Early or Later Beatles?

Oh goody! Rock Historian and Reggie joining forces. This should be as fun to watch as a couples skating event at the special olympics on ice.

R H doesn't need any assistance from me and likewise.

Once again you've shown your class (or lack thereof), by disparaging disabled people who contribute more to society than the legal profession will ever do.

You may be an intelligent person but you personify the adage, "it is better to remain silent and be considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt" as you have done so many times before beyond any reasonable doubt.

To paraphrase William Shakespeare, "killing all the lawyers would be a good start"!

As for Stairway, you are way out of your league, boy.

If you want to engage in a battle of wits, come armed.

Both of you be careful with your responses as others have been banned before and Ithough I have never reported anyone as that is not my go, but there is always a first time.

Trading insults is very tedious and makes for boring reading but if you think it makes you look smart and you feel good about it then I pity you.

I suppose coming from someone who's profession is based on and revolves around conflict and argument then it is to be expected and old habits die hard.

There are many good people on here who have a lot to offer as far as knowledge of the band and music in general and although our opinions may differ it matters not as long as it is kept civil.

I rest my case.

Oh goody! Rock Historian and Reggie joining forces. This should be as fun to watch as a couples skating event at the special olympics on ice.

Once again you've shown your class (or lack thereof), by disparaging disabled people who contribute more to society than the legal profession will ever do.

You may be an intelligent person but you personify the adage, "it is better to remain silent and be considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt" as you have done so many times before beyond any reasonable doubt.

To paraphrase William Shakespeare, "killing all the lawyers would be a good start"!

Both of you be careful with your responses as others have been banned before and Ithough I have never reported anyone as that is not my go, but there is always a first time.

Trading insults is very tedious and makes for boring reading but if you think it makes you look smart and you feel good about it then I pity you.

I suppose coming from someone who's profession is based on and revolves around conflict and argument then it is to be expected and old habits die hard.

There are many good people on here who have a lot to offer as far as knowledge of the band and music in general and although our opinions may differ it matters not as long as it is kept civil.

I rest my case.

Both of you be careful with your responses as others have been banned before and aIthough I have never reported anyone as that is not my go, but there is always a first time.

Trading insults is very tedious and makes for boring reading but if you think it makes you look smart and feel good about it then I pity you.

I rest my case.

OMG...two other people who I have respect for on this forum and now your bashing them. This is really pathetic. I now truly believe that you are here to do nothing but start arguments. Keep dishing it out but you will find that a lot of us have respect for one another and you don't get to act like this and get away with it!!

My apologies again to SAM and the other GREAT forum members here for being off topic but this is really getting on my last nerve!!!

OMG...two other people who I have respect for on this forum and now your bashing them. This is really pathetic. I now truly believe that you are here to do nothing but start arguments. Keep dishing it out but you will find that a lot of us have respect for one another and you don't get to act like this and get away with it!!

My apologies again to SAM and the other GREAT forum members here for being off topic but this is really getting on my last nerve!!!

:buttsmack: .

Take your own advice and stop trying to start arguments that make you look bigger over a newer member. I'll say no more, don't reply, I'm not interested.

I made a joke and all of a sudden I'm accused of taking things too seriously and starting an argument?

I agree, end it now.

I too loved Hey Jude. Shame they discontinued that one, it was a good mix. My fave track is "The Ballad of John and Yoko". One of the best examples of how good John could sound with a guitar in hand. Just Lennon and Macca on that one.

I thought it was available on CD through Amazon as an import but it looks like it's only available on vinyl. A new copy is currently going for $99 while used copies are going for as low as $7.95. The tracklisting for Past Masters, Vol. II is very similar to Hey Jude/The Beatles again but not identical.

I have PM I&II and may even have a thrashed copy of a HJ cd somewhere. My cd's are in storage these days, I am a recent convert to the evil ipod. My goal is to get everything

I have ripped next year. Held off forever but finally gave in to convenience.

As have I. It sure beats lugging around 500+ CDs with me everywhere I go. I've made concessions to convenience in the past whether it was compromising sound quality for cassettes or compact discs in my car, now it's mp3's. I'm no audiophile but now with the high bitrates, it looks like even uncompressed file formats will be the wave of the future. Thing is, you won't be able to fit nearly as much music on your iPod. For now, I'm just enjoying having nearly my entire CD collection at my disposal. I guess the answer to the lack of space will be having the ability to upload all of your lossless files to a service like SoundCloud so you can have access to your media wherever you go.

As have I. It sure beats lugging around 500+ CDs with me everywhere I go. I've made concessions to convenience in the past whether it was compromising sound quality for cassettes or compact discs in my car, now it's mp3's. I'm no audiophile but now with the high bitrates, it looks like even uncompressed file formats will be the wave of the future. Thing is, you won't be able to fit nearly as much music on your iPod. For now, I'm just enjoying having nearly my entire CD collection at my disposal. I guess the answer to the lack of space will be having the ability to upload all of your lossless files to a service like SoundCloud so you can have access to your media wherever you go.

Agree to all. I can honestly say I haven't noticed a decline in quality. It's been a long time since I did the audiophile thing and IMO much of it comes down to gear. 180 gram vinyl sounds terrible on an old flip top suitcase turntable with a shitty 5" speaker. The transition from cd to mp3 caused me no pain. Heck some of the music I've stumbled across experimenting has the highest quality sound I've ever heard. For example the late 50's early 60's Esquivel and Arthur Lyman albums sound incredible. The sound is so rich he had to have been an influence on the Beatles and Beach Boys. Had I not made the jump the ipod I never would have given stuff like that a chance.

I tend to go back & forth as far as a favorite period with the Beatles as I think "A Hard Day's Night" is the most perfect pop album ever (pop is not a dirty word in my book) yet I really love there later psychedelic period particularly the "Magical Mystery Tour" compilation/soundtrack. I'd probably say all around my favorite period is dead in the middle with "Rubber Soul" & "Revolver" as it combines my favorite aspects of both early & later Beatles.

I tend to go back & forth as far as a favorite period with the Beatles as I think "A Hard Day's Night" is the most perfect pop album ever (pop is not a dirty word in my book) yet I really love there later psychedelic period particularly the "Magical Mystery Tour" compilation/soundtrack. I'd probably say all around my favorite period is dead in the middle with "Rubber Soul" & "Revolver" as it combines my favorite aspects of both early & later Beatles.

What's up Kaiser? Good to see you around. It's been a short while.

Archived