O2 Review......

The thing I was most impressed about from the clips is the fact that the sound is very edgy.

It's hard to put your finger on it, there was def something about that show last night.

I just wished I'ld been there instead of that muppet who wrote the piece...

Hey! Everyone is entitled to an opinion, when he crawls out of his own arse we can discuss it with him :D Oh and I cant believe he copyrighted that boring pile of shite :lol: As if anyone would want to use it for anything, he calls it a 'report' from the show but he obviously made his mind up weeks before and wrote this crap over the last few days inserting a few observations he made last night. What a wanker.

Greetings,

I was at the O2 show in London on Monday night

Rob, I'm sorry to say I'm familiar with you. I used to scroll through your ramblings on The Led Zeppelin Mailing List about five years ago, which I'd left primarily because of people like you, who claim to be a fan but never miss an opportunity to stone them.

I'm all for critical reviews. Critical thought. However, it's painfully obvious you can't get beyond putting their performance into the context of how it would have been 30 years ago, as opposed to how it really was.

Time ages us all. However, Led Zeppelin, for all the physicality of their music and stage

show, have always been about the spirit. In this regard, they are triumphant indeed.

If for one night only, they returned to remind us all they are still legends in our midst.

(Edit: PM sent to "author" reminding him of his long-standing reputation as a troll)

Greetings,

I was at the O2 show in London on Monday night the 10th; me and my son.

Oh yeah, the world sure is different now.....

unfortunately I read it, what a waste of time

just a few points:

- why you had a ticket and not me, you didn't need it

- do you work in a major label? usually they don't know a shit about music

- I read in a post that there was a drunk, seated somewhere, who disturbed a lot and didn't see the concert since the beginning (he was drunk at 6): is it you?

- poor you: you'll be the only one with bad memories of the concert, but the other 19999 attending NO

So I'll give you a hug to help you stay alive and don't commit suicide ... and leave us in our happy Zepland

Lots of stuff that I gave up reading.

Some of us never had a chance to see Zep. I've been to loads of gigs and this was by far the best I've been to. I'm glad you've got your memories and you are entitled to your opinions but I've now seen a version of Zep that helps me more than any DVD or CD, realise what they were like at the peak of their power.

:thumbdown: Sorry pal. In terms of keeping my interest? Boring as hell and couldn't get through the muck. Dribble is dribble. Can't waste my time on it.

SPAM SPAM SPAM

probably just a wind up.

or someone with an extremley chronic case of ageism

too boring to read it all.

I hate long posts like this anyway.

If this person was there it's just another two wasted tickets

SPAM SPAM SPAM

probably just a wind up.

or someone with an extremley chronic case of ageism

too boring to read it all.

I hate long posts like this anyway.

If this person was there it's just another two wasted tickets

Rob has been trolling Zep forums for at least five years, actually.

Rob has been trolling Zep forums for at least five years, actually.

Haha, is that so? I thought it was bit weird.

I mean, sometimes there is huge circlejerking here and quite hands-down praising of the band but dear god, certainly the gentleman were in a good shape that night! I have only heard Good Times, Bad Times and parts from In My Time Of Dying and Black Dog and so far it sounds very, very good, performancewise. You don't even need to be a fan to hear that.

I can hardly wait for the dvd/complete show.

Greetings,

I was at the O2 show in London on Monday night the 10th; me and my son.

We're still here in England. This is my own personal eyewitness account of the

show, as I saw it, and in my own words. I thought that I might share it with you.

Enjoy it for what it is. This review is written mostly about Led Zeppelin's long-

awaited concert appearance. The other acts are mentioned also, in part.

DISCLAIMER: No offense, slurs or disparagements, to any person or persons, nor

are there any latent meanings or messages stated, meant or implied in this

report, none whatsoever. All views, terms, references and opinions expressed

herein are strictly and exclusively those of the author, and only the author.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2007, by Rob Guarnieri, aka Pianoguy. <pianoguy88s@yahoo.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should get a job reviewing for Rolling Stone....

You're simply biased against "older" performers.....

You'd probably tell Les Paul and Chuck Berry it's time to 'Hang It Up'....

The Good News is.... that NO ONE will be heeding your advice ! ! :hysterical::hysterical:

Yes it was really better than I could imagine, they did pull it off !! I (we Angel of Avalon) feel so lucky to of been there. Great to meet Mr and mrs Whyalla (friends for life ), Lee, Chicken,Tawny Paul who made queueing for merchandise alot better (with his Ev Tshirt ) a guy called Greg who pops on here everynow and then! To all the people at the Zep Do the night before and all the random people just taking Zep in the queue to get in.

Haha! Someone wore my shirt to the gig! I feel all warm and fuzzy-like! :lol:

Thanks for the review Leddy! Knebby texted us the setlist as it rolled and we got to listen to some snippets over the phone. We weren't there, but it was definitely Zeppelin day around our place! :D

Dear me. I knew as soon as you put the disclaimer on that you'd be a dullard - and you were!

