Oklahoma City,OK-The Myriad April 3, 1977

DavidZoso

This show gets a bad rap for the band being rusty but I just listened to the show again and hey yes it is only the 2nd show in almost 2 years but it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. In fact the version of In My Time of Dying has some really cool stop and start sections that I have never heard them play again. Anyway enjoy the photos.

Setlist:

The Song Remains The Same

Sick Again

Nobody's Fault But Mine

In My Time of Dying

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

Ten Years Gone

Battle of Evermore

Going to California

Black Country Woman

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

White Summer ~ Black Mountainside

Kashmir

(Out On the Tiles intro) Moby Dick

Jimmy Page solo

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway to Heaven

Encores:

Rock and Roll

Trampled Underfoot

Here is a photoset-pics are small but some cool shots.

My link

638.jpg

1802.jpg

Since I've been Loving You

1953.jpg

No Quarter

1952.jpg

Kashmir

ok77-a.jpg

Kashmir

ok77-b.jpg

Guitar solo

636.jpg

Guitar solo

1947.jpg

Violin Bow solo

635.jpg

Violin Bow solo

633.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

1948.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

634.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

639.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

lz19770403_13.jpg

Beginning of Rock and Roll

1949.jpg

This show gets a bad rap for the band being rusty but I just listened to the show again and hey yes it is only the 2nd show in almost 2 years but it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. In fact the version of In My Time of Dying has some really cool stop and start sections that I have never heard them play again. Anyway enjoy the photos.

Setlist:

The Song Remains The Same

Sick Again

Nobody's Fault But Mine

In My Time of Dying

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

Ten Years Gone

Battle of Evermore

Going to California

Black Country Woman

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

White Summer ~ Black Mountainside

Kashmir

(Out On the Tiles intro) Moby Dick

Jimmy Page solo

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway to Heaven

Encores:

Rock and Roll

Trampled Underfoot

Here is a photoset-pics are small but some cool shots.

My link

Stairway to Heaven

634.jpg

I am a guitar player myself and (based on the fingering) this picture could also be The Song Remains The Same.

I am a guitar player myself and (based on the fingering) this picture could also be The Song Remains The Same.

I had thought it could be The Song Remains the Same because Jimmy didn't wear the sun glasses on some of these early dates-in fact I think the first show was Chicago 4-10-77 where he wore sun glasses. Also he already looks kinda sweaty to be the first number so that is why I went with Stairway.

I thought the second to last picture in the first post was one of the Chicago dates?

No that second to last pic is for sure Oklahoma(it is listed as such in all 4 of my Neal Preston books- he being the photographer who took those last 3 pics on here.)-although up until Cincinatti 4-19-77 Jimmy only wore plain white pants but with the white dragon top. Cincinatti 4-19-77 was the first show where he wore the full white dragon suit(pants). But I have just now seen some of these pics that are supposed to be Oklahoma listed as Chicago 4-6-77 and has a watermark with the photographers name which is Jim Summaria and he was based out of Chicago so a few of these I would have to change to Chicago but not the one you have in question. I will be revising and editing all these photo setlist threads when I transfer them to my webpage- which I am working on as I work on here to.

Some shows you know 100% they are what they are but some are mislabeled and it bothers me when I stumble across something I am not sure about as I want to give ya'll the most true details I can.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

David said:

"This show gets a bad rap for the band being rusty but I just listened to the show again and hey yes it is only the 2nd show in almost 2 years but it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. In fact the version of In My Time of Dying has some really cool stop and start sections that I have never heard them play again"

No, they certainly have done worse shows than OKC...Page seemed a little nervous; not necessarily unconfident but he is a little tentative in places, but what the hell! Not too shabby for two years off the road. Makes you wonder just how good the Dallas show was.

You can't really tell from the audience tape but they do a similar stop-start bit in IMTOD on the first Chicago gig as well. Then they ditched that arrangement and just played it straight. Too bad...it's a cool little variation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember some guy from OKLA. camped out with his RV in front of the Dallas Memorial Aud. to buy tickets for the Dallas show. He was first in line and those crazy ticket sellers sold him ---100--- tickets because there was such a massed crowd that morning. But, the stated ticket limit per person was 6-10 tickets..... He had OKC to go to, but had to be greedy and get the best of the Dallas tickets! (Remeber, that on that sale date, the ONLY place that tickets for the Dallas show were being sold, was at the box office).

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived