Lemmy On Hip-Hop

zepps_apprentice

Beatstreetposter.jpg

Cool stuff IMHO! B)

I have the soundtrack on vinyl. It used to belong to my sister, she bought it after we rented the film back in the eighties.

Same with this film too.

breakdance_the_movie_84.jpg

Lemmy on speed metal

They think that being fast and loud is the whole thing and it isn't. The guitar solos are not really difficult for a guitar player, it's just playing scales. To feel a solo and bend into it... I mean Hendrix is the best guitarist you've ever seen in your life. And he learned from people like Buddy Guy, Lightnin' Hopkins and people like that inspired Hendrix. To be influenced by something, you're gonna have to play it the same. And these guys are influenced by us, but I don't feel any kinship with them. Cause theirs is vastly inferior to ours.

How very un PC of Lemmy to actually speak his mind and give his honest opinion about something. Tsk tsk Lemmy, that'll never do. Have your people call me people for instructions about this. If you're a white rock musician you either have to:

1. Say nothing if you don't like hip hop and think it's not legitimate. Or change the subject when asked.

2. Say something about poetry and how it's the cutting edge of "musical and social expression". People will then praise you for being open minded and progressive.

3. Try to incorporate hip hop into your own music. People won't like it but they'll all say you're just trying to adapt to modern culture and give you props anyway. You'll also be a nice guy by doing this.

The name of this instuctional manual is "How To Survive as a Musician in a Morally Bankrupt Junk Culture".

Lemmy, I just posted this for your own good. Really!

How ridiculous. No really, you ought to be ashamed. What does the fact he's white have to do with anything? What does anyone's race have to do with anything?

How very un PC of Lemmy to actually speak his mind and give his honest opinion about something. Tsk tsk Lemmy, that'll never do. Have your people call me people for instructions about this. If you're a white rock musician you either have to:

1. Say nothing if you don't like hip hop and think it's not legitimate. Or change the subject when asked.

2. Say something about poetry and how it's the cutting edge of "musical and social expression". People will then praise you for being open minded and progressive.

3. Try to incorporate hip hop into your own music. People won't like it but they'll all say you're just trying to adapt to modern culture and give you props anyway. You'll also be a nice guy by doing this.

The name of this instuctional manual is "How To Survive as a Musician in a Morally Bankrupt Junk Culture".

Lemmy, I just posted this for your own good. Really!

Wow, one of the more retarded (and bigoted) posts I've seen on the board in a while (excluding the O2 DVD thread in the news section.)

Massive generalistaion there don't you think? Just because someone plays rock music doesn't mean they can't/don't listen to rap and hip hop. How about you take some time and listen to some of the tracks posted in this thread? You will see that some of the lyrics are very deep and very well written. But then I suppose you're a 'white rock musician'.

Rap has a foundation in rhythm and blues, which is traditionally rooted in African origins, and the blues are as well. I guess that's life. Rap is thought to have originated from disco. Disco is thought to have begun with the Iceman Jerry Butler's "Only The Strong Survive" (also recorded by Elvis Presley). Following that logic, maybe you can blame rap on Jerry Butler.

Wow, one of the more retarded (and bigoted) posts I've seen on the board in a while (excluding the O2 DVD thread in the news section.)

Massive generalistaion there don't you think? Just because someone plays rock music doesn't mean they can't/don't listen to rap and hip hop. How about you take some time and listen to some of the tracks posted in this thread? You will see that some of the lyrics are very deep and very well written. But then I suppose you're a 'white rock musician'.

In regards to the topic I disadree with Lemmy and to your post you're right although I remember past threads that dealt with rap and punk having a lot more people that didn't regard them as real music or lower forms of music, what happened? BTW at another forum I post at theobelisk.net being focused on stoner rock (some people don't like that term it's really just hard/heavy rock) had a recent discussion on rap and the thread went onto 2 pages with people recommending and discussing current (indie) rap and only one person partly dissing the genre, just an observation.

Archived