How the west won - video footage?

Hey fellow Led Zeppelin fans,

I've been listening to the album How the west won for about 3 years now (still doesnt bore me).

For me this is their best performance ever (thats why they probebly remasterd this perticular concert tour).

But im wandering if there is any video footage of it. ive searched everywhere and cant find it. even on the official website

Supposebly the concert you hear on the album is the 1972 North American Tour with performances commencing on May 27 and concluding on June 28 at the L.A. forum and the Long Beach Arena.

If anyone could help me out with this it would be much appreciated.

Tnx

Hey fellow Led Zeppelin fans,

I've been listening to the album How the west won for about 3 years now (still doesnt bore me).

For me this is their best performance ever (thats why they probebly remasterd this perticular concert tour).

But im wandering if there is any video footage of it. ive searched everywhere and cant find it. even on the official website

Supposebly the concert you hear on the album is the 1972 North American Tour with performances commencing on May 27 and concluding on June 28 at the L.A. forum and the Long Beach Arena.

If anyone could help me out with this it would be much appreciated.

Tnx

The L.A. show is from June 25 and Long Beach on the 27th. Concluded the tour in Tucson. No full clips out there. Just possibly some brief ones. Try YT or check the video section on this site.

It's hilarious how the dates before and after were filmed. (June 22 and June 28)

I just wonder how much footage hasn't surfaced from greedy hoarders or canisters of film left in a attic or drawer and forgotten about. I would think someone filmed some of the 6-25-72 out of all those people that went.

• 3 weeks later...

(IMHO) Their best performance ever was in March 1973 in Germany.

Are you talking particular songs or overall performance? I think the band itself was in a groove on this part of the tour. Really great stuff, but Robert wasn't singing at his best as his voice was starting to go. But he was better than he was back in January, during the UK dates. Musically, they may have been at their best. Hamburg and Offenburg were exceptional in March 1973. Any other dates you'd like to add?

Archived