Zep Concert on on DVD

Well the clip of 'Black Dog' on the BBC came during the show and 'courtesy of Led Zeppelin' so this didn't happen by accident. As the whole thing is for a charity the boys obviously felt passionate enough about to actually reform AND because the whole thing, fedback and lack of cameras notwithstanding, is an historical document, it's inconceivable that the event will not be shared with the rest of the world via DVD and all the income that will bring to the charity.

As I say, my info is that it's IN PRODUCTION RIGHT NOW.

Yes, of course the Black Dog clip was given by the PR folks to the media.

The fact that they left themselves off the Live Aid DVD make me think they would want this event shown.

Peace

I am wondering if anybody knows whether the concert will be available on DVD. They could make a fortune off it. It they didn't film it, it's a tragedy for all us zep fans who couldn't get to the concert. Because I have feeling they won't tour.

Why would they NOT record it? They may choose not to release it (doubt it), but to skip the opportunity to capture that footage???

Rest assured there's plenty of vid.

Well I'm declaring myself very very very very very very VERY V E R Y excited about the prospects all over the Led Zeppelin shop. It's just hit me that I now live in a world where all of my heroes, young and old, are suddenly IN THE MIX, LIVE AND DANGEROUS. It's a great time to be a music addict.

I blame it all on McCartney having the cheek to suddenly come up with the goods live and in the studio at 65, and causing the age envelope to lengthen considerably for everybody younger than him and, conversely, to become totally irrelevant.

Older people have a perception that younger kids look at them and think 'They're too old'. Actually where we're at right now is a younger generation to whom nothing about age matters in the slightest.

When you have Zep on stage looking as cool as f8ck almighty, you're left with only middle-aged journalists worried about their midriff. The 'young' and the 'old' are just MAD FOR IT.

(Funniest report I've read about last night is about Liam Gallager and Paul McCartney fisting to the air like drunken madmen at every opportunity during the gig)

BRING THE NOISE!

I've just watched a piece on BBC News 24 which had some very good film of the gig (much better quality than most news stories) and it said at the bottom of the screen 'images courtesy of LED ZEPPELIN'!

I've now no doubt that it was professionally shot and we'll all be enjoying the result in the not to distant future. Not without a few Zeppelinesque delays though!

Hey all,

The o2 Arena gig was fantastic.

It was all we wanted from a certain generation.

There's only been 1m13s footage from "Black Dog" released so far officially.

And this was shown on the BBC whilst the band was still playing the rest of the gig.

They're also not ignorant or stupid enough to know that everyone has their own personal camera on them these days in the guise of a mobile phone.

In fact, to the 20.000 gathered in the o2 arena they were everything they wanted them to be.

It was an emotional experience for them as much as it was for me to be a witness.

They were paying tribute to their mentor and good friend Ahmet Ertegun. I was seeing the band i'd only ever dreamed about seeing play live and trying to imagine what it would have been like to see them tearing up the stage 30-35 years ago at least when they wanted to prove to the world that they were the ultimate band to see play in a live situation.

In short, If this show never sees the light of day, then it will be a real shame for the people there and the millions of unfortunate fans that wanted to see it on the night.

This was a fantastic show, fuelled by emotion, sentiment, and a longing to put things right after such a very long time.

Cheers!

As far as I know, the show was not formally filmed. There's just the cameras for the screens above the stage. I doubt Jimmy and the band would release a dvd from that.

Are you kidding? not 'formally filmed'? Have you SEEN the Black Dog footage which has already been released to the media? There are at least 8 camera setups in that footage - 2 dolly tracks, steadicam on the stage....this is not just a couple of cameras for the benefit of the people in the back row.

It's always kinda funny how some see this filming to provide footage for the screens as somehow 'not proper' :-)

It was the same with the Prince concerts.

It's as if they imagine that the footage shown on the screens is somehow shot on Palitoy cameras as opposed to Sony.

Weird.

Another thing is that despite what be vision-mixed live to the screens, the actual output of the cameras is recorded for possible editing later.

All I know is that at any concert I've been to, I'll gladly take a DVD of what was on the screens if nothing else is to be made available.

I think there's a speedy production process going on right now to get this out before the vibe disperses. The fact that they went to broadcast while the show was still in progress shows a sample of what's gonna be available. And IT IS HOT!

