O2 Review......

I think Led Zeppelin sounded the same as they always did, extremely great. I didn't see them live, but I watched videos today with really stupid quality, and eventhough I was overwhelmed by them.

I don't even care how they look today (I think they still all look good :wub: ) I just know that Robbie Williams, Christina Aguilera and all the others won't sound NEAR as good when they are about 60 (they don't even sound NEAR as good as Led Zeppelin today)!

And if I could have you're f*cking ticket I would have been extremely happy to see the event of the year and wouldn't write such a shit about it!

Did this so called fan of Led Zeppelin ever ponder the possibility of the band just wanting to play because they love to play? Is he really lame enough to suggest that Page, Plant, and Jones still consider themselves to be young rock gods? That's probably why Jimmy chooses to go grey, for that hip young, but mature look. And if they play their cards right, they might stir up enough public interest to get signed to make another record. Is that it? Nah, I have a feeling this guy feels that writing something negative will garner more him attention. There's one in every crowd. I'm just glad that Zeppelin decided to give the fans another treat. I have a feeling that their legend is safe and secure, regardless of previous reunions that were less than spectacular. Thank you Jimmy, Robert, John, and Jason.

Did this so called fan of Led Zeppelin ever ponder the possibility of the band just wanting to play because they love to play? Is he really lame enough to suggest that Page, Plant, and Jones still consider themselves to be young rock gods? That's probably why Jimmy chooses to go grey, for that hip young, but mature look. And if they play their cards right, they might stir up enough public interest to get signed to make another record. Is that it? Nah, I have a feeling this guy feels that writing something negative will garner more him attention. There's one in every crowd. I'm just glad that Zeppelin decided to give the fans another treat. I have a feeling that their legend is safe and secure, regardless of previous reunions that were less than spectacular. Thank you Jimmy, Robert, John, and Jason.

Sorry about the horrible grammar on my previous post (will garner HIM more attention) I'm sure there's more. lol Peace to all!!!

This is really tedious.

Surely, if you take the trouble to travel several thousand miles to a gig you can at least take the trouble to be positive about it.

I thought it was a really great night and well worth queuing for hours to get to the front.

I stood in front of the speaker stacks at the left of the stage.

In a day or two I expect my hearing will return.

I agree...no one went in their expecting them to be like when they were in their 30's....we went in going to see the elder gods that they are now...in a sense even better spiritually....it was a fantastic fucking show and they were dead on...I spent a lot $$$ on this trip and it was worht every freaking penny and more.....Bonzo must be looking down ponding his chest...Jason was sick (from some far shots that are little blurred on youtube he looks like his old man to the tee)....Page was on fire and having the time of his life (loved the drool too)...JPJ was a freaking warrior....see that look in his eyes...eye of the tiger....the ultimate pro....and of course Robert....he seemed to get more and more into with each song......one of the best days of my life and I hope more good times are to come....on Dec. 10 at the O2.....LED ZEPPELIN ROCKED.....20,000 smiles..... :D

I agree...no one went in their expecting them to be like when they were in their 30's....we went in going to see the elder gods that they are now...in a sense even better spiritually....it was a fantastic fucking show and they were dead on...I spent a lot $$$ on this trip and it was worht every freaking penny and more.....Bonzo must be looking down ponding his chest...Jason was sick (from some far shots that are little blurred on youtube he looks like his old man to the tee)....Page was on fire and having the time of his life (loved the drool too)...JPJ was a freaking warrior....see that look in his eyes...eye of the tiger....the ultimate pro....and of course Robert....he seemed to get more and more into with each song......one of the best days of my life and I hope more good times are to come....on Dec. 10 at the O2.....LED ZEPPELIN ROCKED.....20,000 smiles..... :D

Yes Yes Yes. I am so happy you had a good time. Didnt you sell of your Les Paul or something to go lol. I wish I were a fly on the wall right now...

Rolls>> :wacko:

I TOO AM DISAPPOINTED................DISAPPOINTED THAT MORONS LIKE THAT COULD HAVE 2 PRECIOUS TICKETS WASTED ON THEM. I WAS THERE, BUT I TOOK MY EARS AND MY BRAIN WITH ME, UNLIKE THIS TWAT.

SOME ADVICE FOR PIANOGUY88.................NEVER DARKEN OUR SHORES AGAIN YOU PRICK.

I am so pleased you had a great time too Wolfman. It was all worth it in the end.

I really can't see why people are so critical of these sorts of gigs.

This is live music

It was a benefit gig with loads of acts.

Those roadies definitely earned their money.

Between each act there was a complete change of kit.

They worked at lightening speed but in such situations it is just not possible to test all the kit, mikes etc before the next act goes on.

