Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
zepps_apprentice

1951 Precision Bass

I'm planning to buy my 3rd bass, a Squier '50s Precision Bass. Doing a little more research I found that the original bridge to the original '51 bass had 2 saddles, unlike this bass, and you fed the string through the back of the bass. Would that little difference make a difference in sound. And could I somehow make the Squier like that?

Edited by zepps_apprentice

I strongly suggest that you invest in a bit more quality product, because Squiers just dont get that good sound that real Fender basses usually get. Granted, changing some of its components will improve the sound but obviously you can't change the wood its made of out or things like that. smile.gif

I strongly suggest that you invest in a bit more quality product, because Squiers just dont get that good sound that real Fender basses usually get. Granted, changing some of its components will improve the sound but obviously you can't change the wood its made of out or things like that. smile.gif

Haha, true. But the only Fender made Telecaster bass is a Japan made one, that goes for around $1,600 (if my conversions are correct)

I picked up a new Sting Model Fender Bass for $500 a few years back. Very good quality at a good price. The Sting model is basically a Fender Precision Bass.