Led Zeppelin reunion gig 'too emotional' for Bonham

Have you heard anything about this? Is this true or just something made up to write about.

11/12/2007 - 07:08:39

The Led Zeppelin reunion gig was almost thrown into jeopardy last night when drummer Jason Bonham suffered an attack of nerves shortly before the band was due to take to the stage.

The legendary rockers reformed for a one-off show at London's O2 Arena in memory of their late friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun, with 'Foreigner' star Jason taking the place of his father, John Bonham, in the band's line-up.

But the group's reunion proved to be tougher for 41-year-old Bonham than he thought it would be.

Backstage at the concert, his Foreigner bandmate, Mick Jones, said: "It's been so emotional for Jason. He was fine up until 45 minutes before the show. He will be wretching (vomiting) before he goes on."

John Bonham died in 1980, aged 32.

edited to add link,

Link

Any normal drummer would be more nervous than he was probably. It's probably amplified by the fact that he has the last name of Bonham.

Yeah, I'd imagine he'd would be nervous. I would think the other guys were a bit nervous and excited as well.

I LOVE your signature there; I want to make that my wallpaper on my PC but that means I'd have to remove my JP wallpaper. :lol:

Any normal drummer would be more nervous than he was probably. It's probably amplified by the fact that he has the last name of Bonham.

Oi I was going to use that pic of mine thanks !! <_< But jason pulled it together though !! Good on him !! :)

Hell, I get worked up like that just playing with my band in front of DOZENS of people.

Heh, me too. :lol:

Our band played one really nice size gig (maybe 400 people) for an outdoor 4th of July festival once. I was a bit queasy to say the least until we got underway.

Jason held up though, and was magnificent. In the end, that's all that counts.

Have you heard anything about this? Is this true or just something made up to write about.

11/12/2007 - 07:08:39

The Led Zeppelin reunion gig was almost thrown into jeopardy last night when drummer Jason Bonham suffered an attack of nerves shortly before the band was due to take to the stage.

The legendary rockers reformed for a one-off show at London's O2 Arena in memory of their late friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun, with 'Foreigner' star Jason taking the place of his father, John Bonham, in the band's line-up.

But the group's reunion proved to be tougher for 41-year-old Bonham than he thought it would be.

Backstage at the concert, his Foreigner bandmate, Mick Jones, said: "It's been so emotional for Jason. He was fine up until 45 minutes before the show. He will be wretching (vomiting) before he goes on."

John Bonham died in 1980, aged 32.

edited to add link,

Link

What a delicate flower. It sounds like he fuc*-up the first tom fill in GTBT. He dad would have paddled his fanny. He does the job "sort of" but never sounds steady to me. He's very much like Carl Palmer to my ears. During the years of rumors of a re-union Tony Thompson was often mentioned, clearly a more musical choice rather than a sentimental. All in all it's impossible to replace Bonzo he was the leader and traffic director, a job which now falls on Page now who's clearly in fine form and astounding.

Archived