2011 NFL Football Thread

Bong-Man

All of the so called experts at Sportsline are picking a Giants vs Patriots rematch in the Super Bowl. Only one guy on ESPN is picking a Harbaugh bowl. I do not care what they say. I like the 49ers in that game. I am really not sure of the other game. Baltimore certainly could win but recent games are pointing to a New England win. If Brady is not his usual self they are done. But there is no reason to think that will happen. He will have to pick the Baltimore defense apart with short routes to Welker and the tight end from Buffalo with a polish name that I do not dare spell. You know who I mean. But Baltimore will be ready. And New England lacks the big time wide recievers they once had. So you are asking Brady to beat one of the best defenses with Welker, a great tight end. And tell me how they plan to stop Baltimore? By Flacco simply being an average QB? If Baltimore can run the football, they will win teh game. Period. Harbaugh Bowl I is my prediction at this moment. It could change. Stay tuned. Strider, remember one thing, your first instincts are usually better.

The Giants team that lost to San Francisco earlier this year isn't the same team playing now. They're healthy on defense and Eli is playing like a man posessed. Baltimore has a great defense but having to make a choice I'd pick Brady over Joe Flacco. Both teams can run if they have to, but the game is in New England. So..............

Giants and the over

Patriots and the over

I posted this a couple pages back. Nothing I've heard this week has changed my mind. I do think both games will be terrific to watch.

I posted this a couple pages back. Nothing I've heard this week has changed my mind. I do think both games will be terrific to watch.

We know Brady is better than Flacco any day of the week. And so is Fitzpatrick. That does not mean they win the game. I agree the Giants are better now but the 40ers are not chopped liver. That win over New Orleans was legendary. Could be a tough day for Manning. I like the 49ers game over only because they did not set it very high. I will take the other game under.

Last week Jabe I was correct on all games against the spread but not the over and under on the Baltimore and Houston game. I liked a low scoring game but thought 35 1/2 was too low so I went with the over. After one quarter I was thinking i had it. Of course they then stopped scoring and it stayed under. That does not happen very often. Turnovers can blow under bets faster than you know. Its tough to bet under games these days. But it happens.

I will give my picks, and last week I was pretty darn good. That and ten cents wont get you a cup of coffee. Here goes

San Fran 38

NY Giants 34

Baltimore 30

New England 27

Harbaugh Bowl I is on.

It's a good thing I made my picks before watching the NFL channel this morning...watching one of those Belichick Sound FX shows would have you thinking the Patriots will win 100-0!!!

I've been paying so much attention to the actual games lately, I haven't really said much about other recent events off-field...

RAIDERS FIRE HEAD COACH.

I know...not exactly a rare headline in Raider-land. In fact, it's as common and predictable as Jahfin raving about the Drive-By Truckers, StairwayRemainstheSame bemoaning Robert's recent solo stuff, or me droning on about some artsy-fartsy film.

At first glance, the Raiders firing Hue Jackson looks to be the same Raiders dysfunction that has haunted this franchise for the last decade. For the record, this makes the 7th coach fired in the past 10 years. Al Davis' recent passing might have caused some of us Raider fans to have hope the ever-revolving coaching carousel would finally end.

But two things happened that has me believing firing Hue Jackson was necessary.

1. The new GM. When Green Bay's McKenzie became the new Raiders GM, he had the right to start anew and bring in his own coach.

2. Hue Jackson himself. Especially in the second half of the season, Hue Jackson appeared to be a man unhinged. Paying way too much for Carson Palmer, paying more attention to his off-field power maneuvering than to his actual coaching. The final straw was his shameful end-of-season press conference, where like Norv Turner, he threw his Defensive guys under the bus. He started to look more and more like a Mike Singletary-type. I'm not sorry to see him go.

Would love to see the Raiders try to bring Jon Gruden back.

MIAMI HIRES PHILBIN.

So...not only was Green Bay offensive coordinator Joe Philbin dealing with the death of his son the week of the Giants game. He also was interviewing for the Miami head coaching job. No wonder Green Bay seemed to lack focus.

The other day I was listening to "Achilles Last Stand" while watching TV. It's not easy but hey, that's what I do. Anyway, ESPN does a history of the 2001 AFC championship game between the Raiders and Patriots, the one with the infamous Brady tuck rule call.

All I thought was..........."poor Strider". What got lost in all of that though was Adam Vinatieri nailing a 45 yard field goal in a driving blizzard to tie the game. That has to be the best kick in the history of pro football still. It also showed how both franchises went in different directions after that game.

I hope the Raiders get back to being the Raiders. The NFL will be better for it.

^^^ :mad: :mad: :explode:

You HAD to bring that game up, didn't you...hehe.

Well I placed my bets...SF -2 and the over. Baltimore +7.5 and the under.

The fact that the SF-NYG game opened at -3 and is now -2, suggests a lot of money came in on the Giants. That single point is beneficial if you're betting the 49ers. If the 49ers win by a field goal, with the -2 it's a clear win instead of a push.

Still not swayed on any game, so I'm chunking darts. I'm counting on an Eli choke job. Also the predicted SF weather tomorrow. Good luck to you guys who put real bucks on the line.

On to the psuedo $100 vs the spread and O/U.

$25- (3 gamer) NE/Balt-OVER, NE, SF

$25-(2 gamer) SF, UNDER

$50- NE

I hope the fucking Giants get whacked. Go 49ers. And I believe San Fran will find a way because I believe New Orleans was better than the Giants. As for the comment on the Tuck game, that was such bullshit. I bet the Raiders in that game. In that snowstorm. Robbed. Pure and simple. It was a fucking fumble and they gave the fix to NE. FIX!!!!!

That was payback against Al Davis for all the years he gave the league grief. If that was any other team playing the Patriots on that day, that reversal would never have been made like that.

I love conspiracy theories.

I think the 19 Black Sox were enough. We do not need Zebras getting on television and making themselves famous at the price of ruining the game. And sticking it up our ass's as fans. Fuck the Zebras . I do not want to know who they are. Force them to wear masks. With big plastic red noses.

The NFL will not allow a Joe Flacco vs. Alex Smith Superbowl.

SF/NE

I can see your point there. And Ally is with me for a Harbaugh bowl. I believe the SF/Giants game is a toss up. New England will be tough to beat but its possible. Battimore must run the ball well and give Brady hell. I bet the SF game over because I just cant see it under 43. I think the other game is a better under becuase.Baltimore has the best defense of the four teams and they have their own inept play on offense at the QB position. That coupled with the fact they must play on the road in a hostile environment makes for a possible under especially when they set the game at 50. If New Englands defense is not effective to some degree, the Patriots will be going home.

They have the field covered with a tarp. Has been raining and may rain during the game in SF. Could be a factor. High winds too. I think it favors the 49ers. I hope I am not doomed as Ally has posted his predictions. And we all know his record. Yikes. And he picked my teams.

Well i will assume you are all stocking up on beer and Buffalo Wings. Ha. My first bet I will admit I dove in head first and bet a parlay, Balt +8 and SF -2/ 12. I bought a half a point from Bet Us who I use. Should anyone ever wish to join please us me as a reference so I can get the credits. Assuming you have nobody else to give them to. Anyway, these off shore gambling sites like Bet Us and Bodog and Bookmaker are the best thing there is. Better than your local cigar smoking guido that says he will break your legs if you dont pay and then shaves the points and you cant find him when there is a bridge jumper lock on the board.

Whatever the outcome we will all have to live with. Just some of us may be happier than others.

For us gamblers the point spread also means alot. If NE wins I hope its by less than 9. If SF wins, and they had better, must be more than two. At least from my deranged perspective.

Archived