So the naysayers finally get smacked!

Seen the vids and from what I can make out tight as f**k ! Good points by everyone all round. I like many was crossing fingers and hoping they would nail it. How could I have EVER doubted them ! Roll on the DVD. On this performance surely other dates with diff set lists ?...... an accoustic set?..... and oh we can only dare to dream... new material ?? now that really would break the levee !

Furthermore, I would also like to say they sounded really tight......about at the cusp of how tight live Zep should ever venture to be. P&P was even more rehearsed sounding to my ears.....and again, I have to give as much credit as possible to none other than John Paul Jones. He is fucking crazy glue in a 55 gal drum!!!

but as for it being one of the best Zep shows ever.......won't make the top 100 IMO.....most anticipated?? By all means.......but which other show ever had 27 yrs of deafening silence as a buildup?

I'm sure alot of the younger users that were'nt alive when Zep played their last full performance will think this was the greatest night on earth. Well, admittedly, I thought the same directly following the 8 different tours I saw Page perform live (one of them a guest spot) In hindsight, and having audio and video to look back on those events.....for many of them I can now say "What the fuck was I thinking?" Not that last6 night's performance will ever come to that, but it was'nt exactly life changing IMO. Great show, great vibe, smiles all around.....they pulled off the imposible w/ flying colors! Cheers to JPJ and Jason...it was their night IMO.

"Robert can't hit the high notes"

"Jimmy hasn't played for years"

"Dave Grohl would be a better choice"

Six months of this shit we've had to endure. Well guess what bitches! I just watched a half dozen songs on YouTube. Robert wailed, Jimmy rocked, Jonesy was, well Jonesy, and Jason was spot on. They were tighter than on many shows I have from the post-Earl's Court era.

I have been among those confident that this would be a dagger to those who said it couldn't be done. And I've been so disgusted by the people saying they can't pull it off, (hell, some even suggested that Page's finger injury was a tactic!) that I've had to push away from the keyboard and get away from the forums.

Well, that's over now! Led Zeppelin (and it WAS Led Zeppelin) slayed! And now we can smile knowingly. This was no Live Aid. No Atlantic 40th. This was the event that dispelled it all. Stand back and try to remember to breathe! They showed everybody! Ye who were of so little faith can kiss my ass! :beer:

To quote an old 70's saying: "RIGHT ON!!!"

I was surprised that people doubted this band could pull it off. When they commit to something, they never do it half-way. (Live Aid & Atlantic Anniversay show are exceptions to the rule).

Just watched Kashmir, Stairway, GT/BT.....

I have no words..

only tears.

Just think how powerful it was for us there!

They paid tribute to their ability. Not only that, they are at one end of a long line of recent reunions, leading end! All the others were left in the wake of Legends - and Led Zeppelin didn't do it for money either. The doubter’s maybe thought that they had something to prove and no-doubt would have welcomed a flat uninspired performance. But this was Led Zeppelin with nothing to prove to themselves or their true fans and now they delivered pure magic for over two hours.

It wasn’t clinical and it had tech issues but that’s live music; raw and full of real passion and energy. That made it perfect for me and the real Led Zeppelin fans. Go buy a CD if you want it different! It was such a powerful night full of emotion and raw energy in the crowd and from the band; I had tears in line before the show and was stunned, shocked and awed when they came of stage. That would have been enough but then they delivered beyond my expectations. IMToD, No Quarter and Kashmir were so powerful - more tears of joy to the point of panic at a dawning that Kashmir was likely to be the last in the main set.

Thanks and respect

Evster,

As usual spot on. I never talked smack, but I did have a little uncertainty that things might go the way of many post 75 shows. Watching the vids a 2 AM last night dispelled all of it. Evster and I met at a Pink Floyd show in Oakland in 1994. I wish we could have met up again at this show. I know we are sharing the same buzz at the moment.

Think of all the people that are still on vacation in London and will not get home to a computer for a few days. The amount of video is going to be posted on the web will keep us busy until the a high quality DVD is available in Japan and I bet they will turn "the Caveman" loose on it, and then we get n official release. They want the world to see this or I sure hope they do.

Did anyone notice Jimmy's Orange amps had the 'an" missing? So it said "ORGE"? (ORGY anyone?)

Thanks to John Bonham, Jimmy, John Paul, Robert and Jason for enriching our lives a soundtrack of memories associated with the tunes. You should be and must be proud.

Peace from Nor Cal.

I'll bet it's a load off the band member's shoulders, having pulled off the reunion so well. Especially for Jason, who it sounds like surpassed everyone's expectations. I think anyone would have felt some pressure in that situation. Now with Page saying he has come up with some really good material that he would not put in a solo album................

