INDIA VS. SRI LANKA TODAY!

Strider

With all the Europeans/Asians/Aussies & UK'ers on this board I would have thought someone would have started a Cricket World Cup thread but I guess not too many cricket fans here.

Due to my friendships with a few Indians I am pulling for India and was very happy they got past Pakistan in the semis.

Today is the Cup Final with India taking on Sri Lanka. Make no mistake...I haven't a clue about the rules and regulations of the sport and haven't yet been able make sense of crickets scoring system and the lingo.

But I find the sport fascinating to watch and when I was in England I was taken to a couple Test Matches and was enthralled by the entire ritual of the sport...the uniforms, the customs, the sheer epic length of the matches.

Of course, my first fascination with cricket began in the 70's when I saw that photo of Jimmy Page in the cricket gear weilding his guitar like a bat.

Well CONGRATS to India! Not that anyone cares.

Yes, the Aussies usually rule the cricket world, so it's refreshing to have a new Cup champion cor a change.

But alas, apparently no love for cricket here. All I need to do to create the least popular thread is combine cricket and radiohead in one post.

Big cricket fan here! Was stoked NZ made it into the semi-finals after the shocking run of form we had leading up to the cup, everyone was expecting us to bow out in the quarters. We would have won that game if it wasn't for the atrocious batting collapse towards the end of the NZ innings we would have won that game. Can't believe they lost 6 wickets in 20ish runs!

Archived