Anyone Else Miss The 90's?

OutriderX

beats the hell out of the 80s

LOVED the 80s.

The 90's= probably the worst decade for music.Fortunately there was Innuendo in 1991, and maybe Clapton unplugged a few years later.

I'm not sure if there is such a thing as the "worst decade for music". For one, it's all up to our individual tastes. For another, each decade has it's share of shit music, that's not confined to any one decade, same for what we consider "good" music. To me, the 90s had plenty of good music. Lollapalooza helped show just how diverse music was then and that festival was just barely scraping the surface of all of the great music out there.

I'm not sure if there is such a thing as the "worst decade for music". For one, it's all up to our individual tastes.

In this case it means "the worst decade for music for me as someone who has no interest in any music but that produced in the 60's and 70's".

The 90's wave of a rock was a refreshing wave that swept away the horrible glam metal scene from the 80's. In the 90's I was a kid and have very good memories. I was too young to appreciate what are now my favorite 90's bands - Nirvana & Alice in Chains - but once I re-discovered the grunge movement when I was in college I loved it. Nirvana's my second favorite band, behind Led Zeppelin. Unfortunately I was 9 when Kurt killed himself so I totally missed the Nirvanamania. Since then rock (at least mainstream rock) has deteriorated more and more. For decades rock music came in waves, in cycles. First it was 50's bands like Elvis and Buddy Holly. Holly died in 59 and Elvis was drafted so to replace them in the early 60's came the beach boys and the beatles. that was replaced by blues revival (rolling stones, yardbirds) then psychadelic (hendrix, beatles again lol) then heavy metal (led zeppelin, duh) then punk (the ramones, sex pistols) , new wave (The Police, The Cars), 80's mainstream glam metal crap, then grunge. Grunge for the most part died with cobain and then came post grunge/nu metal/whatever you call mainstream rock music now. I keep waiting for a new wave of something to wash out the mainstream crap but now i doubt that's going to happen. not saying that all new stuff is bad that's on the radio. I like Cage the Elephant and Kings of Leon and a few others, but nothing really grabs me.

The 90's wave of a rock was a refreshing wave that swept away the horrible glam metal scene from the 80's. In the 90's I was a kid and have very good memories. I was too young to appreciate what are now my favorite 90's bands - Nirvana & Alice in Chains - but once I re-discovered the grunge movement when I was in college I loved it. Nirvana's my second favorite band, behind Led Zeppelin. Unfortunately I was 9 when Kurt killed himself so I totally missed the Nirvanamania. Since then rock (at least mainstream rock) has deteriorated more and more. For decades rock music came in waves, in cycles. First it was 50's bands like Elvis and Buddy Holly. Holly died in 59 and Elvis was drafted so to replace them in the early 60's came the beach boys and the beatles. that was replaced by blues revival (rolling stones, yardbirds) then psychadelic (hendrix, beatles again lol) then heavy metal (led zeppelin, duh) then punk (the ramones, sex pistols) , new wave (The Police, The Cars), 80's mainstream glam metal crap, then grunge. Grunge for the most part died with cobain and then came post grunge/nu metal/whatever you call mainstream rock music now. I keep waiting for a new wave of something to wash out the mainstream crap but now i doubt that's going to happen. not saying that all new stuff is bad that's on the radio. I like Cage the Elephant and Kings of Leon and a few others, but nothing really grabs me.

Good points you got there....have a listen to Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions and REFRESH yourself even more in the Ks:):):)

Man you're not kidding there, so do I.

In fact you can make an argument that the 1990's was the last great decade before it all turned to complete shit.

I'm gonna be the devil's advocate here and say NOT all in the Ks is shit....far from it.....it's all there, the GOOD VIBES I mean, but we all NEED TO LOOK for it among the crap of course......COME ON YOU YOUNG UNS, don't just sit there aand "digest" all the ruffage the radio an TV vomits out to us......all the Madonnas, Spears, J-Los, Jackos = all DOWN THE DRAIN and start listening to the REAL music out there.....where to start? EZY....last.fm and Myspace, just to name a few:):)

I'm gonna be the devil's advocate here and say NOT all in the Ks is shit....far from it.....it's all there, the GOOD VIBES I mean, but we all NEED TO LOOK for it among the crap of course......COME ON YOU YOUNG UNS, don't just sit there aand "digest" all the ruffage the radio an TV vomits out to us......all the Madonnas, Spears, J-Los, Jackos = all DOWN THE DRAIN and start listening to the REAL music out there.....where to start? EZY....last.fm and Myspace, just to name a few:):)

I'm not talking about music, I'm talking about everyday life. I'm talking about the loss of personal privacy and liberty all in the name of "national security". I'm talking about endless war, the theft of trillions of dollars by those who'll never be prosecuted or jailed for doing so. I'm talking about those multi national corporations the world over who've bought and paid for politicans to do their bidding........the corporate mother comes first, everything and everybody else gets what's left.

Music? Hell that's the least of my worries today.

I'm not talking about music, I'm talking about everyday life. I'm talking about the loss of personal privacy and liberty all in the name of "national security". I'm talking about endless war, the theft of trillions of dollars by those who'll never be prosecuted or jailed for doing so. I'm talking about those multi national corporations the world over who've bought and paid for politicans to do their bidding........the corporate mother comes first, everything and everybody else gets what's left.

Music? Hell that's the least of my worries today.

Sorry, my bad.....I was too carried away with the music....SUre there is lots more to worry about nowadays.....and you FORGOT to mention a little DANGEROUS thing, the HUGE nuke contamination situation....the "monster" from Japan!!! Anyway, be very careful mentioning wars, corruption and other such things here, you MIGHT GeT BASHED by the ANTI "conspiracy talk" nuts here on the forum.....WATCH OUT!!!!!:):)

I wish I was a conspiracy nut, that way it would just be all in my head. Afghanastan, Iraq and now Libya aren't figments of my imagination though, they're real and so are the trillions of lost dirivatives that crashed the global economy.

The current prices per ounce of physical gold and silver aren't figments of my imagination either......I wish they were.

I wish I was a conspiracy nut, that way it would just be all in my head. Afghanastan, Iraq and now Libya aren't figments of my imagination though, they're real and so are the trillions of lost dirivatives that crashed the global economy.

The current prices per ounce of physical gold and silver aren't figments of my imagination either......I wish they were.

I see that there are REAL people on this forum after all and NOT just nuts who go around spewing over anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with them on what THE REAL situation in the world is today:):). Welcome NOT to the optomist or pessimist club, but to the REALIST club my friend :):)B) B)

• 10 months later...

I see that there are REAL people on this forum after all and NOT just nuts who go around spewing over anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with them on what THE REAL situation in the world is today:)smile.gif. Welcome NOT to the optomist or pessimist club, but to the REALIST club my friend smile.gif:)cool.gifcool.gif

When did Spidersandsnakes get whacked?

Do I miss the 90's? Nope.

I miss the 50's and I was born in 57. It must have been great being a teenager in the 50s. American Grafitti kind of gives you an idea. I liked the music and all. But of course I loved the 70s. You had the best rock n roll and hard rock ever created and at the same time the disco craze. Whether you liked disco or hated it it was fun to go to those bars. Nothing can touch that music when it came to dancing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived