Soundgarden - Like Suicide

corduroyg

Any soundgarden fans? Great band. Anyway their song Like Suicide is my favorite song of all time, by any band. 1 of my favorite things about led zep is they have so many songs that are so good that its impossible for anyone other than led zep to have ever written them, if that makes any sense. Kashmir, No Quarter, Achilles, etc....nobody but led zep could have written those songs. Thats what Like Suicide reminds me of, 1 of those songs that is so brilliant that no other band could ever pull off (except maybe led zep haha)

• 1 month later...

I liked Soundgarden, enjoyed their records for the most part, and while I don't think CC is the greatest voice in rock, he's in the top 10. Although the last few times I've seen him: Soundgarden in 96, solo in 2000, and Audioslave in 04, his vocals didn't have the range and power he used to have.

My all-time favourite Soundgarden song is "Head Down". Utterly hypnotic.

Curiously, as much as I enjoyed their records, I always found them underwhelming in concert. Too withdrawn and lacking in charisma, particularly Chris. He tended to look like he was moping on stage.

But I'll still go see them when they play the LA Forum this summer.