" different behavior know that this show is not portraying the usual way that men and women interact, ala the Archie Bunker reference. But due to the show having the young boy in it who is observing his dad and Charlie interacting with women, then this show does indeed influence young people. I personally am glad that it has been shut down. No offense meant to those who like it.

By the same token, does Bart Simpson represent a good "role model"? There are also tons more shows that portray men as assholes, should they also be shut down?

Good lord, it's a TV show. If you think TV is supposed to present positive role models and influences on young people, you're cracked. Parents, teachers.....they're supposed to be the positive influences on a kid's life, not some jackass repeating memorized lines on the magic talking picture box. If your kids are getting their ideas, opinions, and attitudes from television, you're doing a piss-poor job as a parent, and that's not the fault of the execs who put the shows on the air in the first place.

I've never seen an episode of Two and a Half Men, but it doesn't sound any more stupid than any other piece of crap program on network TV nowadays.

Good lord, it's a TV show. If you think TV is supposed to present positive role models and influences on young people, you're cracked. Parents, teachers.....they're supposed to be the positive influences on a kid's life, not some jackass repeating memorized lines on the magic talking picture box. If your kids are getting their ideas, opinions, and attitudes from television, you're doing a piss-poor job as a parent, and that's not the fault of the execs who put the shows on the air in the first place.

I've never seen an episode of Two and a Half Men, but it doesn't sound any more stupid than any other piece of crap program on network TV nowadays.

Agree with the first part of your post Liz but you should watch it once. It really is a great show.

I view "Two And A Half Men" as just another comedy show to watch with my family, for a couple of laughs. I do not consider Charlie Sheen or anyother hot shot celebrity as a role model. The very concept of a role model, to me, depicts someone known to you on a very personal level and the fact that you respect and admire that person for some reason. A good example in my book, can be a family member. I don't believe in role models, but, in my life, I think my mom fits the bill, perfectly.

I think it is rather silly to except celebrities to portray themselves as "models of good behaviour". This whole role model situation, reminds me of the time people thought that Tiger Woods is "the perfect family man". He lost quite a few of his endorsement deals because his "behaviour" proved otherwise.

I did wonder though, why the entire show had to come to a grinding halt just because Charlie Sheen was experiencing a rather dark and ummm...eccentric phase in his life. I guess replacing Charlie Sheen with another actor is difficult in terms of "audience acceptance"? Oh well! But I think it's only fair that Sheen was fired from the show. Afterall, I think it is right to say that most non celebrity mortals on planet earth, in the midst of an extremely competitive job market, are rarely given that rather "coveted" second chance, if they pretty much "screw-up" big time while on the job!

Archived