so, what did you have for dinner tonight?

slave to zep

hi all :wave:

i thought it may be interesting to tell what we all have on our dinner plates, seeing that we come from all corners of the world. :peace:

last night we had chicken breast pan fried with a store bought peri-peri sauce, and corn cobs and mixed veg. the jar said it was mild, but it was a bit too hot for my liking. :veryhot: ( i am a wuss! ). followed by a coffee. no sweets for me atm, trying to be good! :angel:

so..... whatjahave???

That sounds yummy! My husband made dinner tonight while I was driving carpool; we had hamburgers, fries, and some veggies. I had a little bit of ice cream later :blush: We've been using tea cups instead of bowls for ice cream lately because they don't hold as much! :)

Now this is a good thread!!!!! Seriously. Good idea!!!!

Tonight I made alaskan Halibut. I breaded it. First I wish I had some white wine to soak it in first but did not want to open a bottle tonight for that only. I would then coat with italian bread crumbs and like I make shrimp sometimes I cook it in unrefined virgin coconut oil. I buy a jar of Spectrum, about $9. It comes hard and is white. Get the oil hot but not ttoo hot, and then it will brown the fish quickly so I have a cephelon pan that I will then put in a 400 degree oven for ten to fifteen minutes. I often make crusted Talapia in coconut oil. I made some walnut brownies also tonight. I used to cook in restaurants so I do all of the cooking. I can make many dish's.

Now this is a good thread!!!!! Seriously. Good idea!!!!

Tonight I made alaskan Halibut. I breaded it. First I wish I had some white wine to soak it in first but did not want to open a bottle tonight for that only. I would then coat with italian bread crumbs and like I make shrimp sometimes I cook it in unrefined virgin coconut oil. I buy a jar of Spectrum, about $9. It comes hard and is white. Get the oil hot but not ttoo hot, and then it will brown the fish quickly so I have a cephelon pan that I will then put in a 400 degree oven for ten to fifteen minutes. I often make crusted Talapia in coconut oil. I made some walnut brownies also tonight. I used to cook in restaurants so I do all of the cooking. I can make many dish's.

Wow that sounds really good and you know you could have opened the bottle of wine and just drunk some (all)!

We had cheese ravioli, not homemade, I can cook Italian but am not good at rolling out pasta dough. Also Italian sausage and a mixed green salad. I've been working long hours so I cook 3 or 4 meals on Sunday and bring them out as needed.

Uoh, we can post here our recipes...

My dinner hasn't been anything special. I prefer my meal. I did "rissotto" (I LOVE italian cooking), but in my own way. A little of olive oil with a piece of garlic. Then a cup of white wine added, the rice and basil. Then water. Leave boil. When it's about to finish, add a bit of cheese and tomato. Melt everything :D And a bit of parsley to finish. Delicious!

Hi all,

Didn't we a recipe thread at one point? ;);)

Starter: a leftover pork shoulder soup(only the beloved few will get the recipe! :P )

Home made Swedish meatballs(not Abba!),over fresh egg noodles,dash of nutmeg and fresh mushrooms,.....

KB (Debbie J??? :whistling: )

ehm...nothing.:mellow:

I have a habit of skipping meals/ being too distracted to remember to eat. Oh, and a very variating appetit. But I hade some nice veggie schnitzels for lunch. Fried in some olive oil and spiced up with curry ketchup.

If I manage to eat dinner tomorrow I'll post it here.

Hi all,

Didn't we a recipe thread at one point? ;);)

Starter: a leftover pork shoulder soup(only the beloved few will get the recipe! :P )

Home made Swedish meatballs(not Abba!),over fresh egg noodles,dash of nutmeg and fresh mushrooms,.....

KB (Debbie J??? :whistling: )

You are right. There is a recipe thread somewhere. Too bad they cant combine the two? Hint hint. I put my beef stew recipe on there.

Made a batch of one of Sheldon Coopers faves...goes by different names but main ingredients are elbow macaroni, ground beef, chopped onion and diced tomato. Season to taste! Oh, made some croissants to go with it. Pillsbury, I'm no chef.

For desert, gotta have desert, a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream with peanuts and an ice coffee syrup poured over top.

Teebo

Homemade lentil soup with some leftover flank steak thrown in. Made by my husband, who (finally!) has a show for the next two weeks and knows if he doesn't leave me food, I'll starve... :)

oh wow, everything sounds so yummy!

i knew there was a recipe thread, but the idea was more just to see the types of meals people have in there own homes. y'know, just the everyday meals, rather than special recipes. :) maybe post every day, or when you log on?

but certainly, post away with the recipes, even better!

tonight we are having t-bone steak on the barbie, probably with potatoes and mived veg. i'm really trying to stay off desserts for awhile, but i do have some low-sugar, low-fat yogurt that taste really nice. today i bought home some that is citrus cheesecake flavour, and some that are caramel banana flavour.

and they really taste like the real thing!

Homemade lentil soup with some leftover flank steak thrown in. Made by my husband, who (finally!) has a show for the next two weeks and knows if he doesn't leave me food, I'll starve... :)

Had the same thing with fresh bakery bread. It's going to be my lunch as well ....:D

I made some walnut brownies. If I had it my way I would use coconut oil to get a taste of coconut in there. You will love it if you try it you coconuts!:lol:

I am having just hot dogs tonight. I may go back to a diet of no red meat soon. I would prefer eating fish, turkey, chicken etc.

I did BBQ steak and prawns skewers last night. Prawn marinade was preserved lemons [i make these myself for when I do a tagine B) ]

garlic , thyme, olive oil etc. Potato and onions were grilled in tinfoil packets.....

Nice way to watch a hockey game

I did BBQ steak and prawns skewers last night. Prawn marinade was preserved lemons [i make these myself for when I do a tagine B) ]

garlic , thyme, olive oil etc. Potato and onions were grilled in tinfoil packets.....

Nice way to watch a hockey game

sounds like my kinda meal! yum yum!

Archived