Lady Gaga - Led Zeppelin Fan

Walter

I was watching the 60 Minutes story they ran on her last month. Part of the story was conducted in her mobile studio that goes with her while she is on tour. There were various framed posters around the room, but over the console in a very prominent position was the classic "Swan Song" Led Zeppelin poster. Nice to see that she has great taste in music. I do know that she has mentioned Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and The Stones as music she grew up listening to, with her father. Anyway, just saw it the other night and was surprised to see that poster front and center. Great taste Gaga! B)

Not a bad effort by the drummer with a rather rudimentary drumset.

I think the whole thing's not a bad effort. Not a huge fan of hers (that raw meat get up was a truly WTF moment) but you've got to give credit - she's been working her way up for a long time. I like her voice. That the performer she's transformed into isn't for everyone is understandable, but it's interesting to see a different side to her nonetheless.

I think the whole thing's not a bad effort. Not a huge fan of hers (that raw meat get up was a truly WTF moment) but you've got to give credit - she's been working her way up for a long time. I like her voice. That the performer she's transformed into isn't for everyone is understandable, but it's interesting to see a different side to her nonetheless.

Yeah, I'm not a hater.

Just because I'm not a fan, I don't fire off the "she sucks" rages.

Is she working the whole shock value / media attention thing?

Of course, but that's hardly new.

It's savvy, and she's taking the steps necessary to be big.

I remember hearing practically the same criticisms verbatim regarding Madonna - of whom I also was not a fan.

Of course, I don't listen to the radio constantly, so I'm not bombarded with her music, either.

I know that annoys people who do listen to the radio a lot, but then, that's the price you pay.

Speaking of Lady Gaga - I've got tons of respect for her in that she tells it like it is.

Here's "From the Fans' Lady Gaga Style - Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ for her first

show of the Monster Ball Tour of 2011. Also the first time she sang "Born this Way" Live!

I put the whole show up on youtube in six parts.

Hello:

The first videos from THE FAME were a bit too much...but I do enjoy her music very much and her postive attitude..She certainly draws the crowds. They want her back in Alberta...I hope she will add London on her next tour...

I have THE FAME, THE FAME MONSTER, and THE HITS REMIXES (I believe that's the title). I'd like to consider myself one of her Canadian "monsters"

Juliet B)

PS I believe her bio on her website acknowledges Zeppelin music in her home when she was growing up...

Not a bad effort by the drummer with a rather rudimentary drumset.

Nobody pounds that out like Bonzo did.... D'yer Mak'er is the first song I taught myself after I got my kit set up, and to this day when I squeeze behind a set I slap out that intro - just to sound cool!

and you know what?

I do sound pretty cool when I do it!

:drumz:

props to Johnny Bonham!:godfather:

Sorry but who exactly fired off the she sucks "rage"? I don't see any rage here at all.

Great, the "Literal Police" just showed up.

Gee, Officer, so sorry I used a random term like "rage".

Fuck.

Is it not obvious what I meant?

She still sucks imo.:P

Could not agree with you more. Just because she is a Zeppelin fan doesn't make her music any better.

It reminds me of the Justin Bieber hate.

A lot of people seem to hate when people achieve success in a style they don't personally care for.

All the comments about how bad she/her music sucks sure sound kinda silly when you see how successful she is.

It must not suck TOO bad for her to be as successful as she has become.

I can imagine her to be the "I love Led Zepplin. I think he's great." Kind of fan

Why? Just because you don't care for her music, doesn't mean she's by definition ill-informed about bands she obviously likes (and whose names she can probably spell). And I'm not a fan of hers, particularly, either.

^yeah^ I was gonna tell Luke that there's an -e- in Led Zepp_lin too as well...drives me apeshit when people leave that little sucker out! hehehe

The word looks naked without that crucial third -e- ....I think it's a balance factor or some shit, anyways, I digress, where was I? Oh yeah,

TypeO seems to have a negative tolerance when the literal police come flashing their badges.

I submit ______He may be Lack-Post Intolerant! **rimshot!:drumz:**

I don't listen to much radio anymore either [it's all gone to hell! since Elton John rewrote Candle In The Wind cry.gifso tragic], but from what I can tell, Lady Gaga is the most dynamic thing going on in pop music right now. And don't EVEN get me started on Madonna being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. grrrrrr are you kidding me? WTF?

