When Giants Walked the Earth: New Mick Wall Interview

ClassicCali

Wish granted. B) I prefer autobiographies anyway. I'd rather hear it straight from the horses mouth, if you will.

It's like this, Led Zeppelin fans are always going on about how much they respect the members of the band, but they keep buying into this sort of shit that the members want to distance themselves from.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be constantly reminded of all the bad decisions and poor behaviors I may/ or may not have exhibited in my youth. Whatever happened to privacy?

I wonder what really motivates 'fans'. Are they in support of the art, or are they just fantasizing?

I suppose it's about idolizing people such as the members of Zep and wanting to know everything about them. Whether they know certain things are exaggerated or fiction, they still want to read about these things and perhaps draw their own conclusions as well. Why do lots of people buy the Enquirer and the rags over in the UK too. For the same reason I guess.

• 1 year later...

I saw this book today at Half-Price Books. I sat down and started reading some different passages. Sometimes, early on, it's hard to jump in and know what year he is talking about.

The book is like a gossip magazine published to paperback. Heresay evidence in many places.

Back then, there were no smart phones to be capturing 'bad' episodes, so, if you had a dark side to your past, your band's past, and the people that worked for the band, and, there was no photgraphic evidence for the events, would you want that all brought out into the open ?

While I read about the purported dark history of the band, it is not something that I would ever care to discuss or dissect here on the forum.

I doubt that Jimmy or Robert or Jonsey, would ever want to participate in a "tell all" book. The mystery uncovered is much more interesting for their legacy. :)

I would compare the way Mick Wall writes to the way Richard Cole writes:

Mick writes about dark topics, Richard writes darkly.

• 4 months later...

Archived