Japan hit by 8.9 earthquake

Rock N' Rollin' Man

Hi Cecil,all,

Has anyone got any thoughts on the media coverage ....

As with any disaster/tragedy a LOT of rumor,miss information,both from the press and the 'officials',IMVHO.

Many years ago the Japanese protested the US Navy about nuclear warships and weapons aboard their ships.It was then even more surprising that Japan was building nuclear power plants.Yet, an industrial giant like Japan,had no other choice,....

KB

Has anyone got any thoughts on the media coverage ....

Over 15,000 dead or missing yet I've seen only two bodies depicted in the press. Sometimes the gruesome reality of life on this planet should be presented as it really is lest people continue to put their blind faith in politicians and false prohets.

Hi all,

Over 15,000 dead or missing yet I've seen only two bodies depicted in the press. Sometimes the gruesome reality of life on this planet should be presented as it really is lest people continue to put their blind faith in politicians and false prohets.

Well said Steve,er Mr. Jones. :) An ongoing problem of the fourth estate.

KB

I'd raTHER trust 1000000 ratlesnakes than half a rotten politician:):):):)

ditto:)

Disco music was conceived when Disco Duck hit the scenes in '76......I'm not denying that.....BUT this INfamous "genre" dragged on till the mid 80s and over....all the so-called "dance music" (what a MORONIC word:)) was still influenced by that sterile crappy tune born in the 70s...alright now?? Get yer ballistics down...it's only DEBATING here, not chronological jargon:)

Bye.

• 2 weeks later...

World Official: Japan won't abandon nukes despite crisis

even though" experts estimate there is a 90 percent chance that a quake with a magnitude of 8.0 or higher will strike the region within 30 years"

:o

... but this is probably why:

Tokyo stocks fall amid worries over power shortage, strong yen

Sad but true: Money = Death.

So ... why do so many still want to work for Money? :slapface:

World Official: Japan won't abandon nukes despite crisis

even though" experts estimate there is a 90 percent chance that a quake with a magnitude of 8.0 or higher will strike the region within 30 years"

:o

... but this is probably why:

Tokyo stocks fall amid worries over power shortage, strong yen

Sad but true: Money = Death.

So ... why do so many still want to work for Money? :slapface:

Given the staggering energy demands of the tens of millions of people living in the Japanese islands I don't think they have a choice.

Insofar as why so many still want to work for money I'd guess it's because it's necessary to put food on the table, fuel in the tank and a roof over one's head. The last time I checked banks weren't accepting clams instead of money on mortgage payments.

Given the staggering energy demands of the tens of millions of people living in the Japanese islands I don't think they have a choice.

Insofar as why so many still want to work for money I'd guess it's because it's necessary to put food on the table, fuel in the tank and a roof over one's head. The last time I checked banks weren't accepting clams instead of money on mortgage payments.

The energy demands are high mainly because people demand it, they want to "go places" (fuel in the tank) and many (probably all married mothers of small children!) who work don't even really "break even" with their expenses (if they stayed home they wouldn't need to eat out, constant new clothes and accessories, cars, vacations, etc.)

How can we expect the world to "keep up" with our ever-growing desires for "independence" and "freedom" - especially when so many prefer the "freedom" of being locked up in an office building "working" at an unnecessary job? How many office buildings can we build, heat, light and air condition to trap people inside of?

Sorry, Steve, your reasoning makes no sense because people were putting food on the table and a roof over their head for eons before nuclear energy became so "necessary". The problem is us, modern "improvements" to our lifestyles which are totally out-of-hand.

Sorry, Steve, your reasoning makes no sense because people were putting food on the table and a roof over their head for eons before nuclear energy became so "necessary". The problem is us, modern "improvements" to our lifestyles which are totally out-of-hand.

For eons? Uh, ok sure. Frankly, I don't want to have to hunt and fish for my own food. I've got books to read and bootlegs to listen to. No, I prefer Japanese chicks with 2% body fat cook my damn dinner after they get home from work. They can even use a microwave cause that's the kind of guy I am - care free, undemanding

and easy going.

HOTASIANGIF.gif

For eons? Uh, ok sure.

Of course, because up until about 50 years ago nuclear power plants did not exist anywhere June 27, 1954: World's First Nuclear Power Plant Opens

Frankly, I don't want to have to hunt and fish for my own food. I've got books to read and bootlegs to listen to. No, I prefer Japanese chicks with 2% body fat cook my damn dinner after they get home from work. They can even use a microwave cause that's the kind of guy I am - care free, undemanding

and easy going.

Once upon a time - maybe 60 years ago or so - husbands were embarrassed if their wives had to work for Money because they KNEW that meant their wives had to work for Death.

What happened, why did so many of us become "care free" ? :wtf:

What happens to a person's soul - and what happens to our world and Mother Nature - when practically everyone wants to work for DEATH / starts working for DEATH / continues working for DEATH day in and day out, with a "care free" attitude?

Dear Steve, please :wakeup:

a man with dignity does not want his family to work for Death !

and start :Thinking: ... before it's too late !

Of course, because up until about 50 years ago nuclear power plants did not exist anywhere June 27, 1954: World's First Nuclear Power Plant Opens

Once upon a time - maybe 60 years ago or so - husbands were embarrassed if their wives had to work for Money because they KNEW that meant their wives had to work for Death.

What happened, why did so many of us become "care free" ? :wtf:

What happens to a person's soul - and what happens to our world and Mother Nature - when practically everyone wants to work for DEATH / starts working for DEATH / continues working for DEATH day in and day out, with a "care free" attitude?

Dear Steve, please :wakeup:

a man with dignity does not want his family to work for Death !

and start :Thinking: ... before it's too late !

Well, 60 years ago most women were more or less completely dependent on men and that's the way men wanted it. WWII changed all of that and women found they enjoyed the freedom that comes with economic independence. It allowed them to get out of bad marriages, pursue their own career, become voraciously promiscuous, etc. Yes, kids it even helped to spawn the modern day phenomenom known as the cougar (look it up). This is a thread about Japan so to steer this back on topic I'll point out the Japanese women are marrying later in life and raising fewer children. Most would not have that option 60 years ago.

I think Billy Joel said it best when he sung "The good old days weren't always good, tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems".

Archived