So the naysayers finally get smacked!

Hey Evster,,I TOTALLY agree! The Zep have arrived.....again! This band is and always will be the masters of their game. We can only hope and pray that they felt the "Presence" and will decide to give their devoted fans what we crave! A GREAT TOUR of the US as only they could give.

but as for it being one of the best Zep shows ever.......won't make the top 100 IMO.....most anticipated?? By all means.......but which other show ever had 27 yrs of deafening silence as a buildup?

We'll have to agree to differ on this one!

For me a truly great gig is about much more than just the performance. There's a whole load of emotional factors to consider. I totally loved all the Cream gigs a couple of years back, and a big ingredient of that was the fact that I had never seen them, and never thought I would get to see them.

Ditto with Led Zeppelin...over 28 years since my last Zep gig, how could that not be a element in appraising this fantastic concert?

Alright, no Bonzo...but Jason is his father's son, bloody great drummer, and well suited to LZ MkII.

"Robert can't hit the high notes"

"Jimmy hasn't played for years"

"Dave Grohl would be a better choice"

Six months of this shit we've had to endure. Well guess what bitches! I just watched a half dozen songs on YouTube. Robert wailed, Jimmy rocked, Jonesy was, well Jonesy, and Jason was spot on. They were tighter than on many shows I have from the post-Earl's Court era.

I have been among those confident that this would be a dagger to those who said it couldn't be done. And I've been so disgusted by the people saying they can't pull it off, (hell, some even suggested that Page's finger injury was a tactic!) that I've had to push away from the keyboard and get away from the forums.

Well, that's over now! Led Zeppelin (and it WAS Led Zeppelin) slayed! And now we can smile knowingly. This was no Live Aid. No Atlantic 40th. This was the event that dispelled it all. Stand back and try to remember to breathe! They showed everybody! Ye who were of so little faith can kiss my ass! :beer:

Have as many cigars as u need evster..yr bang on the money..due 2 a combo of family holiday,me being just 13 etc i missed knebby...my day said you can see them next time.....i did last nght..and it was worth every second of waiting(i forgave him btw.."been a long time" tho)i wanted to hug them all last night..i wanted to hug everybody...there's led zeppelin...and then there's everybody else...i'm 2 fucked aftr a manic few days getting there and getting back home but let's big it up 4 jason...and RP,JPJ and Jimmy..you delivered...big time and if your sun refuses to shine on stage again...you did it..and to all who werent there,maybe last night will be playing on a loop in a parallel universe...sorry,more than words can say here...i'll ramble on..but in my time of dying..i want nobody to mourn...i saw the very greatest rock n roll band ever last night...take my body home

Watching the video uploads and some of the pics have been very emotional for me.

I cried watching some of the video and pictures.

I only cried like that on two other occasions.

My wedding day, and the birth of my son.

I can't imagine what it would have done to me to actually be there, being a fan of theirs since I was a small child, that has only grown over the years into fever pitch since seeing JP and RP live in Minneapolis in '98 and JP stole the show. Yes, before then, all I had eyes for was RP. Now I know better.

I am so happy that JPJ was able to join them for this concert. He is an amazing gifted, musician, and all too often overlooked.

Hats off to Jason Bonham.

He did an amazing job beating those skins. At one point in Kashmir, I think his father actually took over his body. God Bless you John B, wherever you are.

Thanks to Led Zeppelin, for one more ride.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

It was great! Beyond words!

Exactly Ev (referring back to 1st post). The guys were completely beyond amazing. And it brought a tear to the eye to see Jimmy so happy to be on again that he was dancing around that stage like it was 1973. I feel utterly honored and awed to have been there.

One thing that struck me later; at the O2 there were the predictable motormouth musicians (for want of a better term) like Liam & Noel Gallagher, Richard Ashcroft, Bobby Gillespie etc - the types who routinely state that their bands' are the best in the world. They must have been sat there watching Zeppelin with their jaws open and realising that they are nowhere remotely near. They are boys among men. Zeppelin rocked like absolute motherf*ckers on Monday.

"Robert can't hit the high notes"

/quote]

Well, I'm afraid I have to agree. Robert can't hit the nigh notes anymore. Honestly, compare his voice now to '77 even, and there's no way Robert could sing as high as he once did. That doesn't take away from the fact that he's still a great vocalist and always has been. But from the snippets I heard at the London performance, I just don't think Robert can hit the high notes anymore. He still could still do it back in the 90's but now, his vocal range is rather limited.

• 1 month later...

Archived