A plea to the BAND MEMBERS

MrEngland

I went over to Ultimate Guitar to play some of my old Zeppelin favourites and was stunned to find Led Zeppelin songs are BLOCKED to people living in the UK!!

If you are in the UK go try one

Come on Boys, I live round the corner from Rob Plant and speak with him on occasions when we bump into each other! I know he would be furious if he knew up and coming guitar fans were being barred from playing some of OUR COUNTRIES best rock music. They would be mad as hell!

Get it sorted!!! Music and its fan base have a RELATIONSHIP, stop the middlemen from ruining that!

all the best everyone,

Phil

ardent fan for years!!!!

What I'm curious to know is exactly what if anything, the individual band members are supposed to do about this. Ultimate Guitar is a privately-run website I'm assuming, one that has no affiliation to Led Zeppelin, so if they don't want to provide guitar tabs for that band's songs in the UK....is the band supposed to threaten them or force them to provide them?

I don't get it.

I went over to Ultimate Guitar to play some of my old Zeppelin favourites and was stunned to find Led Zeppelin songs are BLOCKED to people living in the UK!!

If you are in the UK go try one

Come on Boys, I live round the corner from Rob Plant and speak with him on occasions when we bump into each other! I know he would be furious if he knew up and coming guitar fans were being barred from playing some of OUR COUNTRIES best rock music. They would be mad as hell!

Get it sorted!!! Music and its fan base have a RELATIONSHIP, stop the middlemen from ruining that!

all the best everyone,

Phil

ardent fan for years!!!!

Would purchasing this help you any?

ledzeppelin_songbook.jpg

ALL guitar tabs from Ultimate guitar are blocked to UK users. Try sorting cookies out on your PC........I did, worked for me.

It annoys me Guitar World and other magazines condemn the on-line tabs sites.............dunno why, they've always been excellent!

ALL guitar tabs from Ultimate guitar are blocked to UK users. Try sorting cookies out on your PC........I did, worked for me.

It annoys me Guitar World and other magazines condemn the on-line tabs sites.............dunno why, they've always been excellent!

The reason people like GW condemn online tab?

A) $$

B ) to their usual point, they're generally somewhat inaccurate, often useless to a person that wants to learn the songs....The best tabs on the web are ripped out of magazines and tab books.

I did know him, I aint spoke to him for years.

He lived at in between Cookley and Wolverley near Stourbridge and drank in the 'The Lock'.

but last I heard from a mate he's moved down to Worcester now.

but hey, this is the internet and I could be a nerd with no mates,

except the above is all true!

We also had Wizard, Slade, Def leopard, Saxon, Iron Maiden and Steel Pulse all within a few miles of us!

This made me lol pretty hard.

Look brosaph, the band has no control over tabs, you think they have time for that shit? And I can tell you 'Rob' sure as hell doesn't care either.

What a waste of bandwith, jackass.

No kidding LOL....This should be in the zep noobie section just because its so dumb.

• 3 weeks later...

Rob told you that, genius?

My apologies to question your intelligence as you do have a '666' in your username which shows you are incapable saying anything intelligent.

And yes im pretty more than sure that Robert Plant doesn't care about people using guitar tabs on ultimate guitar

I may be incapable saying anything intelligent, but at least I'm safe in the knowledge that I'm not some gap-toothed retarded redneck from Deep South who can't put together a single line that makes sense and can't communicate without throwing insults.

Considering that in the same post I just quoted you claimed to be someone who can post without throwing insults around, I find the bolded part to be especially hilarious. It's usually best, and this has been my experience, not to do the very thing you're telling someone you don't do. I mean, it helps.

Also, to echo the sentiments of others in this thread:

1299848141-53.jpg

See the MO on the map? That's Missouri. See where the GA is? That's Georgia. Georgia is in the deep South. See how the MO and the GA aren't anywhere near one another? That means Missouri isn't in the deep South. Thus concludes your US Geography lesson for the day.

Okay,

I talked to Bob via email (yeah, I don't know him, blah blah, whatever...)

Anyway...

He said that, yes he's not happy with this kind of thing - the music is there for everyone to enjoy how they may, etc.

But he, nor anyone else can do bugger all because the deals for publishing books, tabs, whatever...are done outside of his control for the most part. There are contracts and obligations in place that are legally binding etc. Those deals are between companies that he never hears about but all feed up to parent companies, etc. "Quite frankly, I wouldn't know where to begin".

So fuck it.

We're screwed. You need to vote your country out of the stupid copyright laws being imposed on the internet, file sharing, etc.

That's about all you can do.

VOTE.

:(

Bob says "Hi and thanks everyone for there concern and hopes that this will not dissuade fans from enjoying the music and interpreting it in new and interesting ways".

Cheers!

Archived