As an example, the volume on one of Keith Emerson's keyboards was not high enough and at the end he had to speak into 5 mikes before he found a live one.

But what the hell.

The excitement was electric from beginning to end and if people did not like it they were twats for not taking the trouble to queue for a few hours to get a good spot.

I was in the third row in front of the speaker stacks and my entire body vibrated at times.

I was close enough to see the dribble dripping off Jimmy Page's chin during Dazed and Confused.

Am I disappointed that they were getting on a bit or that there were a few sound problems?

This is Rock and Roll. This is what being live is all about. Get a life and stop whining.

:thumbdown: Sorry pal. In terms of keeping my interest? Boring as hell and couldn't get through the muck. Dribble is dribble. Can't waste my time on it.

whoever wrote this is out of hi fucking mind i went and was in the 3 row and it sounded amazin yes they were a little rusty by the third song they worked it out warmed it up and sounded great hey sure there wasnt no 30 minute solos but this is like a new band with a lot of energy of the old band everybody ages even wine things get better with age was worth the 7 hour flights and one more thing wasnt these writers on strike this guy is nuts

Hi folks, I'm in the lobby of my hotel so quick note to say any negative reviews you read, ignore them--it was amazing, right, ledded1? The sound was fine where I was, jammed in about 15 people from the front, and the band were everything I hoped they would be. Anyone with anything negative to say can't be saying it about Robert's voice!! But they were all great, and Kashmir . . . .

It was a night I'll never forget.

Friends,

Was it me, or did the Heartbreaker just Ramble On , you sound like a Fool in the Rain who is all Dazed and Confused . The 10 Dec was a Celebration Day of some fantastic Rock and Roll for people with a Whole Lotta Love. So, Moby Dick, No Quarter is given, Your Time Is Gonna Come when you go Over the Hills and Far Away to Kashmir and swing from the Gallows Pole you Heartbreaker

To everyone else, The Song Remains the Same , Thank You.

Haha! Someone wore my shirt to the gig! I feel all warm and fuzzy-like! :lol:

Thanks for the review Leddy! Knebby texted us the setlist as it rolled and we got to listen to some snippets over the phone. We weren't there, but it was definitely Zeppelin day around our place! :D

I wore your shirt to pick up my wristband and there is a PICTURE of it! It's still in my (35mm) camera, unfortunately.

That's so awesome you made it Aqua!!!!! Do you know if knebby was able to reschedule things to get there for the show, too? Did you guys meet up?

Sounds like the lobby of the hotel paradise there ;)

Yes, Knebby was there--we could see her across a very crowded room! :lol:

It was certainly a little piece of paradise. :wub:

Unfortunately for them, they didn't evolve musically; they stayed in a time warp.

They remained One-Dimensional, and they didn't grow.

Look, that's just one of about 50 half-truths and falsehoods found in his original review.

I also happen to know he's trolled Zep forums for at least the last five years. He also got himself caught up in a scandal concerning the Tucson '70 tape. I've got no use for

Rob's point of view because there's no integrity behind it. I doubt he was even there.

Rob, what concert did you actually go to last night? I went to the one at the O2 where at the end of the show, everyone was walking out saying wholly f*cking sh*t, that was a religious experience! Absolutely amazing! ... you sir are a moron.
Haven't looked thru all the posts on each topic here, but is a set list somewhere to be seen.

I want to know each song that was played, in which order.

And encore's?

Haven't looked thru all the posts on each topic here, but is a set list somewhere to be seen.

I want to know each song that was played, in which order.

And encore's?

Where's that fucking slap-your-head emoticon from the old board when you need it?

I echo what everyone else has said. Time ages everyone. Not a shocker!

I've been a Zep fan for years. Living in Canada and not able to win or afford a ticket, my excitement grew as the time I knew "They" would be taking the stage neared. If you were in my house on the evening of 12/10/07, you would have seen me dancing around my kitchen to the Zeppelin music on the radio (my local station held a "Led Zeppelin day" in honour of their reunion). After the show was over, I trolled the net like a starving dog for any clip I could find of this magical night. One day after the show, I was still on cloud nine, playing nothing but Zeppelin in my car through the entire day. Two days later, I am still remembering this incredible event with a dreamy smile on my face. AND I WASN'T EVEN THERE!

To the OP: please post here the next time you purchase Zeppelin tickets, and I will gladly take them off your hands. The only thing your review made crystal clear is that your ego and your superiority complex are both larger than your love for Zeppelin and your desire to be at O2 that night.

‘We did it Ahmet’

….. I am so glad and so privileged I heard Robert Plant say those words at the O2 on 10th Dec 2007; I never thought it would happen.

