2011 NFL Football Thread

Bong-Man

For Denver and Oakland it is division title or bust...there are no Wild Card options. If Denver wins, it doesn't matter what Oakland does; Denver wins the West and the Raiders are out. If Denver loses, Raiders have to win or tie against the Chargers to win the West. If Raiders lose, Denver wins the West.

So, what does Buffalo do with Fitzpatrick? Is he the right quarterback for them, or should they draft or search through free agency for a new QB?

Raiders are killing me...did you see that horrible clock management at the end of the half? Carson Palmer should know better than that. :mad:

Did you see that CRAZY score in the Atlanta-Tampa Bay game? It was 42-0!!! in only the 2nd QTR!!!

I was wrong - Cincy is in, not the Titans.

ALL MEMBERS OF THE BUCS SHOULD BE FIRED/RELEASED! No heart at all from the team or the staff.....

Can't believe the Raiders couldn't do any better than that! At least Pittsburgh will throttle Denver next week!

For Denver and Oakland it is division title or bust...there are no Wild Card options. If Denver wins, it doesn't matter what Oakland does; Denver wins the West and the Raiders are out. If Denver loses, Raiders have to win or tie against the Chargers to win the West. If Raiders lose, Denver wins the West.

So, what does Buffalo do with Fitzpatrick? Is he the right quarterback for them, or should they draft or search through free agency for a new QB?

Raiders are killing me...did you see that horrible clock management at the end of the half? Carson Palmer should know better than that. :mad:

Did you see that CRAZY score in the Atlanta-Tampa Bay game? It was 42-0!!! in only the 2nd QTR!!!

That Atlanta team is my sleeper in the playoffs. They can beat anyone if they are on their game. I think they took their foot off the gas pedal and probably rested the starters in the second half. I do not know about Fitzpatrick? At times he looks great and you think if he had a healthy lineup (three starters are out for season on offensive line) and Fred Jackson he could be good enough. Its the defensive line that they must address first and formost. A pass rusher. I say the QB from Oregon will be gone also by the time we pick so get a damn pass rusher if there is one available. Problem with Fitz is they put alot of money on the table and do not have alot of time to get out. If they are going to give up on him they must do it during the draft process. I do not see it happening. At least he is not injury prone. But some of the interceptions he throws are mind boggling. Stevie Johnson the leading reciever got benched for the rest of teh game after scoring a TD. He wrote happy new year on his shirt and flashed it and I guess Gailey has seen enough of his shananagans. There could be some bad blood there already. And he is up for a new contract. And what about Carson Palmer? Do the Raiders stick with him? I think you almost have to give him another year to prove himself.

As for the playoffs, the AFC sure seems to be a 3 team race. New England, Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I believe it will be one of the first two mentioned. Some very entertaining games in first round. Detroit should be able to score on New Orleans, who has played better on defense lately. But how can they possibly stop them? Probably a tall order for the Lions to come out of there alive. But I will cheer for them nonetheless. As for the Atlanta at Giants game, that one should be a good one. I believe Atlanta has a shot. Have no feel at all for that Cincy and Houston game given Houston does not have their quarterbacks. Tough one to predict. Like all of them are.

this regular season has been some of the sloppiest football i have ever seen.........all around

super bowl is certainly anybody's guess

You are so right, beetleron. Just take this week's games..I can see both Detroit and Atlanta winning on the road this week.

I can see the Giants getting beat by Atlanta at home, and I'm a Giants fan loyalist. In a way I almost hope they do, the coach Tom Caughlin has got to go, they're badly inconsistent. Making the playoffs by winning a lousy NFC East this year is like smoke and mirrors...............now up here everyone has hope again.

The best opening round playoff game I see is Saints/Lions............the Packers back up QB lit them up, I can't imagine what Brees with do to them at home. Detroit though has one hell of an offense, Stafford is something special. It should be a great game to watch.

I think it's going to come down to the toughest defense (49ers) against the toughest offense (Packers).

Defense will prevail. :whistling:

Actually, that doesn't make too much sense does it? 2 NFC teams in the Super Bowl? :lol:

I guess what I really meant was the NFC Championship game.

I can see the Giants getting beat by Atlanta at home, and I'm a Giants fan loyalist. In a way I almost hope they do, the coach Tom Caughlin has got to go, they're badly inconsistent. Making the playoffs by winning a lousy NFC East this year is like smoke and mirrors...............now up here everyone has hope again.

The best opening round playoff game I see is Saints/Lions............the Packers back up QB lit them up, I can't imagine what Brees with do to them at home. Detroit though has one hell of an offense, Stafford is something special. It should be a great game to watch.

I agree and think Atlanta does not get enough respect. I am picking them to win. Denver is the worst team maybe to make the playoffs in recent history. And San Diego has retained Norv Turner. Go figure that one out. How will Denver score on Pittsburgh when they could only muster 3 points at home vs KC? I would love to see Detroit win. But I just cant see it. How can they stop New Orleans? The Saints are playing as good as anyone right now and their defense has even played well. Great season by the Lions and a succesfull one regardless of the outcome of this game. It would be quite a surprise if they could pull it off.