It's time to deal with newer expectations!!!!!

The sooner the better. My hair is getting grey too!......................

"A load off their shoulders..."

That probably sums it up best! Obviously expectations were high and there were potential pitfalls being talked about regarding each one of them. I am just glad to see they all clicked and did a hell of a show! Regardless of everyone's opinion about the best of this or that, everything worked out and we may get more shows as a result of it all going well!

Nice One Evster, Stick it to 'em!

Anyone who expected it to be like the 70's was deluding themselves and anyone who was expecting a Live Aid/Atlantic 40th car-crash wasn't paying much attention. The clips on Youtube (before Warner B@$tards had 'em pulled) convinced me that this is still THE best live act around and we can only hope for some product from last night and/or a tour of somesort.

Fly on Zeppelin, Fly On!

AS A LIFE LONG FAN... THERE WAS NEVER ANY DOUBT. HAVING SEEN PLANT/PAGE DURING THEIR SECOND TOUR TOLD ME ALL I NEEDED TO KNOW, THEY WERE PRACTICALLY ZEP THEN. FUNNY, I REMEMBER SITTING AT THE SHOW AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY BY HOW GOOD THEY WERE AND THEN TAKING A LOOK AROUND ONLY TO SEE THE ARENA NOT EVEN SOLD OUT. I GUESS THAT SINCE IT WASNT CALLED ZEPPELIN... IT WASNT WORTH SOME PEOPLES TIME. THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE CLAIMING THEY WOULD NEVER PULL IT OFF. MAYBE THEY WOULD HAVE KNOWN IF THEY WERE FANS AND KEPT UP WITH THE MEMBERS CAREERS. WHO SAYS JIMMY HASNT PLAYED IN YEARS? THE TOURED TWICE WITH PLANT AND THEN TOURED WITH THE CROWS. PEOPLE NEED TO GET A CLUE. I WAS NOT THE LEAST BIT SURPRISED, ONLY EMOTIONALLY MOVED. US TRUE FANS DESERVE A TOUR!! FUCK THOSE CLOWNS.

Six months of this shit we've had to endure. Well guess what bitches! I just watched a half dozen songs on YouTube. Robert wailed, Jimmy rocked, Jonesy was, well Jonesy, and Jason was spot on. They were tighter than on many shows I have from the post-Earl's Court era.

I have been among those confident that this would be a dagger to those who said it couldn't be done. And I've been so disgusted by the people saying they can't pull it off, (hell, some even suggested that Page's finger injury was a tactic!) that I've had to push away from the keyboard and get away from the forums.

Well, that's over now! Led Zeppelin (and it WAS Led Zeppelin) slayed! And now we can smile knowingly. This was no Live Aid. No Atlantic 40th. This was the event that dispelled it all. Stand back and try to remember to breathe! They showed everybody! Ye who were of so little faith can kiss my ass! :beer:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy::beer:

I'm so glad that they finally managed to pull it off, a big finger to the haters (including people outside the Zep community) that always points to Live Aid and Atlantic 40th stating that "Zep sucks". I can't tell the joy I felt within me after watching the videos, and the negative asshole on The Rush Forum swallowing his words. ("Oh great just a few weeks more till they ruin their crumbled legacy" blah blah) It was about time that our boys got on stage and showed them idiots how it's done!

Jason killed! Robert's voice was PERFECT, Jimmy was amazing, I really didn't excpect such an outstanding performance from him considering his age and his hand! And Jonesy glued it all together!

If there ever comes and official dvd of this I'll be in fucking Nirvana, I'd be more geeked about that than I was for the new TSRTS, honestly!

They did it Ahmet! :beer:

Beautiful Brother Ev......Led Zeppelin rules ! now and forever ! They are pure magic, and I mean that in the truest, purest sense...what they have is so much more than mere musical talent, the sound they make is a sound that will echo through the ages ! a sound made by Gods !

Seeing a few clips online has nearly brought tears to my eyes.

Nearly?? I cried like a goddam baby at my PC whilst watching Good Times Bad Times on YouTube!!!!

But you are all correct... the naysayers have been proven to be a bunch of Negative No-nothings. And, Hard Fi? I've got your dinosaur right here, assholes.

Damn, this has got me psyched!!

We need more live shows. I might have mentioned that a couple of other times. It needs more mentioning. This is like a dream come true..................................We need a tour, please!!!!

Absofuckinglutely right!!!!!

Great to have ya back kicking ass fella :beer:

You seem like a considerate guy. I am too, the last time I checked. But wouldn't it be fun to just give all those jerks the finger?

Archived