How about a Jimmy Page solo album with "guest singers"?

Tony Iommi did this with his 1st solo album in 2000. He had everyone from Billy Idol to Skin to Henry Rollins to Dave Grohl.

Carlos Santana did this as well with 2 of his albums.

It might be a great idea for Jimmy Page

Roger Daltrey, Sammy Hagar, Steven Tyler have all recently expressed deisre to record with Jimmy. THE LIST IS ENDLESS

Who would you pick? figure a 13 song cd with 3 or 4 instrumentals.

ok..... I'll go first

Chriis Cornell

Todd Rundgren

Ian Gillan

Eric Clapton / voice and dual gtr

Jack White

Anne Wilson

Roy Harper

Chris Farlowe

Peter Hammill

Tori Amos

plus an instrumental with Jeff Beck

Tony Iommi did this with his 1st solo album in 2000. He had everyone from Billy Idol to Skin to Henry Rollins to Dave Grohl.

Roger Daltrey, Sammy Hagar, Steven Tyler have all recently expressed deisre to record with Jimmy. THE LIST IS ENDLESS

ok..... I'll go first

Chriis Cornell

Todd Rundgren

Ian Gillan

Jack White

Anne Wilson

Roy Harper

Chris Farlowe

Peter Hammill

Tori Amos

Interesting concept. Don't know how much it would "sell" though. A recording project with Plant, Jones and Jason Bonham would "sell" in a big way. Given how much time has passed with nothing from JP it seems more likely that he's retired. Website notwithstanding. Just my opinion. I'd love to hear some new music from Page though.

I hope he just does just a project to please himself. as eclectic and weird as he wants to be, no need for a vocalist even.

But as time passes, I too think he has hung it up for good.

I'm with you on that. Unfortunately, it seems that the only thing that would please him is some sort of project with his old bandmates rather than move "ever onwards". Kinda of sad to imagine what it must be like for him to sit back and watch his old partner take the music world by storm and continue to innovate ( as Zep surely did) with AK and now BOJ and continue to sucessfully move forward in new musical directions. If he is planning to release something it's doubtful that he would do such a thing while Plant is so visible and viable as an artist. The comparisons in the press would be tough to deal with. Even if he did just do it for himself ( which would be great) there would be no escaping those comparisons. As a fan I would like to see him do something but time is passing. His contribution to music is assured. Legacy intact. Retirement is not a bad thing.

I hope he just does just a project to please himself. as eclectic and weird as he wants to be, no need for a vocalist even.

that's actually what I would prefer. but he tends to team up with a singer.

no lone singer could really stand in robert plant's or zeppelin's shadow.... example david coverdale... there's some great stuff on CP that was so overlooked.

Something like this might be popular here, after reading some of the posts throughout this forum. Glee-Dream-On-Official-Single-Cover.jpg With Steve Tyler (now with American Idol) or a gay themed GLEE vocalist. Either way, what a crock of shit !

Steven tyler's on American Idol?

i thiought if a singer had a recording contract and was 63 years old they wouldn't be allowed to compete?!!!

no shit i hope he does well ......................................

Steven tyler's on American Idol?

i thiought if a singer had a recording contract and was 63 years old they wouldn't be allowed to compete?!!!

no shit i hope he does well ......................................

He's a judge on American Idol.

Anyone who's been watching the bright and shiny new season of "American Idol" would likely agree that the addition of new judge Steven Tyler has added a wacky and even more unpredictable element to the show.

mtv.com/news/articles/1659975/american-idol-judges

now that he's buddies with the edge i vote for Bono.........:blink:

spose i'd prefer to see him do a guitar heroes kinda album with clapton ,beck, maybe van halen, satriani, angus, buckingham....i dunno......insert guitar player here

maybe some vocals with .....who knows...........see what that guy from journey's been doing the last 25 years......besides eating twinkies

or julian lennon seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.......bring him out of mothballs :P

ok..... I'll go first

Chriis Cornell

Todd Rundgren

Ian Gillan

Jack White

Anne Wilson

Roy Harper

Chris Farlowe

Peter Hammill

Tori Amos

i forgot to include the person that I was thinking of when I started this.. Bowie

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be great and fascinating to hear him with Elizabeth Fraser of Cocteau Twins. I think it would force him out of the rock mould and into more ethereal territory.

I'd also like to see him with John Lydon, I don't think he'd put up with anything standard. I think it would be interesting to see him with Fred Schneider of the B 52s.

I'd like to see what Morrisey would sound like with him. I'd like to see him with Robert Smith of The Cure. I'd like to see him with the singer from Interpol.

I think it would be great and fascinating to hear him with Elizabeth Fraser of Cocteau Twins. I think it would force him out of the rock mould and into more ethereal territory.

I'd also like to see him with John Lydon, I don't think he'd put up with anything standard. I think it would be interesting to see him with Fred Schneider of the B 52s.

I'd like to see what Morrisey would sound like with him. I'd like to see him with Robert Smith of The Cure. I'd like to see him with the singer from Interpol.

Interesting collaborations BMV. Although, Porl Thompson The Cure's guitarist played with Jimmy and Robert back in 1995 on their tour. So maybe Jimmy has the 80's New Wave connection to begin with.

ok..... I'll go first

Chriis Cornell

Todd Rundgren

Ian Gillan

Jack White

Anne Wilson

Roy Harper

Chris Farlowe

Peter Hammill

Tori Amos

This is more like a topic you'd get on the Sheryl Crow site. Who hasn't or wouldn't she play with. Although, ironically, I wouldn't mind if she did something with Jimmy Page, as long as she left the drum-programing out.

This is more like a topic you'd get on the Sheryl Crow site. Who hasn't or wouldn't she play with. Although, ironically, I wouldn't mind if she did something with Jimmy Page, as long as she left the drum-programing out.

Can't say I've been on a Sheryl Crow web site ... I'll take your word for it.. : >)

Page actually kind of did this already with Outrider... 3 different singers.. DW2 had 2 singers.

I'd love to see him do another film score... but that's for another thread.

• 1 month later...

Archived