I came back from holiday on 15th October hoping that I had been allocated a ticket but like hundreds of thousands of others I had not.

As it proved later I could not attend the 26th November anyway.

Then everything turned around JP injured his finger, the gig was put back two weeks and I got lucky in the fourth ballot.

Until I got the wristband and the ticket on the Sunday I still could not believe my luck, I tried to recall what it was like in the days of Knebworth and Berlin but it was all so different then, I was a youthful fan going to ‘just another gig’, like the band I was high on booze and Mary Jane came along too, and it was great, a wonderful experience.

This gig felt so different;

I, like the band was full of trepidation,

Like the band I was the wrong side of 50,

Like the band I was sober,

Like the band I rarely did gigs,

And like the band I desperately wanted it all to go well.

I just had the feeling that so many people wanted it to fail or wanted to say ‘I told you Planty couldn’t hit the notes any more’ or ‘without Bonzo they will fall flat’ and even the outrageous ‘JP pretended to hurt his finger, he can’t cut it anymore’.

I found myself wishing my life away and just wanting the day to arrive, and it did …..

The retro TV and the newsreel images that pre empted the show rammed it home ‘God had it really been that long????.....much trepidation’.

Suddenly a familiar sound and the opening THUD, THUD of Mr. J. Bonham the percussionist, then Jonesy and JP and finally Percy….LIGHTS and ACTION. A smile appeared on my face, (my wife called it a manic grin) and it remained for the next 2hours and 8 minutes.

Good Times Bad Times opened the most fantastic gig I have ever had the pleasure to attend, maybe it was the anticipation, maybe relief who knows but I will always believe it was just the band, that band being Led Zeppelin and for all those who say it cant be LZ without John Bonham I say b*****ks. It may not have been John Henry but it most definitely was the Son of Thunder.

As the days since the concert pass and all the well meaning folk start dissecting it in minute detail finding the tiniest fault I just want to write it down now as I recall it, fresh in my memory.

The Band (capital B) was tight musically, very concentrated to begin with but superb in all they did, sober and rehearsed. As the gig moved on they began to smile, laugh and have fun, I believe they enjoyed the whole thing, they knew it was good (‘How did that sound Eddie?’). Long before the bow made it’s appearance for D&C it was as if they had never been away, all the gestures and movements of ‘back in the day’ were there, not manufactured or contrived in any way just flowing naturally with the sounds.

Jason Bonham was absolutely brilliant, I, like you all miss JHB but musically the band did not, the Son of Thunder can stand tall, if he had goofed the whole thing could have come crashing down, at some points before the gig I pondered that maybe he was the ready made excuse, but no, he was at the peak of his craft, In My Time of Dying and Kashmir (Now forever known as the 51st country) proving the point., like the mighty arms of Atlas he held the heavens from the earth.

For the guys (you know who you are) that supported the ‘over rated tracks’ thread, yes they did play Stairway, WLL, D&C and Black Dog and as for those of you who thought these over rated (‘I didn’t see too many this time’) I hope you went out and bought another raspberryade during these numbers.

I have no intention of going through each song or each self indulgence, as I said earlier the geeks will do that. I just want those of you not as fortunate as those lucky few to know that it was a truly great gig and the Band you love in no way let any of you down, if they allow a DVD you must buy it, even if they call it The Ahmet Ertegun Educational Fund Concert and charge the earth you must buy it, even if you have to produce 12 kinds of photo ID a signed letter from Osama Bin Liner and hop a flight to queue outside the Rangoon and district DVD store…buy it, buy it, buy it.

Should they tour? Maybe another one off at MSG?

Who knows, all I can do is give an opinion. I wish all fans could have been there for this show, but that is impossible.

I wish the Band could do another gig like this for the fans that missed them, but that is impossible also, you can’t get another gig like this.

I will never see Led Zeppelin play live again even if they announce a UK tour doing lots of gigs (including Achilles and Levee) at a reasonable price I wouldn’t apply for tickets.

I saw them at the O2 play in my opinion the ultimate gig and it cannot ever get better than that. I fear for those that missed the gig that in the cold light of day after the euphoria the Band will look at the reviews and the master tapes (once mixed and cut) and also know that it was the perfect end, they said goodbye to Ahmet, they said goodbye to Bonzo they said goodbye to all those demons and they have freed the genie, I for one hope they cork the bottle.

Led Zeppelin the Hammer of the Gods, thank you.

I would have paid LARGE MONEY just to see the remaining lads stand up there and tell jokes , nevermind !!!!!!

They ROCKED and with a load of pressure on their ability , no less....

so to you mister writer , take a flying leap fuck @ a rolling doughnut ....

ps. I used to be " Ozone " but sumthin happened?.......

Archived