What Happened to Music?

Kathryn

Disco hasn't lingered as long and strong as rap. It's bad influences are still here....that's why about a fourth of the soon to be released Rollings Stones Complete Singles (1971-2006) will be those horrible dance mixes, but would you have preferred a rap version , say, of "Under Cover Of The Night" or "Out Of Control". Please don't answer that....I'm afraid some would! I just can't get excited about a form of music that sounds just like those (at the risk of sounding racist) black guys (and it's never been otherwise) that are always soliciting me for some type of illegal activity when I go down town. They can't take 'no for an answer and I can hear them yapping away at me, just like those rappers, for a block or more as I continue walking down the street. If the shoe fits.....

I for one do not like rap covers of classic rock songs or pop songs....I did like Run DMC's "mix" with Aerosmith though.....I like pure rap songs that do NOT tamper with rock songs.....an example? OUTKAST for me is the #1 rap outfit par eccellenza:):):)!!!

I just can't get excited about a form of music that sounds just like those (at the risk of sounding racist) black guys (and it's never been otherwise) that are always soliciting me for some type of illegal activity when I go down town. They can't take 'no for an answer and I can hear them yapping away at me, just like those rappers, for a block or more as I continue walking down the street. If the shoe fits.....

At the risk of sounding racist? You've passed the risk part.

Just when I thought this thread couldn't become more of a trainwreck. :rolleyes:

I just can't get excited about a form of music that sounds just like those (at the risk of sounding racist) black guys (and it's never been otherwise) that are always soliciting me for some type of illegal activity when I go down town. They can't take 'no' for an answer and I can hear them yapping away at me, just like those rappers, for a block or more as I continue walking down the street. If the shoe fits.....

That's the most ignorant thing I've read for quite some time.

The sheriif's been here on that vid:):)!!!!

Was it that bad? I must add I say that as a Dylan fan but some of performances (both past and present) are beyond atrocious. Then, on some occasions he still hits it out of the ballpark.

Was it that bad? I must add I say that as a Dylan fan but some of performances (both past and present) are beyond atrocious. Then, on some occasions he still hits it out of the ballpark.

I've got an even better question....was whatever was on that video supposed to be the answer to What Happened To Music?? Now we may never know....

I've got an even better question....was whatever was on that video supposed to be the answer to What Happened To Music?? Now we may never know....

Perhaps the person that posted it can answer but if this person is the previously banned poster known as Eternal Light the best you're likely to get is some sort of non-answer.

Music went to Beijing, China on Wednesday of this week.

No, Bob Dylan went to Beijing, China on Wednesday of this week. "Music" already existed there. I'm asking specifically what Dylan playing in China has to do with the current state of music?

No, Bob Dylan went to Beijing, China on Wednesday of this week. "Music" already existed there. I'm asking specifically what Dylan playing in China has to do with the current state of music?

It took a while for China to allow Bob Dylan entry into Beijing.

Perhaps the person that posted it can answer but if this person is the previously banned poster known as Eternal Light the best you're likely to get is some sort of non-answer.

Getting banned is a rock 'n' roll tradition. Rock 'n' roll was started by leaders, now it's more about followers.

Getting banned is a rock 'n' roll tradition. Rock 'n' roll was started by leaders, now it's more about followers.

A rock n' roll record being banned from radio is a completely different thing than being banned from a message board.

Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, The Who Neil Young, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Elvis Presley, the Beatles and others use to be known all around and we loved them! But know, since just before the 00's, music has gone berserk and literally sucks.

Now the new generations (apart from a few like me) are listening to crap and some strange adults are following. If you mention one of the above bands, they are like, "What are you talking about?". Most don't even want to listen to new bands because they want to stick to their "generation".

What is your opinion on this outrage?

Methinx music in general is a generation thing......GOOD music on tne other hand IS NOT:):):):)

Archived