so, what did you have for dinner tonight?

slave to zep

Had dinner at a friend's house tonight. She made spinach and artichoke dip, then breaded flounder served over couscous with roasted green beans. And there was wine. And cookies. It was marvelous!!!

Had dinner at a friend's house tonight. She made spinach and artichoke dip, then breaded flounder served over couscous with roasted green beans. And there was wine. And cookies. It was marvelous!!!

I LOVE spinach and artichoke dip! :D

As it is Sunday it was a Traditional "Roast" with all the trimmings, and for pudding "Mississippi mud pie".

oh everything sounds so yummy!

mississippi mud pie? ooh that sounds nice, what's in that?

last night we had roast chicken with roasted potato, sweet potato, pumkin and other mixed veg. and we had a dollop of sour cream. yummo.

oh everything sounds so yummy!

mississippi mud pie? ooh that sounds nice, what's in that?

last night we had roast chicken with roasted potato, sweet potato, pumkin and other mixed veg. and we had a dollop of sour cream. yummo.

Hi 'slave' I will post in the recipe thread later.

Your Dinner sounds yummy too

Hi all,

Italian meatloaf,roasted garlic mashed,corn on the cob.Then Little Debbie's for dessert ;)

KB

little debbies? what's that????

edited to add: what's red and white lasagne?????

it's so interesting finding out about foods from around the world!

and virginia, there's lots of times when i'd like to just have cereal too!

oh, and last night it was just my son and i at home, and we just had some tiined soup. it was quite nice.

tonight we are going to have chicken breast and some salad with crunchy noodles and asian style mayo.

little debbies? what's that????

edited to add: what's red and white lasagne?????

it's so interesting finding out about foods from around the world!

and virginia, there's lots of times when i'd like to just have cereal too!

oh, and last night it was just my son and i at home, and we just had some tiined soup. it was quite nice.

tonight we are going to have chicken breast and some salad with crunchy noodles and asian style mayo.

Red and white lasagna is as simple as adding a top layer of Alfredo sauce and Parmesan cheese (shredded). Hence, the red (marinara) and white (alfredo).

Very tasty.

oh geez! this is another one i haven't heard of! is it like baked eggplant with parmesan cheese on top?

Thinly sliced eggplant with tomato sauce and parmasan cheese, with lovely Italian spices, baked to a gooey mess! :D

And since I don't cook, this was from one of my fave restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy - Sabatino's! Although I'm sure you can find many recipe variations online. If you like eggplant, you'll love this!!

Red and white lasagna is as simple as adding a top layer of Alfredo sauce and Parmesan cheese (shredded). Hence, the red (marinara) and white (alfredo).

Very tasty.

mmmm i love lasagne. i usually make it with a bolognaise sauce and a white ( bechamel ) sauce. :)

Thinly sliced eggplant with tomato sauce and parmasan cheese, with lovely Italian spices, baked to a gooey mess! :D

And since I don't cook, this was from one of my fave restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy - Sabatino's! Although I'm sure you can find many recipe variations online. If you like eggplant, you'll love this!!

aha! even better if you don't have to do the dishes! :D

tonight we are having rump steak cooked on the barbie, with beer batter wedges and veg. :)

Archived