Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
PIPPIN

Wembley Empire Pool - Slide projector on stage?

I have seen photos from the shows where there seems to be a slide projector at the front left of the stage.

Anyone know what images were being projected (if indeed slides were used)?

Somewhere on this site this was discussed previously - a few good photos were posted, it projected different shapes and patterns on Jimmy during his violin bow solo

They used a strobe light during Immigrant Song in Vancouver . Not sure if it was used again on the 71 tours :unsure:

Somewhere on this site this was discussed previously - a few good photos were posted, it projected different shapes and patterns on Jimmy during his violin bow solo

Mmmmmm........I wonder what shapes and patterns they were? Why only at that gig? I only thought lighting fx began during the bow till the 75 tour with lasers??

David, you always have the best info regarding pictures! Thanks!

Peace.

Hey - today just on a whim I asked an older British engineer at work if he by chance was at Knebworth - He said by 79 he was already in the states. But did say he saw Zeppelin at the Empire Pool in 71 & caught another show at the Lyceum. Is there a good audience recording of the Empire Pool gig? I have lots of shows but not much from 1971. Any suggs? I'd like to track the show down for him. Thanks!

Hey - today just on a whim I asked an older British engineer at work if he by chance was at Knebworth - He said by 79 he was already in the states. But did say he saw Zeppelin at the Empire Pool in 71 & caught another show at the Lyceum. Is there a good audience recording of the Empire Pool gig? I have lots of shows but not much from 1971. Any suggs? I'd like to track the show down for him. Thanks!

There are 2 sources for the Empire Pool show on the 20th show one is less complete. Tarantura has released both on disc.

Edited by juxtiphi