JPJ Performing with Spin Marvel 4/30

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Cheltenham Jazz Festival » Spin Marvel / Sat 30 Apr / 5:15pm / Arena

Electronica jazz group Spin Marvel is led by the former Loose Tubes drummer Martin France, and features some of Europe's finest musicians including celebrated trumpeter Nils Petter Molvaer. For this performance they are also joined by special guest John Paul Jones, of Led Zeppelin & Them Crooked Vultures, on bass guitar. Praised for their use of textural soundscape and colour they have developed a distinctly European sound that is highly inventive and compelling.

Line Up:

Martin France - Drums & Electronics

Nils Petter Molvaer - Trumpet

Terje Evensen - Live Electronics

John Paul Jones - Bass

http://www.cheltenha...j20-spin-marvel

Cheltenham Jazz Festival » Spin Marvel / Sat 30 Apr / 5:15pm / Arena

Electronica jazz group Spin Marvel is led by the former Loose Tubes drummer Martin France, and features some of Europe's finest musicians including celebrated trumpeter Nils Petter Molvaer. For this performance they are also joined by special guest John Paul Jones, of Led Zeppelin & Them Crooked Vultures, on bass guitar. Praised for their use of textural soundscape and colour they have developed a distinctly European sound that is highly inventive and compelling.

Line Up:

Martin France - Drums & Electronics

Nils Petter Molvaer - Trumpet

Terje Evensen - Live Electronics

John Paul Jones - Bass

http://www.cheltenha...j20-spin-marvel

There it is, JPJ taking no prisoners. Not held back by any expectations or typicalities. He still likes to explore the new, weird and the wonderful. For me, he's a real giant. Once he had TCV out, I had a hard time caring too much about what Page or Plant were doing.

• 3 weeks later...

There it is, JPJ taking no prisoners. Not held back by any expectations or typicalities. He still likes to explore the new, weird and the wonderful. For me, he's a real giant. Once he had TCV out, I had a hard time caring too much about what Page or Plant were doing.

Very well said, couldn't agree more. I'll be at the show, seeing him for the very first time!!! Seven days left to wait...

Spin Marvel with John Paul Jones on bass was very interesting and inspiring. And it's quite something to finally see Jonesy FOR REAL!!!!!! He did some great stuff with his splendid bass, I'd never heard anything like it! I am absolutely thrilled, this is one day I'll never forget.

Here are some pictures I took.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived