JIMMY PAGE TO VISIT JAPAN

The Land of the Rising Sun welcomes Jimmy Page!

Jimmy Page is to appear as special guest on a Japanese talk show to promote the opening of Swinging London 50's-60s exhibit.

This event will be held in Nagasaki, Japan on April 3rd 2011.

The dedicated and beautiful Kumiko Shimizu contributed to this report.

Link to my original announcement of this exhibition in September 2010:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/14502-announcing-swinging-london-page-exhibition-in-japan/page__p__485167__hl__reeves__fromsearch__1#entry485167

SWINGING LONDON: 50's-60's - Design and Culture Revolution

Okazaki Mindspace Museum

Aichi, Japan

January 29th to March 21st 2011

http://www.city.okazaki.aichi.jp/museum/bihaku/top.html

The catalog is on sale now:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B9%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A3%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AE%E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%83%AD%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3%83%B3-50%E2%80%99s-60%E2%80%99s-%E3%82%B9%E3%83%81%E3%83%A5%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%BB%E3%83%87%E3%83%A5%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88/dp/4340027154/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

Many pictures here:

http://zoso.jp/swinging/london.html

Michael Whiteway and his wife (who is Japanese) apparently married at Jimmy's house about 30 years ago. The Whiteway's are still friends with Jimmy and Charlotte Martin. Charlotte is reportedly contributing clothes and jewelry to this exhibition. Scarlet Page and Hanako Whiteway (daughter of the Whiteways and a fashion photographer) are among the organizers.

Link to Haslam and Whiteway:

http://www.haslamandwhiteway.com/exhibitions_museums.php

Anyone seeking further information, tickets, or to purchase the books may contact me and I will endeavor to be of assistance.

Velvet-Jacket1969.jpg

Crushed Velvet Suit Tailored for Jimmy Page by Paul Reeves (1969)

Courtesy Jimmy Page Collection

Perhaps for the same reason they no longer wear platform shoes: they are simply not in style any longer.

Thanks for this info.

Can not agree on that anyhow.I thought Zep was an innovator not only for music.Page always wanted to acchieve audiovisuell effects.

I wonder if he would be considered to be out of fashion if he would still wear his great dragon outfit.

Unfortunally his common outfit fits together with his less creativity during the last years.

But it is the same thing that seem to happen to most of the old rockheroes.

Thanks for this info. Can not agree on that anyhow. I thought Zep was an innovator not only for music. Page always wanted to achieve audio visuell effects. I wonder if he would be considered to be out of fashion if he would still wear his great dragon outfit. Unfortunally his common outfit fits together with his less creativity during the last years. But it is the same thing that seem to happen to most of the old rock heroes.

The dragon suits were very much a product of their time. If he wore one now he'd look ridiculous, but I thought he looked great at the 02 and also in ruffles when he visited Japan to promote the release of Mothership a few weeks later.

pageplant02arena.jpg

Perhaps for the same reason they no longer wear platform shoes: they are simply not in style any longer.

I was teasing of course. Sadly, it doesn't look as if the dandier aspects of male fashion are anywhere near making a comeback. Look how Tom Brady gets ridiculed just for having long hair. Cheers to Jimmy for being able to carry off the ruffled shirt though.

EARTHQUAKE! IS JIMMY OK?

They always said those new Marshall amps would rock the place more than those old Orange's.

How many stacks do you suppose he cranked up for an 8.9mag earthquake ?

Surely he was only expecting a wall of sound, not of water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's been a horrific earthquake, which I think deserves more than "Is Jimmy OK?" He's not even due there till April, according to what Steve posted.

My thoughts go out to everyone in Japan, and of course all our Zep friends.

This IS the Jimmy Page going to Japan thread. He's not there yet, so what should someone say ?

"Are Jimmy's travel plans still OK ?"

That's MORE and a bit more pertinent.

There's a special earthquake/tsunami thread for condolences.

I'm sure your thoughts are doing a great deal in the land of the rising sun. If you've got a hankerin' or better yet, a yen to help, send them some money.

This IS the Jimmy Page going to Japan thread. He's not there yet, so what should someone say ?

"Are Jimmy's travel plans still OK ?"

That's MORE and a bit more pertinent.

There's a special earthquake/tsunami thread for condolences.

I'm sure your thoughts are doing a great deal in the land of the rising sun. If you've got a hankerin' or better yet, a yen to help, send them some money.

Well, hello again. :rolleyes:

I don't think he'll be going there now.

On March 11 Yokota Air Base was reported to be providing assistance to commercial aircraft coming into Japan while Narita Airport is shut down. The Taiyo Community Center at Yokota Air Base has been turned into a shelter until people can depart. Air Force personnel expected to move passengers on their way again within 24 hours of their arrival at Yokota Air Base. Narita Airport is approximately a 2 hour drive from the base. Today, limited air traffic was reported to have resumed at Narita International Airport. He should directly contact the airline to check his flight status before he departs for the airport.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yokota.af.mil/ Yokota Air Base Photos

yokota.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123246464 Questions About The Earthquake Response?

Q2. How can people confirm the status of a diverted flight?

A2. For more information on flights in and out of Narita International Airport, visit their official website at: www.narita-airport.jp/en.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q12. Has airline transportation to Japan stopped?

A12. Flights have resumed to and from Japanese airports. Flights were never stopped at Yokota.

Notice: Influence on Narita International Airport from the Earthquakes

spacer.gif[As of March 12th at 3:30am]

[About Terminal Buildings]Passengers need to stay at Terminal that have been confirmed to be safe.

[About Flights]Please directly contact airlines.

[About Public Transportation]All railway company resumed their service from/to Narita Airport.

For more information, please check the information provided by each railway company. Airport staffs are in place where passengers stay. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask them for help.Please stay calm and listen to airport staffs carefully.We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huyPEueDYjE

It's a two hour drive under normal circumstances but last night a routine fifteen minute drive thru Tokyo was three hours.

Due to the circumstances, I'm surprised it was just three hours. Be better off walking.

JapanQuake.jpg

Take Me For A Little While (Coverdale/Page)

Now my days are growing cold,

All the memories unfold

Thinking 'bout the friends we lost,

Wondering how to count the cost,

Now my days are growing cold

I can hardly wait any longer,

Now the feeling's growing stronger

Thinking 'bout the times we had,

Good times always turn into bad,

Why don't you take me for a little while,

Sing me songs you know will make me smile

Why don't you take me for a little while

As I watch the rising sun,

I see a new day just begun

Thinking 'bout the sacrifice,

Wondering how to pay the price,

Now my world is growing cold

Why don't you take me for a little while

So now my days are growing cold,

All my memories been told

Thinking 'bout the dreams we lost,

Wondering how to count the cost

Sing me songs you know will make me smile.

Make me smile...

Sing me songs you know will make me make me

Somebody take me, take me, won't you make me smile...

Archived