Actually, that doesn't make too much sense does it? 2 NFC teams in the Super Bowl? :lol:

I guess what I really meant was the NFC Championship game.

I just assumed you meant the NFC Championship game all along.

As a Raider fan, I'm happy the Chargers have kept Norv Turner...means they'll keep bungling along.

Atlanta definitely flew under the radar this year...it'll be tough outdoors in Giants Stadium. But not impossible.

As for Detroit, yes, New Orleans offense is clicking like crazy, but their defense is suspect. IF Detroit can force a couple turnovers and IF Calvin Johnson has one of his MEGATRON games, then Detroit has a good chance at an upset.

Let me put it this way, Detroit beating New Orleans would not shock me the way the Giants beating New England in the Super Bowl a few years ago did. I'm still in shock and awe over that game.

Let me put it this way, Detroit beating New Orleans would not shock me the way the Giants beating New England in the Super Bowl a few years ago did. I'm still in shock and awe over that game.

You dont need to remind me that... :beat:

I just assumed you meant the NFC Championship game all along.

As a Raider fan, I'm happy the Chargers have kept Norv Turner...means they'll keep bungling along.

Atlanta definitely flew under the radar this year...it'll be tough outdoors in Giants Stadium. But not impossible.

As for Detroit, yes, New Orleans offense is clicking like crazy, but their defense is suspect. IF Detroit can force a couple turnovers and IF Calvin Johnson has one of his MEGATRON games, then Detroit has a good chance at an upset.

The one thing the Lions have going for them is the game is in a Dome. They usually do not fair well in cold weather road games on the East coast. Like at Philly and Wash where they had their butts handed to them back in the 90's. Stafford, I wonder if he is now 100 percent healed? Bongman would know that? Anyway why dont we all make some predictions?

Ill go first

Atlanta 34 NY Giants 31

Cincy 23 Houston 21 (only because of the QB situation)

Pittsburgh 27 Denver 3

New Orleans 48 Detroit 37

I agree and think Atlanta does not get enough respect. I am picking them to win. Denver is the worst team maybe to make the playoffs in recent history. And San Diego has retained Norv Turner. Go figure that one out. How will Denver score on Pittsburgh when they could only muster 3 points at home vs KC? I would love to see Detroit win. But I just cant see it. How can they stop New Orleans? The Saints are playing as good as anyone right now and their defense has even played well. Great season by the Lions and a succesfull one regardless of the outcome of this game. It would be quite a surprise if they could pull it off.

I give the Lions management a lot of credit, that franchise was a total disaster and it didn't take them very long to make them competitive. As for San Diego, yeah go figure. Shottenheimer went 14-2 and got fired. From what I've read, their GM is an ego maniac and Turner is his guy, so............

I can't imagine the Broncos being competitive against the Steelers either.

Yeah, they lost to Buffalo after all!

:lol:

Indeed! You will get no argument from me there. But I am confident we will be better next year with the return of many injured players and assuming they have the common sense to get a pass rusher either in the draft or in free agency. I like some things I see. We finally beat New England. The question is whether Fitz is a pretender or not? Harvard grads are supposed to be smart. Maybe he is smart to land a $59 million dollar contract. It will be interesting to see if they re sign Stevie Johnson after the coach benched him for the rest of the game after he scored for more of his end zone celebrating shananagans? Denver will get beat but I am not real impressed with Pittburgh. I hope they get demolished after this game. I know plenty of their fans.

Who's gonna go after Matt Flynn from the Packers ? He looked right at home against Detroit and he's too good to be sitting around being Aaron Rodgers back up.

Who's gonna go after Matt Flynn from the Packers ? He looked right at home against Detroit and he's too good to be sitting around being Aaron Rodgers back up.

Sports radio around here is saying that the Taters should go after him. Which means Little Danny Snyder will probably pay way too much for him and he will stink.

Although he's got to be better than Sexy Rexy Grossman...

Sports radio around here is saying that the Taters should go after him. Which means Little Danny Snyder will probably pay way too much for him and he will stink.

Although he's got to be better than Sexy Rexy Grossman...

:hysterical:

It was Detroit's defense after all. As much progress as the Lions have made, most of the damage they have done is on the offensive side. Lets see how this Green Bay QB does against a good defense. What a joke that Pittsburgh has to play at Denver. What an embarresment Denver is to the playoff format.

What a joke that Pittsburgh has to play at Denver. What an embarresment Denver is to the playoff format.

Not any worse than Seattle last year and look what they were able to accomplish. You never know, that's why they play the game.

Not any worse than Seattle last year and look what they were able to accomplish. You never know, that's why they play the game.

With Big Ben hurt, anything is possible. Plus Tim Tebow has that touch. Don't rule the Broncos out. We would love to host them as we did in 2001.

I think the Lions can play with the Saints for a while. We lost to them 31-17 in week 13, and we were without Suh (suspension) and half of our secondary....which blows to begin with.

Stafford's finger is 100%, and 9 touchdowns in two weeks proves that. If that continues, we should see a 4 hour shootout. I'm just hoping it's not a 48-3 blowout like past Lion playoff games. There's worse things to do on a cold Saturday night than watch an NFL playoff game....so give me a reason to drink some whiskey Boys !!

Archived