Are you kidding? not 'formally filmed'? Have you SEEN the Black Dog footage which has already been released to the media? There are at least 8 camera setups in that footage - 2 dolly tracks, steadicam on the stage....this is not just a couple of cameras for the benefit of the people in the back row.

Another thing is that despite what be vision-mixed live to the screens, the actual output of the cameras is recorded for possible editing later.

The fact that they went to broadcast while the show was still in progress shows a sample of what's gonna be available. And IT IS HOT!

Yes this is the same as the Knebworth footage on the DVD - maybe they would use the live mix as a rough-cut...

I agree it's amazing that the Black Dog clip was released so quickly, very unlike Zeppelin.

hey everybody,

I was browsing around online for any information regarding a possible DVD release for the O2 concert and I ran across this website that stated there would be a DVD. I'm not sure how reliable the site is but it looks promising. I just don't see why there wouldn't be a DVD release when there is so much money that could be made from it.

http://www2.kerrang.com/2007/12/led_zeppel..._reunion_d.html

Don't forget that the Earl's Court-1975 footage was taken entirely from footage shot for the big screens. And supposedly they had no intention of ever using it. And it looks great!

So I think a reunion DVD is a no-brainer. Just a matter of time.

hey everybody,

I was browsing around online for any information regarding a possible DVD release for the O2 concert and I ran across this website that stated there would be a DVD. I'm not sure how reliable the site is but it looks promising. I just don't see why there wouldn't be a DVD release when there is so much money that could be made from it.

http://www2.kerrang.com/2007/12/led_zeppel..._reunion_d.html

Kerrang is probably the foremost metal news site on the net, so yeah, I think it can be trusted.

I am wondering if anybody knows whether the concert will be available on DVD. They could make a fortune off it. It they didn't film it, it's a tragedy for all us zep fans who couldn't get to the concert. Because I have feeling they won't tour.

I was in the first row on the Floor of the O2 the other night for this amazing gig, probably the best Rock & Roll show I've ever seen, as I'm too young to have seen these guys in their prime of the 70s. However, due to my location 5 feet to the right of Jimmy Page just in front of the stage, I was able to talk for a few minutes with the guy who was running the HD cameras for the show.

He told me that there were 18 HD cameras being used to capture the show, and that is was "not just for use up on those screens tonight." This leads me to believe that there will definitely be a DVD at some point in the future, no telling how long Jimmy is going to want to take to work on putting it together though.

Hope you all LOVED THIS SHOW and THESE GUYS as much as I did.

BTW, if you were in que for the floor, I was the guy who was belting out the time announcements and getting us all ready for that amazing show. I personally can't wait for audio recordings or a DVD of this show. Simply fantastic.

I typed in "Led Zeppelin" on Wikipedia and it said under the 2007 reunion section that the show is a future DVD release. The rumor continues to build into a reality. XP

Behave...

It's on wikipedia.

The quality of Black Dog (the only thing thus far officially released) is astounding and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing got released, but we still know nothing.

He told me that there were 18 HD cameras being used to capture the show, and that is was "not just for use up on those screens tonight." This leads me to believe that there will definitely be a DVD at some point in the future

Obviously no expenses spared and it will make for a great DVD one day.

Today a DJ on WZLX here in Boston announced during their daily 7:00 pm zep set "Stairway to Seven" (loving that) that there would be a dvd of the show. Take it with a grain of salt, but ZLX is the biggest Classic Rock station in New England and have been around forever. And it wasn't an off the cuff remark, it was the content of their daily zeppelin segment. Sounds fairly legit to me.

If not, I'll be happy with the pirated version that is sure to surface. :D But I think the chances are pretty good.

Behave...

It's on wikipedia.

The quality of Black Dog (the only thing thus far officially released) is astounding and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing got released, but we still know nothing.

I went to Wikipedia again and the reference was from Kerrang. Judging from the quality of the Black Dog clip on BBC, I think it will be released. What's the point not to? Plus if they tour, they could sell it at the venues with the other merch.

I was about 15 people back of the guy belting out the time in the floor lineup, and I can confirm two things. There were a ton of cameras in use filming the show, and today when we were waiting in the airport to come home a guy came up and asked me what i thought about the gig (i was wearing the shirt) and what I thought of Jason's performance, turns out he was Jason's manager on the way back to NY. He also said 18 HD cameras were used and they were for a planned dvd. He also said a lot of other interesting stuff...

Archived