2011 NFL Football Thread

Bong-Man

Hi all,

Pats,looking good! :)

KB

Most people don't seem to care about the preseason, but I love to see who will comprise the lower half of the depth chart. Plus the competition just to make the roster is intense. That ultimately is where a team becomes a champion contender. Look at the Pack last year, if they weren't that deep with talent, those injuries would've taken them out even before the playoffs!

How was your daughters wedding? Hope all went well and a good time was had by everyone..........

The Bills went back to their white helmets at least...............

And silver, how did your speech/toast for your daughter go?

Inquiring mind kind of thing..

And silver, how did your speech/toast for your daughter go?

Inquiring mind kind of thing..

Thanks for asking. It went over very well I was told by many. They said they were impressed. Indeed I wrote down what I was to say and did it on index cards like a damn fool. When I realized it would be outside, next to many tables, with a portable microphone, I got through the first card and discarded the rest and did it from my head and heart. Had no choice really. I had a moment of pause to ponder my next phrase and quickly reallized about 160 eyes were upon me. But I was not really nervous as I thought I might have been. My youngest daughter did a great job too. The night before when the father of my daughters new husband spoke, he did indeed make reference to Led Zeppelin and the Sabres. Ha

Thanks for asking. It went over very well I was told by many. They said they were impressed. Indeed I wrote down what I was to say and did it on index cards like a damn fool. When I realized it would be outside, next to many tables, with a portable microphone, I got through the first card and discarded the rest and did it from my head and heart. Had no choice really. I had a moment of pause to ponder my next phrase and quickly reallized about 160 eyes were upon me. But I was not really nervous as I thought I might have been. My youngest daughter did a great job too. The night before when the father of my daughters new husband spoke, he did indeed make reference to Led Zeppelin and the Sabres. Ha

Congrats on the nuptials.

Looks like Raider fan struck again this weekend at Candlestick Park. Maybe it's not fair to put the full blame on them, but based on past history..... Very sad events, makes you not want to go to a game, especially with the family in tow.

Hi all,

Looks like Raider fan struck again this weekend at Candlestick Park. Maybe it's not fair to put the full blame on them, but based on past history..... Very sad events, makes you not want to go to a game, especially with the family in tow.

Just saw a video of 49'er -fans- beating up a Raider fan in the stands(!) Someone else got beaten in the bathroom and of course the shooting in the parking lot,.....egad,over a pre-season game? :blink:

KB

Hi all,

Just saw a video of 49'er -fans- beating up a Raider fan in the stands(!) Someone else got beaten in the bathroom and of course the shooting in the parking lot,.....egad,over a pre-season game? :blink:

KB

Yeah, I saw that video also. That's why I didn't want to put the blame on them fully. Every team has a-hole fans and some are just horrible people as evidence of the shooting and what happened in the Dodgers parking lot earlier this year.

See if we had just had those mini camps, the fans would better prepared for the preseason! :P

It's enough to make me stop being a Raider fan...between Al Davis' senility and the stupidity and violence of a segment of the fans, I'm THIS close to saying "ENOUGH!" and end my Raider fanhood.

It's enough to make me stop being a Raider fan...between Al Davis' senility and the stupidity and violence of a segment of the fans, I'm THIS close to saying "ENOUGH!" and end my Raider fanhood.

And what about Terrell Pryor? 3rd round, Al gone crazy huh.gif

Using the term "fan" is giving those thugs the benefit of the doubt. NFL team colors, gang colors, is there a difference to them?

Violence seems to be everywhere today. Very sad.

Good evening "Sports Fans"....Ya buncha brain dead morons.

<_<

• 3 weeks later...

Time for some predictions ?

The Lions go 6-10, same as last year. We'll be a better team, but our schedule sucks. Stafford makes it to game 5 before he's injured. Our record will be better if the Vikings and Chicago totally fall apart....which is a distinct possibility.

Super Bowl

Atlanta 34 New England 31

FOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!@#!@#!#!#!#!#!@#!##$@%

And now, after im bit calm, i predict the pack to repeat, but i hope the pats will win it.

Peyton manning will miss alot of games (i heard some ppl say it might be a career-ending injury-surgury) and i'll miss him, a season without manning is not the same, also if brady wasnt here too.

go patssssssss

What, nobody picking the Eagles?

I'll go out on a limb and pick the Ravens. Ray Lewis seems to think it is the best chance they've had in years and he will retire if they do it. Otherwise it's pick the Pack to repeat - they're loaded and deep with talent.

Btw, GO COWBOYS!!! :)

Hi all,

I pick the Raiders to...

SUCK!I think the Packers will repeat.

Strider,stop sugarcoating your true feelings! :P

NFC: Packers,Saints,Falcons all look strong. Eagles too if they don't swallow the hype.The Lions will be a surprise

AFC: Pats,Jets,Ravens,Colts,Steelers will be in contention.Chargers will make a run.

KB

Tom Brady looks like he really wants to get the 4th ring. That was quite a performance. It's amazing how cool and calm he is in the pocket. His throws are well timed and on the money.

I was also pleased with my Chicago Bears over the weekend. :D

Archived