I don't understand why there is a section for just THIS concert?

• 2 weeks later...

This concert was the biggest thing to happen to Zeppelin since Bonham's death. But this was happier news of course. I love this section of the forum. I love hearing the stories and seeing the pictures from the lucky people who got to go to the show. All jealousy aside, of course. :P

Without arguing which of their shows was most important and whether this counted as a Zeppelin show without Bonzo, blah blah blah--surely the fact that it was the first time three of the four members, plus the son of the fourth, had played a full-length concert of Zeppelin material since 1980 (in 27 years) made it sorta notable? It had nothing to do with how important they are or aren't.

Gee I don't know, why was Live 8 important to Pink Floyd fans? Maybe because it was the first time in 24 years that group of four individuals got on stage to perform music together. So it would stand to reason that a similar thing only this time involving Led Zeppelin, would be equally as important. Especially considering that Robert, Jimmy and JPJ hadn't performed together in NEARLY 30 YEARS.

I agree, that a section for Led Zeppelin videos would be cool......but I'm at a loss as to why this concert in particular isn't important or shouldn't be viewed as important. You also have to keep in mind that when this concert was announced, there were literally hundreds of threads popping up about it every single day for months on end before the show actually happened. It was in Sam's best interest (and sanity) that all these threads have some place to go without cluttering up the main board and choking off discussion in those threads.

Without arguing which of their shows was most important and whether this counted as a Zeppelin show without Bonzo, blah blah blah--surely the fact that it was the first time three of the four members, plus the son of the fourth, had played a full-length concert of Zeppelin material since 1980 (in 27 years) made it sorta notable?

You also have to keep in mind that when this concert was announced, there were literally hundreds of threads popping up about it every single day for months on end before the show actually happened. It was in Sam's best interest (and sanity) that all these threads have some place to go without cluttering up the main board and choking off discussion in those threads.

Great points Aquamarine and Electrophile!

I would only add this additional reason it belongs in a category of it's own. There were not one, but two generations of kids/adults who may have missed the boat the first time out with Zep, or weren't even born yet. This gave them an opportuntiy to see the band (as close to the original as possible).

Sometimes, I forget how lucky I was to see them in June 1977. Even though it was an aborted concert, I'll always remember it!

This site has so many younger fans, for those fans in particular what a momentous event and chance of a lifetime.

It is certainly worthy of a separate category.

................. :) missy

I agree, that a section for Led Zeppelin videos would be cool......but I'm at a loss as to why this concert in particular isn't important or shouldn't be viewed as important. You also have to keep in mind that when this concert was announced, there were literally hundreds of threads popping up about it every single day for months on end before the show actually happened. It was in Sam's best interest (and sanity) that all these threads have some place to go without cluttering up the main board and choking off discussion in those threads.

BINGO! We have a winner! Show her what she's won, Vanna!

Surely this thread is a wind up, but...

It's very special on this board because it was the only Zeppelin concert for which there was a section (or even a thread, or even a forum) before the show. The Internet wasn't in meaningful use until a over decade after the 2nd last full concert :o

It was responsible for the record users online of 3,039 on 11 Dec 2007.

It's much fun (and now nearly a nostalgia trip) to look back at threads and posts early in the now 29 pages, particularly pre-10 Dec 2007.

• 1 month later...

Ahhhhhhh, I'm so stupid..I can remember it so vividly when this show was announced and I said to myself "yeah..and?"..How stupid was I??? I was 17 at the time and not into Led Zep at all, now I regret to have let this one in a lifetime chance just slip away. I wish I knew then what i know now. They might never reunite and i missed my only opportunity :slapface: ..So this thread is really important..

Ahhhhhhh, I'm so stupid..I can remember it so vividly when this show was announced and I said to myself "yeah..and?"..How stupid was I??? I was 17 at the time and not into Led Zep at all, now I regret to have let this one in a lifetime chance just slip away. I wish I knew then what i know now. They might never reunite and i missed my only opportunity :slapface: ..So this thread is really important..

There was no guarantee of getting in. As I recall, the whole lottery thing was a clusterfuck.

This show was responsible for many many good things in life.

Several of those who attended are now in the music business in one way or another.

Some learned to play instruments and join bands, some now write concert reviews, some took up cameras, videography.

Many were changed forever.

I, myself, would not be doing what I'm doing today if it were not for this show. It is the basis for my entire concept of my

rockumentary series, From the Fans, which allows fans to talk and shout out about their favorite artists, their favorite shows.

I can't tell U how many fans thank me profusely when I attend concerts with my lights and camera and allow them to talk about

their experiences. I was lucky enough to be highlighted on 12/10/07 and now I allow fans at many shows to do the same.

You can see loads of fan interviews at FrontRowDave.com - where the fans create history.

And a huge thank you to the members of the band for doing this one show. Even if it's the only one!!!

This show was responsible for many many good things in life.

Several of those who attended are now in the music business in one way or another.

Some learned to play instruments and join bands, some now write concert reviews, some took up cameras, videography.

Many were changed forever.

I, myself, would not be doing what I'm doing today if it were not for this show. It is the basis for my entire concept of my

rockumentary series, From the Fans, which allows fans to talk and shout out about their favorite artists, their favorite shows.

I can't tell U how many fans thank me profusely when I attend concerts with my lights and camera and allow them to talk about

their experiences. I was lucky enough to be highlighted on 12/10/07 and now I allow fans at many shows to do the same.

You can see loads of fan interviews at FrontRowDave.com - where the fans create history.

And a huge thank you to the members of the band for doing this one show. Even if it's the only one!!!

Great post Dave and stay with what you are doing, which you do so well! You're a natural for that! :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

This show could not have put the seal on their legacy more perfectly than it did, and we all know there was a lot riding on it (to get it right) and it was a HUGE deal to all concerned; band members, promoters, media, and fans. And they nailed it. I was lucky enough to be there, and having been too young to see them in their original four, this show has already provided a perfect closure to one aspect of my life (and I'm only 38!). It will forever remain the best gig of my life, though for some of you, maybe Knebworth or Earls Court eclipses it ?

Archived