Sammy Hagar dreams of working with Jimmy Page

royalrumpus

No thanks! I haven't liked Hagar since he started spewing negativety about Diamond Dave and then rode the Van Halen bus straight off a cliff. Jimmy is a class act and I can't imagine he would have anything to do with a delusional tool that kiss and tells.

Jimmy hooking up with a hee-haw hillbilly redneck jackass like Hagar would be unthinkable.

The only nauseatingly implausible liaison to rival this would be Shane Warne shagging Liz Hurley :wtf:

I think Eddie has done his share of throwing people under the bus himself.

he has... 25 years ago... he was ruthless, especially towards Dave ... but i haven't seen him writing tell all books loaded with lurid details .. have you?

• 3 weeks later...

And I dream of having Jimmy Page's bank account ... the only great thing Sammy ever did (musically) was the first Montrose (entitled, "Montrose") album. His book portrays him as someone who is only brags about the supposed money he makes in-and-outside of music, and his over-inflated worth of self. He mentions how he "owns" towns when he tours, neglecting to state sometimes that he shared the bill with other top tier acts that help him sell out arenas in his pre-Van Halen days.

• 1 month later...

I kinda like the idea of him hooking up with Jimmy.

He has a vocal range similar to Robert Plants and has that whole light and shade thing going on with his music. He can easily write a hard rocking tune, then turn around with a slow song with a melody or combine both in the same song.

As far as his book goes, it's his story to tell and he has a right to tell it. Sammy Hagar has been a very successful business person and it is part of his story. From what I've seen Sammy is a straight forward honest guy.

I think musically he has a lot of qualities that would mesh well with Jimmy Page while at the same he is very different musically which could help take Jimmy in a different musical direction all together.

It would be better than getting a no name that everyone would compare to Robert.

David Coverdale was big enough to hold his own weight but he was compared to Robert before he even hooked up with Jimmy.

People don't usually ever compare Sammy Hagar to Robert Plant yet they have a similar vocal range, plus they can be hard rockin' and melodic at the same time.

With Sammy, Jimmy can reasonably cover his existing material and still write new stuff in a similar style but yet still be different enough as to not be compared to the same old thing.

Just a brief contribution....I seem to recall that when Montrose started out,their stated intention was to be the American Led Zeppelin.There was some other stuff about Zep playing'American music' and an real American band should be doing what they[iE-Zep] do. Have a listen to that first Montrose record and see if that description/mission statement fits. Caveat-this is just from memory,albeit a strong memory that has been checked a few times.I seem to recall that the whole thing came from a position of respect but there was a definite sense of wanting to knock Zep off their perch,as it were.May expalin Hagar's desire to work with JP .Maybe he simply never stopped liking him and Zep?

That first Montrose album was a monster of a record. The next one, not so much. I also recall an interview back then after Ronnie Montrose fired Hagar from that band and that wasn't pretty to read at all. I never quite heard a Zeppelin connection though, just one truly great hard rock album.

I do believe Hagar has a long history of personal alienating nonsense and it started way before his tenure in VH. Joe Satriani must really need a big paycheck.

Archived