So the naysayers finally get smacked!

"Robert can't hit the high notes"

"Jimmy hasn't played for years"

"Dave Grohl would be a better choice"

Six months of this shit we've had to endure. Well guess what bitches! I just watched a half dozen songs on YouTube. Robert wailed, Jimmy rocked, Jonesy was, well Jonesy, and Jason was spot on. They were tighter than on many shows I have from the post-Earl's Court era.

I have been among those confident that this would be a dagger to those who said it couldn't be done. And I've been so disgusted by the people saying they can't pull it off, (hell, some even suggested that Page's finger injury was a tactic!) that I've had to push away from the keyboard and get away from the forums.

Well, that's over now! Led Zeppelin (and it WAS Led Zeppelin) slayed! And now we can smile knowingly. This was no Live Aid. No Atlantic 40th. This was the event that dispelled it all. Stand back and try to remember to breathe! They showed everybody! Ye who were of so little faith can kiss my ass! :beer:

Dave Grohl certainly enjoyed himself, clapping singing and cheering along like a good un, and with a huge smile on his face all the time too.

Me, i just feel priveleged to have been their to see one of the greatest rock bands in history.

:-)

Well I'm more disgusted that all these bastards that probably didn't give a sh!t about Led Zeppelin 2 months ago managed to get tickets and saw the gig while MILLIONS of fans who adored them had no chance.

Journos, minor celebs. Ian fucking Wright got in there fer feck's sake. The other week on Talksport he said he didn't know much about them. Last night he was in there.

Now THAT is what pisses me off. :angry:

Well I'm more disgusted that all these bastards that probably didn't give a sh!t about Led Zeppelin 2 months ago managed to get tickets and saw the gig while MILLIONS of fans who adored them had no chance.

Journos, minor celebs. Ian fucking Wright got in there fer feck's sake. The other week on Talksport he said he didn't know much about them. Last night he was in there.

Most of the people standing around me were Zep fans, but the corporate seating had a noticeable number of men in suits and women with posh frocks. Most of the corporate seats were empty until Zep came on and missed the excellent support acts (Foreigner aside). If I had paid for a seat I would have been annoyed that the 'guests' were closer to the stage than the real fans.

Spot on mate!

i was at knebworth 1979 cant remember much zepp didnt come on till about 12oclock at night and i was only 18 and pissed by then

but saw page and plant at the silver cleff awards again at knebwoth and saw them at wembly when they dune the page and plant tour .

i was gutted i did not get picked out for this concert for the simple fact that myself and four of my friends have been zeppelin fans prakticly all our lives and know for a fact that 10% of the people there on monday night couldnt give shit about the band they just had to be there becouse it was the place to be.

They did it! They fucking did it! I never doubted them, but it's so nice to know the doubters are truly gobsmacked! Bless their pointed heads! Maybe now they'll get what we've been raving and drooling about all these years! Welcome to the other side!

There's all the bands in the world.

Then there's Led Zeppelin. :beer:

ain't it the truth.

"Robert can't hit the high notes"

"Jimmy hasn't played for years"

"Dave Grohl would be a better choice"

Six months of this shit we've had to endure. Well guess what bitches! I just watched a half dozen songs on YouTube. Robert wailed, Jimmy rocked, Jonesy was, well Jonesy, and Jason was spot on. They were tighter than on many shows I have from the post-Earl's Court era.

I have been among those confident that this would be a dagger to those who said it couldn't be done. And I've been so disgusted by the people saying they can't pull it off, (hell, some even suggested that Page's finger injury was a tactic!) that I've had to push away from the keyboard and get away from the forums.

Well, that's over now! Led Zeppelin (and it WAS Led Zeppelin) slayed! And now we can smile knowingly. This was no Live Aid. No Atlantic 40th. This was the event that dispelled it all. Stand back and try to remember to breathe! They showed everybody! Ye who were of so little faith can kiss my ass! :beer:

:notworthy::beer: (I would offer you a bowl if we had a smiley for one).

It's been a little over 39 years since they first got on stage and they are still the best f'n act in the world

I never doubted LED ZEP was the best band ever...

Now they just can be PROUD of what they did!

And we can go on shouting WE LOVE LED ZEP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen.

LZ, 39 years later, still pushing the boundaries of what rock is about, what it can do. Jimmy still eclipses every other guitarist. Bless him. This all validates my lifelong refusal to “grow up and give up Zep”. Listening to them takes all of my logical ideas about music – and time and space and reason – and throws them out the window. Watching them makes clear to me what rock is all about – and the power it holds. Led Zeppelin. :notworthy:

I will also have to add....lets let the exitement die down a bit.........THEN go back and watch/listen. I've read a few comments on this board last night saying the show was like being back in 72. :o (not evebn fookin close!!!) There was also exitement on the Outrider tour, the P&P tours, and the P&Crowes tour......seems everytime Jimmy hits the stage people tend to look through rose colored glasses in the days after a gig. Sure it was Jones that put this one over the top....he DOES make a huge difference. A bassist that confidantly attacks instead of phoning it in like Charlie Jones has done. And for once Jason was sitting behind a kit that did'nt sound like cardboard boxes. 1/2 of being able to accurately recreate Zep on drums comes from the kit itself!

I bet in two months time....after the smoke clears.....there will be many nitpicking this show apart. Then more flame wars will begin. Zep fans are a fickle bunch. It's a love/hate thing that's for sure!

I bet in two months time....after the smoke clears.....there will be many nitpicking this show apart. Then more flame wars will begin. Zep fans are a fickle bunch. It's a love/hate thing that's for sure!

Surely they will! :lol:

From what I've seen and heard, it was clearly not the trainwreck so many claimed it would be. They sounded good and tight. Zep of '72? Please, let's be real! I do think they proved what needed saying. Not saying it was flawless, but clearly many in the audience felt the magic, and that's what it's about. ;)

Archived