How much is my Led Zeppelin Memorabilia worth?

broy

Hi Led Zep fans

Can anyone help me, I want to find out what the value of my Led Zep collectors item is.

Signed album in a frame consisting of; Album 3, photograph of Page and Plant, album 3 booklet signed by Page and Plant and a certificate of authenticity.

Any help will be appreciated!

Cheers!!:rolleyes:

post-17174-0-00977800-1303726901_thumb.j

post-17174-0-96924100-1303726915_thumb.j

Hi Led Zep fans

Can anyone help me, I want to find out what the value of my Led Zep collectors item is.

Signed album in a frame consisting of; Album 3, photograph of Page and Plant, album 3 booklet signed by Page and Plant and a certificate of authenticity.

Hi try looking on the Internet. :D sure you will find it there.

As a Fan.... Priceless.... ;)

• Administrators

Hi Led Zep fans

That autograph looks fake.

What makes you think its fake? Would love your opinion. Someone got for me in England from a memorabilia store and the store has a guarantee that its original. I havent seen Page or Plants' autograhs anywhere else before so couldnt say.Luckily it didnt cost me anything, but if it is fake I would love to ask the ex that got it for me what she paid for it, hehe!

What makes you think its fake? Would love your opinion. Someone got for me in England from a memorabilia store and the store has a guarantee that its original. I havent seen Page or Plants' autographs anywhere else before so couldnt say. Luckily it didnt cost me anything, but if it is fake I would love to ask the ex that got it for me what she paid for it, hehe!

Simple comparative analysis against authentic signatures in my own personal possession and against authentic signatures elsewhere.

If a refund could be obtained then a refund is recommended. Guarenteess and certificates of Authenticy are often times meaningless.

Cheers for the advice. Luckily it was a freeby!! I just cant get over the fact that shops will sell fakes and have the audacity to put a certificate of authenticity on there and say its original! Surely that cant be legal! WTF, whats wrong with this world!! Ironic, she's a barrister so she works with law and all that crap. Poor thing, her intentions were good!! Well maybe its original, you never know, the boys might have been high when they signed it and thats maybe why it looks a bit strange, the truth is no one on this earth can truly be sure their autographed item is real unless they had it signed personally I guess, even yours I suppose!!:D Happy days bro!!

There's a lot of fakes being sold on ebay if you have a look. They even come with certificates of authenticity. Anyone with a PC and a printer can manufacture them. I would always ask an expert for a second opinion before parting with cash for any Zeppelin memorabilia.

I agree magic, and I will never buy off ebay anyway, but steve here reckons the memorabilia I got is a fake allthough my ex bought it from a registered dealer in Somerset, thats confusing me a bit! Wouldnt a registered dealer be an expert, if they are not then who is?

I agree magic, and I will never buy off ebay anyway, but steve here reckons the memorabilia I got is a fake allthough my ex bought it from a registered dealer in Somerset, thats confusing me a bit! Wouldnt a registered dealer be an expert, if they are not then who is?

You may want to contact Rick Barratt in the US who is an expert on Zeppelin memorabilia. I contacted him last year about a so-called 'original' Zeppelin poster that was being sold on ebay, and he was more than happy to help identify it as a copy. He can be contacted through his website:

http://zeppelincollectables.com/pages.php?pageid=5

Cheers for the advice. Luckily it was a freeby!! I just cant get over the fact that shops will sell fakes and have the audacity to put a certificate of authenticity on there and say its original! Surely that cant be legal! WTF, whats wrong with this world!! Ironic, she's a barrister so she works with law and all that crap. Poor thing, her intentions were good!! Well maybe its original, you never know, the boys might have been high when they signed it and thats maybe why it looks a bit strange, the truth is no one on this earth can truly be sure their autographed item is real unless they had it signed personally I guess, even yours I suppose!!:D Happy days bro!!

If she's a barrister she's undoubtedly familiar with the principle of caveat emptor - "Let the buyer beware".

Mine were signed personally, and I've got multiple examples on file of other authentic signatures. I stand by my assessment.

You may want to contact Rick Barrett in the US who is an expert on Zeppelin memorabilia. I contacted him last year about a so-called 'original' Zeppelin poster that was being sold on ebay, and he was more than happy to help identify it as a copy. He can be contacted through his website:

http://zeppelincolle...es.php?pageid=5

I've been friends with Rick for nearly 20 years. He is very knowledgeable and I'll bet he comes to the same conclusion as Sam and myself.

I saw your images just after you started this thread, and I agree with Sam and Steve. While a certificate makes people feel more secure, it's the source that counts. As other's have stated Rick's the go to individual. Here's a coa from Merit for an autographed piece I own. I feel better! :D

Meritcertcut1.JPG

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

Archived