Next sounboard release

pujols05

I believe that 21-03-75 will be released somewhere in the foreseeable future. Someone mentioned it down at the RO forum.

My guess is that its being held back because those who have it know its the most wanted of the 75 shows. The release pattern so far certainly seems to hint that to me as we've conistantly gotten the less interesting of two or more shows from the same venue released, Vancouver, San Deigo and now Seattle.

When interest in releases of more bog standard 75 dates starts to decline I'd guess we'll see more of these more desire shows surface.

My guess is that its being held back because those who have it know its the most wanted of the 75 shows. The release pattern so far certainly seems to hint that to me as we've conistantly gotten the less interesting of two or more shows from the same venue released, Vancouver, San Deigo and now Seattle.

Don't forget Long Beach...we got the sbd for the 11th and not the more interesting 12th.

Meanwhile, I just noticed my wish list of Soundboards was somehow cut off in the process of posting, getting cut at #6. So here are the missing #'s 7-10:

7. Any 1968 shows...particularly the Marquee Club show! Jimmy with his early Dragon Tele and Rickenbacker amp setup in sbd quality would be heaven to my ears!

8. Nov. 20-21, 1971...the Electric Magic shows at the Empire Pool Wembley. Considering all the bells and whistles and elaborate plans and poster for the show, this concert is strangely undocumented. What with all the animals and sideshow acts, this could have been Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll Circus"...why wasn't it filmed? Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!

9. Chicago 1975...or any early 1975 show where Wanton Song, Levee and HMMT was still in the setlist. Considering how great Bonham's Vistalite drumkit sounds on the '75 soundboards, just to hear Bonzo on Levee alone would be worth the cost.

10. Sept. 4 1970 Los Angeles...No, NOT the LA Forum "Blueberry Hill" show, though that would be sweet. Instead, I am talking about the famous jam with Fairport Convention at the Troubadour club, later that night after the LA Forum concert.

Dear Santa

I've been a good boy this year, and I would like these for xmas please:

19.9.70 MSG evening show

19.6.72 Seattle (AWESOME, this is the one where they play Dancing Days TWICE, lol)

Any Chicago 75 featuring WTLB

Thank you, Santa!

Major Major

PS: You will need to pop down Jimmy Page's chimney first to grab them.

Seattle would be The Holy Grail. I would love to hear those backing vocals on Money (That's What I Want) in soundboard quality.

PS: Your PS is extremely funny :)

I can't believe nobody's "requested" Reykjavik 1970! There's B&W 16MM film so I'm gonna guess there's a board tape & more footage in the vault (or someones closet)...

That's only news footage, not professional footage, its probably the original audio, and that might be all that was filmed aside from off stage shots taken by the same news crew.

2. July 20, 1973...pandemonium on and off stage at this show. The audience tape sounds like it was taped in the rafters; would be nice to have the sbd to this searing show.

3. Sept. 19, 1970 Madison Square Garden...both afternoon and evening concerts, but mainly for the evening show. A great moment in Led Zeppelin's concert history.

4. June 25, 1972 LA Forum...since Jimmy botched HTWWW, it'd be nice to have the complete unadulterated show and be able to hear Louie Louie and Thank You clearly.

5. May 3 1971 Copenhagen...Just the fact that it's a 1971 concert is enough of a reason, as 1971 was a great touring year for the band. But if you need another reason, just look at the setlist!

6. Sept. 14, 1971 Berkeley, CA...another great 1971 show, and it would be nice to have the COMPLETE show instead of the butchered audience tape; which the knucklehead who taped the show threw in the ocean. Allegedly.

Agree with all of these and yeah, the complete Berkeley would be brilliant. Just for the crowd, I'd take a great aud recording of that Boston 73 gig too :yesnod: .

Apart from the usual suspects(Bath 70, LA 77), here are the shows I'd love to see a soundboard for:

1. March 12, 1975 Long Beach...One of the needs for a soundboard is if there's no audience tape, or the audience is of poor quality. Case in point, 3-12 Long Beach...Mike Millard was in a car wreck and late getting to the show so all we have is a horrid, bass heavy tape. But I'm telling you, I was at this concert and it SMOKED! We have had soundboard release of 3-11 Long Beach, which already had a fine Millard tape...what we REALLY need is the 3-12 SBD to come out! Please, whoever is hoarding this, make a deal with someone and let it out before I die.

[snip]

3. Sept. 19, 1970 Madison Square Garden...both afternoon and evening concerts, but mainly for the evening show. A great moment in Led Zeppelin's concert history.

4. June 25, 1972 LA Forum...since Jimmy botched HTWWW, it'd be nice to have the complete unadulterated show and be able to hear Louie Louie and Thank You clearly.

5. May 3 1971 Copenhagen...Just the fact that it's a 1971 concert is enough of a reason, as 1971 was a great touring year for the band. But if you need another reason, just look at the setlist!

6. Sept. 14, 1971 Berkeley, CA...another great 1971 show, and it would be nice to have the COMPLETE show instead of the butchered audience tape; which the knucklehead who taped the show threw in the ocean. Allegedly.

Agree with these - great picks! Personally, I would swap out your #2 for 9-29-71 (or maybe 9-23).

• 2 weeks later...

It would be BEYOND amazing if someone found the full recording of their July 5(?) '71 show in Milan where they got gassed off stage. It's even more unlkely that they'd find the soundboard for this, though, because all that exists are 3 songs from the audience.

It would be BEYOND amazing if someone found the full recording of their July 5(?) '71 show in Milan where they got gassed off stage. It's even more unlkely that they'd find the soundboard for this, though, because all that exists are 3 songs from the audience.

Considering how chaotic that Milan gig was, we can probably count ourselves lucky we have that three song snippet, given the circumstances...mind ya, there's at least three audience sources of the rained out Tampa '77 gig, so y'never know...

• 1 year later...

Archived