Pleased to report that Zeppelin are still the Gods of rock

Forget any critical remarks that have been made, what I witnessed last night was an absolute phenomenon. So what that there was a little bit of feedback here and there, who cares ! My memories of last nights show will stay with me until the day I die. I had to pinch myself at times to make sure that it was all real and that I really was in the presence of such total and utter brilliance. The playlist would have been my Led Zeppelin wish list with possibly Achilles Last Stand, but hey lets not quibble over one track !! The lazers that surrounded Jimmy Page in his bow solo in Dazed and Confused blew my mind also the back screen effects that were shown during Kashmir were also simply awesome and matched the mood of the song to perfection. A few people that posted on this website that could not get tickets requested that we take in every last minute of the gig and not take it for granted. I certainly did that and truly wish that every Zeppelin fan in the world could have seen last night that 27 years may have gone by, but time has not blunted the sheer power of unquestionaby the best band in the world!! It was fitting that Ahmet Ertegun's passing should give birth to one of the best gigs of all time. Robert, Jimmy, John and Jason Thankyou. And not forgetting John Bonham who is still dearly missed but would have so proud of Jason last night.

Forget any critical remarks that have been made, what I witnessed last night was an absolute phenomenon. So what that there was a little bit of feedback here and there, who cares ! My memories of last nights show will stay with me until the day I die. I had to pinch myself at times to make sure that it was all real and that I really was in the presence of such total and utter brilliance. The playlist would have been my Led Zeppelin wish list with possibly Achilles Last Stand, but hey lets not quibble over one track !! The lazers that surrounded Jimmy Page in his bow solo in Dazed and Confused blew my mind also the back screen effects that were shown during Kashmir were also simply awesome and matched the mood of the song to perfection. A few people that posted on this website that could not get tickets requested that we take in every last minute of the gig and not take it for granted. I certainly did that and truly wish that every Zeppelin fan in the world could have seen last night that 27 years may have gone by, but time has not blunted the sheer power of unquestionaby the best band in the world!! It was fitting that Ahmet Ertegun's passing should give birth to one of the best gigs of all time. Robert, Jimmy, John and Jason Thankyou. And not forgetting John Bonham who is still dearly missed but would have so proud of Jason last night.

They didn't play many of my favourites songs (Friends, That's the Way, Levee), but did play Kashmir, Ramble On, and No Quarter which I wanted to hear live.

What struck me was that songs such as Rock and Roll, Black Dog etc, which I've only ever seen on DVD and have never been a big fan of, where completely different beasts live and the set list was an almost perfect set for the occassion. The stage show was also perfectly judged.

Great, great evening.

Archived