2011 NFL Football Thread

Bong-Man

New York City always gets the bad rap for aggressive media, but Boston I do believe has always been worse. Sports writers there have lost their collective minds...........

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7553934/being-too-hard-patriots

You're right about Boston being as bad as New York when it comes to the sports media. When I saw that Butterfinger stunt, I at first thought it was happening in New York; couldn't believe it was in Boston.

But I still rank Philadelphia #1 as the worst...just for having to put up with Stephen A. Smith.

I hate the Thursday night games. So the fact the NFL is going to increase the amount of Thursday night games next season gets a resounding NO from me!!!

FOUR games on Thanksgiving Day?!?! That's way too much. :thumbdown:

Edited by Strider

I hate the Thursday night games. So the fact the NFL is going to increase the amount of Thursday night games next season gets a resounding NO from me!!!

FOUR games on Thanksgiving Day?!?! That's way too much. :thumbdown:

So not just Thanksgiving? Other weeks too? I dont mind it as you get football an extra night. Pig out I say. I wonder if we will get the snub once again for prime time? I say that we will be better. The writing is on the wall.

New York City always gets the bad rap for aggressive media, but Boston I do believe has always been worse. Sports writers there have lost their collective minds...........

Sports writers.....They think they know everything and if sports writers were all head coaches of NFL teams then every team would be in the playoffs since they always profess to know what every team needs to win. Buncha blabbermouths. :blahblah:

So not just Thanksgiving? Other weeks too? I dont mind it as you get football an extra night. Pig out I say. I wonder if we will get the snub once again for prime time? I say that we will be better. The writing is on the wall.

I love Thursday night football. I don't particularly care for the NFL network. The games give me a way to ease into my do nothing at work Friday attitude. MNF is a let down too many times. I prefer Sunday Night Games. They serve to cap off my weekend warrior mode by allowing me to do combat with the couch 3 more hours before the work week begins.

BTW this thanksgiving was an amazing way to spend the holiday. I don't give a rats derrière about black Friday. Seeing the Ravens play a quality team and scoring cut rate tickets to club seats was an experience I won't soon forget.

:hysterical: Those Real Men of Genius ads are one of the few recent beer ads that are actually funny. Too bad the beer sucks.

Dude, you mean you haven't heard? EVERY TEAM will get scheduled for a prime time Thursday night game. From week 2 to week 15 there will be a Thursday night game, including an added NBC game Thanksgiving night, in addition to the CBS and Fox games.

Every NFL team will now play at least one prime-time game, whether it's Sunday, Monday or Thursday nights.

If you ask me it's overkill. There's enough NFL on Sunday and Monday. I like to go out the rest of the week, so I don't need a football game during the week to worry about.

Both college(it used to be Saturdays only...now it's also on Fridays, Thursdays, Tuesdays) and the NFL are saturating the market. It's ridiculous.

:hysterical: Those Real Men of Genius ads are one of the few recent beer ads that are actually funny. Too bad the beer sucks.

Dude, you mean you haven't heard? EVERY TEAM will get scheduled for a prime time Thursday night game. From week 2 to week 15 there will be a Thursday night game, including an added NBC game Thanksgiving night, in addition to the CBS and Fox games.

Every NFL team will now play at least one prime-time game, whether it's Sunday, Monday or Thursday nights.

If you ask me it's overkill. There's enough NFL on Sunday and Monday. I like to go out the rest of the week, so I don't need a football game during the week to worry about.

Both college(it used to be Saturdays only...now it's also on Fridays, Thursdays, Tuesdays) and the NFL are saturating the market. It's ridiculous.

I guess this was a compromise to not lengthening the season. They are also poised to add 2 more teams to gat an LA Market team. Saturating the market or watering down the talent. They may kill their product in the long run but all they see is $$. They'll make the same mistake baseball made. Remember when you cared about he World Series? I could care less most years.

I think it's over saturation too. I realize the NFL is king of all sports right now but take away that " I gotta watch" this attitude by putting on games all the time makes people take it for granted over the long run.

That's what happened to baseball and both pro and college basketball. Flood the market and people just think if they miss a game no biggie, another one is on soon enough. Then they'll find other things to do instead.

Bad move by the league here I think.

If any of you football fans are home right now and get the NFL channel, at 1pm they are airing an excellent 2003 documentary called "Two Roads to Glory", about how Peyton Manning and Roosevelt Blackmon were scouted and groomed for the NFL draft.

Once the draft is upon us why dont we start a new thread called NFL 2012? The '11 season is over. Time to start thinking of next year. The draft will pretty much officially kick it off. Free agency is an ongoing thing and perhaps is already underway. I do not believe Peyton Manning willl ever take another snap in the NFL from what I am hearing.

Once the draft is upon us why dont we start a new thread called NFL 2012? The '11 season is over. Time to start thinking of next year. The draft will pretty much officially kick it off. Free agency is an ongoing thing and perhaps is already underway. I do not believe Peyton Manning willl ever take another snap in the NFL from what I am hearing.

Combines start next week maybe we'll start before the the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/combine

• 3 weeks later...

I will be disgusted if Peyton Manning becomes a fish. A dolphiin. Cant stand Miami. I hope he does not go there but that is what they are predicting. They are gambling on a guy that had what is usually a career ending injury.

NOW SOMEONE HAS TO START A 2012 FOOTBALL THREAD. I WILL DO IT LATER IF NOBODY ELSE DOES. MAYBE BONGER WANTS THE HONORS? iLL GIVE IT SOME TIME AND IF NOBODY DOES IT I WILL. HOW IS THAT MY FRIENDS?

• 2 weeks later...

Bongman, this is the biggest move the Bills have ever made in free agency. Jim Kelly was drafted and went to the old USFL. This is aa day that will change the AFC EASt and the Buffalo Bills into winners once more. From now on though I will post in the new 2012 thread that Walter created. Thanks for creating the new thread Walter