This is the equivalent of reading a review from a 14 year old boy who had been dragged by his parents. I saw a comment from a woman today on the BBC site saying 'I loved it, even thought I only knew 2 songs!'.

And therein lies the rub. You did not deserve to go to this concert. I, like many other fans here, could not get tickets. I deserved to be in the O2 last night and people like you got a ticket instead of me. It makes me feel quite sick. Shame on you for getting this opportunity and throwing it in their faces.

Dear me. I knew as soon as you put the disclaimer on that you'd be a dullard - and you were!

This is the equivalent of reading a review from a 14 year old boy who had been dragged by his parents. I saw a comment from a woman today on the BBC site saying 'I loved it, even thought I only knew 2 songs!'.

And therein lies the rub. You did not deserve to go to this concert. I, like many other fans here, could not get tickets. I deserved to be in the O2 last night and people like you got a ticket instead of me. It makes me feel quite sick. Shame on you for getting this opportunity and throwing it in their faces.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS. THIS GUY JUST WASTED A TICKET THAT ONE OF US REAL FANS COULD OF HAD, AND BEEN THERE CHEERING ON THE LEGENDS OF ROCK! hAS ANY ONE FOUND AUDIO SAMPLES FROM THE SHOW LAST NIGT?

Just a short hi to my friends, I hope some of you read it. I had a FANTASTIC time there, it was an amazing concert, I`m so happy! I wasn`t far from the stage and I could see really well. I loved it, I feel like I`m in Heaven!

just don`t believe any crap you might read about the concert. It WAS amazing. Period!

:wave:

Just a short hi to my friends, I hope some of you read it. I had a FANTASTIC time there, it was an amazing concert, I`m so happy! I wasn`t far from the stage and I could see really well. I loved it, I feel like I`m in Heaven!

just don`t believe any crap you might read about the concert. It WAS amazing. Period!

:wave:

I'm so happy for you Celia ! I can't wait to hear all about it ! Have a safe trip back home !

I'll give the guy credit for writing a really long post, but that's about it. From the clips I've seen, and heard, they were/are and always will be the bombastic, hammer of the gods, thunderous monster that is Led Zeppelin. And that's off of craptacular cell phones, etc. I am drooling with anticipation of true soundboard audio and digital video and audio.

It's a shame you wasted your time and someone else's ticket, next time, if you feel as if you're going to see aging rock stars who may not live up to your expectations, please feel free to pm me and I will gladly suffer on your behalf.

Literally MILLIONS of people wanted to go see this band, and of the people that went, a handful of people came back with negative reviews, most were glowing, stunned and awestruck. You want Shock and Awe? Go see Zep.

I will never forget in 1980 a friend of mine showed me his Zep ticket for the concert saying how much he couldn't wait to go, and he may be able to score me one... and then it happened :(

And our chances to see Zep were so many ashes in the wind. Now they come back, with John's son and blow a hole through the O2 roof and you bitch about the fact they are old..

Lemme tell this, we all get old, everyone, and changes happen. They understand this and played to their strengths.

All 20,000 people who saw that, saw history and a very special moment in music history. I hope the rest of you treasure it, and keep it close to your heart.

I think the person that wrote this review is just not happy with his life at this moment in time.

Ive heard from people that went to the show and they are still to this morning in shock and amazed on how great they sounded. I keep hearing how they are back in strong form. This review is the first negative ive heard. Im open minded to hearing bad reviews on music i lvoe but this one doesnt have any foundation.

The small clips ive heard confirm to me how strong they sound, and they made me very proud to be a zeppelin fan.

May I just say I feel for those who couldn't go and understand why its so frustrating tha some people maybe didnt make the most of the night. Some people around me were simply sitting there not even cracking as smile . . . but on the other hand most of us rocked the place and appreciated why this thing was just so amazing. Met some great people who had paid more than they could afford to get there!!

It was a fantastic night, great musicianship and the Zep boys gave it everything, which was a hell of a lot it turns out! Epic night, part of me hopes they tour so the others who deserved to see this can do just that.

Sure there were 3, maybe 4 feedback sqeeles, but so f*ck!? The sound was fantastic where I was sat (up with the gods, central). Robert gave it everything I thought, and totally outdid my expectations personally.

On a different note, did anyone else think the opening song of the night, Fanfare for the common man was awesome!!? Ha I thought it was a great opening, as were the rest of the acts, even Paulo Nutini who suprised me actually!

I also get the feeling most of the review was written BEFORE the show. For a more succinct, clearly written and factually positive account I would suggest reading the Rolling Stone review written by David Fricke. I'm biased against that magazine for the obvious reasons. I still think other people should read it. All thing's considered I wonder if the guy who posted this thread was actually at the concert!

Archived