Physical graffiti wrong side 2

debs

My husband's copy of Physical Graffiti has got Dazed and Confused on side 2 instead of the listed tracks. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

Is it possible you are looking at side two of "The Song Remains the Same?"

I only ask because that had "Dazed and Confused" for the entire side two.

Both double albums were on the Swan Song label as well.

I discovered a few "wrong" albums in my own collection this way.

Just a thought. If it's actually from his PG set, I agree with everyone that you may have something pretty rare there.......missy

How would one go about finding out the value of something like that?

Try to find someone online that also collects Zeppelin records and/or go to a record collector. The second one is easier said than done because vinyl isn't the commodity it once was but it's still worth a shot. When my parents died I inherited their record collection. I wanted to keep it but it was just too many (especially considering I already had close to 1000 albums of my own). Plus, there was a lot of stuff I just wasn't that interested in but figured others of their age group might want so I was willing to part with a good chunk of it. I began doing some research and found the ones that are usually worth the most money are the misprints. So, no telling how much this might bring. On the other hand, if it's a fairly common misprint (not very likely) then it obviously wouldn't be worth as much.

• 2 months later...

Try to find someone online that also collects Zeppelin records and/or go to a record collector. The second one is easier said than done because vinyl isn't the commodity it once was but it's still worth a shot. When my parents died I inherited their record collection. I wanted to keep it but it was just too many (especially considering I already had close to 1000 albums of my own). Plus, there was a lot of stuff I just wasn't that interested in but figured others of their age group might want so I was willing to part with a good chunk of it. I began doing some research and found the ones that are usually worth the most money are the misprints. So, no telling how much this might bring. On the other hand, if it's a fairly common misprint (not very likely) then it obviously wouldn't be worth as much.

Your wrong matey, Vinyl is worth more now than ever, Especially if thier U.K first pressings, Only three weeks ago i sold a VG + copy of Physical Grafitti for £87.00 on Ebay...For a NR MINT copy i would have expected to get £185.00 and above, Vinyl is making a come back for the simple reason its a far more superior sound than digital sound, Even insurance companies are offering insurance for these rare treasures on 1st U.K pressings and of course certain 1st U.S pressings

My husband's copy of Physical Graffiti has got Dazed and Confused on side 2 instead of the listed tracks. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

Hi Debs, Your copy of Physical graffiti is probably worth £200 + if its in decent condition, I mean EX - NR MINT, Also have a look at the text on the spine if its got a red text then its a U.K 1st pressing these fetch about £200.00 without the mispressing, So with it being a mispressing....Who knows????

So just out of interest let me know :)

Hi Debs, Your copy of Physical graffiti is probably worth £200 + if its in decent condition, I mean EX - NR MINT, Also have a look at the text on the spine if its got a red text then its a U.K 1st pressing these fetch about £200.00 without the mispressing, So with it being a mispressing....Who knows????

So just out of interest let me know :)

Here is a link you may find it on here http://en.allexperts.com/q/Led-Zeppelin-501/indexExp_17282.htm

Your wrong matey, Vinyl is worth more now than ever, Especially if thier U.K first pressings, Only three weeks ago i sold a VG + copy of Physical Grafitti for £87.00 on Ebay...For a NR MINT copy i would have expected to get £185.00 and above, Vinyl is making a come back for the simple reason its a far more superior sound than digital sound, Even insurance companies are offering insurance for these rare treasures on 1st U.K pressings and of course certain 1st U.S pressings

The worth of used vinyl records hasn't suddenly gone up. If it's a rare printing, misprint, 1st pressing or a sought after title that's in mint condition it's going to be worth more but this isn't anything different than what I experienced when having accessing the value of my parents' record collection in the late 90s.

And yes, vinyl has made a comeback over the past few years but it's still miniscule compared to digital downloads and compact disc sales. The increased popularity of vinyl hasn't suddenly caused old vinyl records to be worth more. Check any record collecting site and you're soon learn that the price of vinyl (U.K. pressings or otherwise) haven't suddenly increased in value. Check this site for more information.

• 8 years later...

Archived