Next sounboard release

pujols05

A show that was terrible was Milan, Italy 1971 (look it up on ledzeppelin.com).

I know what happened surrounding that show with the police etc.

You can't deny that Tempe was a terrible show, you can tell that Page is so out of it.

Madison Square Garden, 9-3-71. There is a soundboard recording from Orlando (3 days prior) and also from Toronto (the very next day), as well as Hampton, VA (9-7)

So...I can only assume that they recorded NY too. Wonder where that tape is......it's a killer show

I'd like to see either:

Brussels or Rotterdam '75

-or-

Los Angeles '77 (21st, 23rd, or 27th).

The 27th is probably the longest of the 1977 tour but certainly not the best. The performance was a bit off. I'd rather see the 25th released, which is a much better show and includes Communication Breakdown.

The 27th is probably the longest of the 1977 tour but certainly not the best. The performance was a bit off. I'd rather see the 25th released, which is a much better show and includes Communication Breakdown.

I could agree to that. :)

Personally for LA '77 I'd rather have the 22nd or the 26th since there aren't really any decent recordings out there and they are both great shows to boot. The 30/5 Landover show would also be nice, and I'd say it exists because of the release of the 26th and 28th shows.

• 5 months later...

I'd jizz if anyone found a soundboard for Bath 1970, Pontiac '77, 4/1/77, or anything else from 68, especially (though it will probably never happen) 9/7/68. Also would love to see ones for 8/21 and 8/22/1971 and 3/27/70

Apart from the usual suspects(Bath 70, LA 77), here are the shows I'd love to see a soundboard for:

1. March 12, 1975 Long Beach...One of the needs for a soundboard is if there's no audience tape, or the audience is of poor quality. Case in point, 3-12 Long Beach...Mike Millard was in a car wreck and late getting to the show so all we have is a horrid, bass heavy tape. But I'm telling you, I was at this concert and it SMOKED! We have had soundboard release of 3-11 Long Beach, which already had a fine Millard tape...what we REALLY need is the 3-12 SBD to come out! Please, whoever is hoarding this, make a deal with someone and let it out before I die.

2. July 20, 1973...pandemonium on and off stage at this show. The audience tape sounds like it was taped in the rafters; would be nice to have the sbd to this searing show.

3. Sept. 19, 1970 Madison Square Garden...both afternoon and evening concerts, but mainly for the evening show. A great moment in Led Zeppelin's concert history.

4. June 25, 1972 LA Forum...since Jimmy botched HTWWW, it'd be nice to have the complete unadulterated show and be able to hear Louie Louie and Thank You clearly.

5. May 3 1971 Copenhagen...Just the fact that it's a 1971 concert is enough of a reason, as 1971 was a great touring year for the band. But if you need another reason, just look at the setlist!

6. Sept. 14, 1971 Berkeley, CA...another great 1971 show, and it would be nice to have the COMPLETE show instead of the butchered audience tape; which the knucklehead who taped the show threw in the ocean. Allegedly.

Ocean as in the crowd or the actual sea?

If it's the story I'm thinking of, the taper/bootlegger was paranoid he was about to be busted, so he literally threw all the 'evidence' -his tapes and record pressing stampers- into the Pacific. The story can be found in Clinton Heylin's classic book "Bootleg".

I personally am still holding out for a soundboard to appear of one of the 'missing seven' 1977 shows (Dallas/Minneapolis/St Paul/St Louis/Indianapolis/Baton Rouge/Greensboro)...

Sorry off topic a little the next will most likley be a 1975 but a couple sdb jewels I would love to see surface:

The complete Toronto Sept 4, 71, Montreux Aug-08-09, 71, Montreux Oct-28-29, 72 and while we are it how about London Wembley Nov 20-21, 71

Archived