TOOL Thread

oziumrules

Finally found 10,000 Days at a decent price! Some of the prices were just outrageous! I love music but as a consumer, I absolutely hate being exploited. Just placed the order today and I cannot wait to receive it!

This is my favourite Tool album, to date, followed by Undertow. :stereo:

Cannot wait to see what 2018 holds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was my second or third Tool concert. They were the second band on a three-band bill. Henry Rollins Band was the headliner. Can't remember who the first band was as we had missed them by the time we arrived at Fairfax High School. The blast of steaming hot air hitting our faces as we waited to get inside the gym is still an indelible memory. I decided not to bring my tape recorder as I wanted to mosh during the show and just have a good time. It's hard to do that when you are taping and worrying about security and getting a good quality recording. I stationed myself in the pit and after Tool started playing, I slam-danced for a bit but then stopped as I was mesmerized by Maynard's reptilian stage-presence. But occasionally, I would launch guys in the air in the pit. I would bend down and cup my hands and they would put their foot in my hand and hold on to my shoulders for balance and I would flip them in the air to land on the crowd. By the end of Tool's set, there was practically a non-stop line of people waiting for me to launch them. I didn't want to spend all night doing that so I watched Henry Rollins from the bleachers.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, TypeO said:

Wow, not much buzz about the first new Tool in 13 years?

#Sadface

HI TypeO, I was thinking about you the other day wondering how you were, wondering if you were paying attention to this thread, I guess you were indeed. Fear Inoculum sounds really good, can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 4:13 PM, luvlz2 said:

HI TypeO, I was thinking about you the other day wondering how you were, wondering if you were paying attention to this thread, I guess you were indeed. Fear Inoculum sounds really good, can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Thanks, doing well.
Yes, FI sounds incredible and I can't wait for next Saturday.

Oddly enough, I kinda "missed" Lateralus when it came out, so I've dedicated the days leading up to the release to re-acquainting myself with the album.
And I've immediately had the title track become my favorite Tool song at this point.
Between the lyrics and the math and the intensity it's really the best song they've done to date, IMO.
The last 2 minutes starting around 7:20 are really as good as it gets, for me.

https://youtu.be/2uoG8yy5s78

Edited by TypeO

It actually makes me kinda sad that no one here has mentioned the new Tool release. I know it's "to each their own" when it comes to artistic preference, but this is an amazing release by an amazing group of musicians. This is music done for the sake of art, unchanging and unwavering, not Taylor Swift, King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard, or Lana Del Rey. This is music for people who understand music and don't just listen to it. 

Also, best drumming on an album I've heard in forever.