Rotterdam, Holland-Netherlands/ Ahoy January 11, 1975

DavidZoso

This was the first warm up show out of two to get ready for the upcoming US 1975 tour. Jimmy starts off the show in the same clothes he wore at the last 3 shows in New York-Madison Square Garden in July 1973 (the 3 shows filmed for the movie-The Song Remains the Same) He then changes jackets just like he did at those 1973 shows after the first couple of songs. Then at the end when they come back for the encore he has changed into different pants. Since no audio has surfaced for this show yet-I assume it is very similar to the next nights show in Brussels. So they would be playing for the first time Sick Again, In My Time of Dying, Trampled Underfoot, Kashmir and The Wanton Song (which wouldn't last too far into the US '75 tour.) They also for the first time played When the Levee Breaks and since Jimmy had injured his finger on a train while rehearsing for these shows he had to drop the more demanding Dazed and Confused and instead for the time being play How many More Times which hadn't been played in awhile.

Here is a link to a photoset- some great shots

My link

Rock and Roll or Sick Again

1899.jpg

1902.jpg

In My Time of Dying or When the Levee Breaks

rotterdam75.jpg

In My Time of Dying or When the Levee Breaks

lz19750111_02.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

LZEPP031029G1126.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

1903.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

1904.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

pc_plpa1.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

1905.jpg

Encore: And notice Jimmy has changed his pants.

lz1975xxxx_121.jpg

Edited by DavidZoso

This was the first warm up show out of two to get ready for the upcoming US 1975 tour. Jimmy starts off the show in the same clothes he wore at the last 3 shows in New York-Madison Square Garden in July 1973 (the 3 shows filmed for the movie-The Song Remains the Same) He then changes jackets just like he did at those 1973 shows after the first couple of songs. Then at the end when they come back for the encore he has changed into different pants. Since no audio has surfaced for this show yet-I assume it is very similar to the next nights show in Brussels. So they would be playing for the first time Sick Again, In My Time of Dying, Trampled Underfoot, Kashmir and The Wanton Song (which wouldn't last too far into the US '75 tour.) They also for the first time played When the Levee Breaks and since Jimmy had injured his finger on a train while rehearsing for these shows he had to drop the more demanding Dazed and Confused and instead for the time being play How many More Times which hadn't been played in awhile.

Here is a link to a photoset- some great shots

My link

Is this the only other known time of him wearing the full outfit?

DavidZoso, do you know if these photos are from this show?

jimmyplaying.jpg

jimmydoubleneckguitar.jpg

Yes those are from the Rotterdam show- the things that you can look for is Jimmy's hair being longer and more full than '73 -Bonzo hasn't added the drum riser until the US '75 shows and the lighting rig behind Bonzo is nothing like the overhead rig for the US '75 shows and the white canvas is not up behing the stage either that hides the big Led Zeppelin light.

Yes those are from the Rotterdam show- the things that you can look for is Jimmy's hair being longer and more full than '73 -Bonzo hasn't added the drum riser until the US '75 shows and the lighting rig behind Bonzo is nothing like the overhead rig for the US '75 shows and the white canvas is not up behing the stage either that hides the big Led Zeppelin light.

Cool thanks dude! I do know about the drum riser, Jimmy's hair, etc. It was just when I found the pics, I believe they weren't specified with a date. Thanks a lot man!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/23/2011 at 3:56 PM, Texas Melanie said:

Why all of the clothing changes Jimmy? Just like a girl.rolleyes.gif

Thanks David for these!thumbsup.gif

Jimmy got soaking wet during shows. Had to feel nasty! 

I’m surprised with a finger injury that he was able to play slide, but he is Jimmy Page after all... ❤️