♪♫ oh like a virgin la la la somethin' somethin' very worst time♪♫ that's about all I remember anyways________she's a lame egotistical bitch with an inflated sense of self importance! imho

**awaiting hail of bullets**

be gentle______remember, I'm only a toddler

card carrying member of He-Man Bieber Haters Local 151

I don't listen to much radio anymore either [it's all gone to hell! since Elton John rewrote Candle In The Wind cry.gifso tragic], but from what I can tell, Lady Gaga is the most dynamic thing going on in pop music right now. And don't EVEN get me started on Madonna being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. grrrrrr are you kidding me? WTF?

♪♫ oh like a virgin la la la somethin' somethin' very worst time♪♫ that's about all I remember anyways________she's a lame egotistical bitch with an inflated sense of self importance! imho

**awaiting hail of bullets**

be gentle______remember, I'm only a toddler

card carrying member of He-Man Bieber Haters Local 151

Gaga is so much like Madonna, in terms of being theatrical and style of music, but IMO is much more talented. I agree, Madonna is not rock. Madonna/Gaga are not my thing, but I appreciate their style and creativity.

As much as I respect Lady Gaga for her pretty eccentric sense of creativity and for pushing boundaries, I am not jumping for joy on coming to know of the fact that she is a fan of Led Zeppelin. It is no big deal honestly. I came to know of this fact, about 6 months ago through a friend of mine, who is rather fond of her music style. I wasn't enamoured by that fact, at all! I will never be a fan of her music, because it is just not what I'm looking for. I also think that it is rather unnecessary to devote an entire thread to the fact that Lady Gaga is a fan of Led Zeppelin. On the other hand, a thread discussing her contributions to the mainstream pop music scene is, IMO, something more relevant. Just my two cents.

TypeO seems to have a negative tolerance when the literal police come flashing their badges.

I submit ______He may be Lack-Post Intolerant! **rimshot!<ahttp://forums.ledzeppelin.com/uploads/emoticons/default_drumz.gif' alt=':drumz:'>**

Oh...

Oh, no you...

You, sir, have been reported.

No punishment is too severe after the pungent stench of that retort.

The Bad Pun Police will be knocking at your door shortly.

There's only a couple of them on duty, and their hard-sole boots slip easily on hard-surfaced floors when they encounter a struggle, so please...

Gather your belongings and offer no resistance.

Resistance is few-tile.

Oh, wow.

I think I threw up a little in the back of my mouth.

As much as I respect Lady Gaga for her pretty eccentric sense of creativity and for pushing boundaries, I am not jumping for joy on coming to know of the fact that she is a fan of Led Zeppelin. It is no big deal honestly. I came to know of this fact, about 6 months ago through a friend of mine, who is rather fond of her music style. I wasn't enamoured by that fact, at all! I will never be a fan of her music, because it is just not what I'm looking for. I also think that it is rather unnecessary to devote an entire thread to the fact that Lady Gaga is a fan of Led Zeppelin. On the other hand, a thread discussing her contributions to the mainstream pop music scene is, IMO, something more relevant. Just my two cents.

RIGHT ON MAN:):):)

I will never be a fan of her music. I also think that it is rather unnecessary to devote an entire thread to the fact that Lady Gaga is a fan of Led Zeppelin.

Wow! Pretty closed minded to think she will never create anything you would enjoy listening to.

Also, I know the website is getting close to being full and all - you know with these unnecessary threads, like songs that make you laugh, etc. I thought the relevance of the biggest pop star in the world carrying around a framed poster of Zeppelin in her mobile studio was interesting - being a Zeppelin fan - and something that people might want to know. Sorry to clutter up the forum with this!

Type O, you may send over the Unnecessary Thread Police to set me straight and take me away! :P

Peace.

B)

Why? Just because you don't care for her music, doesn't mean she's by definition ill-informed about bands she obviously likes (and whose names she can probably spell). And I'm not a fan of hers, particularly, either.

I was having a joke dude, I don't care whether she likes Zeppelin or not, I playing on the fact there's a fair amount of celebs out there who pretend to be fans of bands like Zepp, The Stones, Maiden etc. because it makes them look cool. And how do you know that I don't care for her music ? I didn't say anything about her music.

Archived