Nicole Scherzinger- Jason Bonham NBA Playoffs commercial

She's pretty and has a decent voice, but a Led Zeppelin song to promote basketball? Did they just draw slips of paper out of a hat and pair them up?

Q: Did they draw slips of Paper out of a hat to pair them up.

A: Not really. looks like they been working to before the NBA Comm..

Though this show was rain out..

http://www.led-zeppe...rted-by-weather

Monday, 13 September 2010 20:48 Share Slash reported on his Official Facebook Page that their pre-game concert tonight was cut short by bad weather. Slash was joined by drummer Jason Bonham, vocalist/guitarist Myles Kennedy and vocalist Nicole Scherzinger at the New York Jets regular season home opener at the New Meadowlands Stadium, in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Q: Did they draw slips of Paper out of a hat to pair them up.

A: Not really. looks like they been working to before the NBA Comm..

Though this show was rain out..

http://www.led-zeppe...rted-by-weather

Monday, 13 September 2010 20:48 Share Slash reported on his Official Facebook Page that their pre-game concert tonight was cut short by bad weather. Slash was joined by drummer Jason Bonham, vocalist/guitarist Myles Kennedy and vocalist Nicole Scherzinger at the New York Jets regular season home opener at the New Meadowlands Stadium, in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

That's nice, but I wasn't talking about Jason Bonham and Nicole Scherzinger. I was talking about Led Zeppelin and basketball.

That's nice, but I wasn't talking about Jason Bonham and Nicole Scherzinger. I was talking about Led Zeppelin and basketball.

Oh,you were talking about about LZ and BB sorry about that, however we can agree that we dont need to draw out of a hat for

LZ to promote anything.

Agree!

If you all have been watching the Basketball Playoff games on ESPN today..they are smoking it up with that Jason & Nic, Jig...

Isn't the line "gonna make you burn gonna make you sting" she said "make you burn make you scream"?

Yes. I noticed that too. Either they wanted to take the sexual implication out or put in a basketball suggestion, as in "make some noise". Or both.

Yes. I noticed that too. Either they wanted to take the sexual implication out or put in a basketball suggestion, as in "make some noise". Or both.

It's just for a BB promo, so it really doesn't matter that much. She did a pretty decent job with it. Better than I expected.

It's just for a BB promo, so it really doesn't matter that much. She did a pretty decent job with it. Better than I expected.

You are right. Doesn't matter and it is a good job. Just my observation and speculation.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember when I posted that ESPN ROCK BRACKETOLOGY thread? I said it may be silly, but the fact that it was ESPN could lead to unexpected consequences or benefits, depending on how you feel about hearing Led Zeppelin on TV.

Sure enough, to the surprise of many media-types I'm sure, Led Zeppelin crushed their bracket, even beating the holy Rolling Stones(who are always #2 to the #1 Beatles in the media's rock n roll narrative)...only the Beatles could stop them.

It's possible that ESPN's executives noticed this and, always mindful of trying to attract as many of the 18-34 crowd that advertisers crave, instead of using the Rolling Stones "Start Me Up" for the millionth time, they decided to use some Zeppelin...only with some hot female singer as a sop to their primarily male audience.

By the way, that Nicole Sherzinger popped up the other night at the Prince concert I went to at the Fabulous Forum...she sang an old Chaka Khan song with the Purple One.

But the story about THAT show is for another thread.

Archived